Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake from Frogwares featuring the young Sherlock from Chapter One

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game is a lazy copout compared to chapter one.
Eh, that's not fair. This is and was always intended to be a remake of the original game, not a sprawling, open world story collection. Expecting the same scope as the previous title is silly.

It would be fair to observe that this smaller-scale game is being priced at just $5 less than its predecessor, for what amounts to a standalone DLC. $30 or even $25 would have been a much more appropriate release price.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
The original I liked and I am giving it a try because the interesting locations at the time this is set would be interesting to see with updated graffix..
The Ukraine PSA is a bit intrusive but understandable to .. anyone with a brain, I guess.

However what does annoy me is their NPC design in the London stages that makes it seem more like "modern" London if you know what I mean. I doubt it would have looked like that in the Sherlock gas lamp times..
Like they really couldn't help themselves and at least wait for the Lousiana Bayou stage where a more DIVERSE mix of characters would be more plausible? No..?

Also also there's an additional PSA before the one already shown in a previous post:

https://imgur.com/V3jQCas

Why the Hell do they have to do this?
At least at this rate I'm not exactly going to cry if any of them gets drafted and doesn't return from the trenches, I guess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Finished it,it is not bad but not good. The locations are pretty nice and the graphics in the cinematics are cool too. The writing is meh and the protags look like raging homosexuals,a lot of soap opera dialogue between them lol. Also there is a dlc that offers side quests which is not bad,tho i would prefer if that was the main focus. Since the story is all over the place and doesn't make much sense.

Barbarian

Arcane
Mediocrity is still the word I would use to describe this.

The 6-7 hours of gameplay were worth maybe 1/10th of what the game cost.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So what are the games worth playing in these series?
Crime and Punishments?

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crime and Punishments?
Crimes and Punishments, Chapter One, Vs. Jack the Ripper, and Testament of are all good and worth your time. Maybe others too, I haven't played them all.

This game Awakened 2023 isn't horrible and is a pleasant enough linear stroll through one big case. I'd say it's worth your time, just not the amount of money they're asking for it.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Crime and Punishments?

Jack the Ripper and the Awakened (original) are probably the peak of this series. Testament is so-so, Crimes and Punishments is decline central but mostly enjoyable, Arsene Lupin is more like a straight up puzzle game in the guise of an adventure game and therefore has its ups and downs. Didn't play any others.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I recall that Crimes and Punishments took some inspiration from that terrible BBC series, which is unfortunate.

Zombra

Patron
Finally legit finished the game. Liked it, glad I spent the time.

I am irritated with the finale though. Developers, stop introducing completely new mechanics and changing all the rules at the climax of your game. The big finish should be a "final exam", not some new dumb minigame.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Finally legit finished the game. Liked it, glad I spent the time.

I am irritated with the finale though. Developers, stop introducing completely new mechanics and changing all the rules at the climax of your game. The big finish should be a "final exam", not some new dumb minigame.
hey dont be so hard on tesla effect :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom