Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should we be treating this place like a pub or more like an insane asylum?

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've been giving The Management grief over the lack of Whore of a Mother trophies (see https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/where-is-that-whore-of-a-mother-trophy.149540/ for context). I have devolved to calling all their mothers whores until I get a response. I realize that this is childish. But this is also RPG Codex. And now I'm wondering how obnoxious we're supposed to be here and I think I'm straddling the line between asking for a ban (or at least Prosper Jail or an unflattering tag under my name) and just giving the Codex some of the color that it's known for.

If a player of one of my games came to my Discord and started calling my mother a whore, I'd ban him, no questions asked. But I also don't give trophies (or achievements or whatever) to people when their mothers are called whores. I also don't troll/punish my players in the form of redirects, Prosper Jail, or unflattering tags. The Management here does, and I've been interpreting it as kind of joke so it's kind of like they're encouraging the behavior.

So now I'm basically thinking about how I should approach my interactions here. I think I've always been a model user, until recently anyway. Maybe I still am, depending on the amount of rowdiness tolerated. And I'm thinking I should either look at this forum as a pub or as an insane asylum.

At your favorite pub, you might expect people to get drunk, and maybe a little obnoxious once in a while if it's all in good fun.

At an insane asylum--at least, the Bedlam of 1814 as depicted in popular media--the patients are going to shout and throw feces and claim to be the king of England. Otherwise, why else would they be there?

PsihoKekec

Novice
At your favorite pub, you might expect people to get drunk, and maybe a little obnoxious once in a while if it's all in good fun.

Your pub is weaksauce.

At an insane asylum--at least, the Bedlam of 1814 as depicted in popular media--the patients are going to shout and throw feces and claim to be the king of England.

Apart from throwing actual feces, that's perfectly normal for pubs once things get a bit rowdy. Except in India (also Pakistan and Bangladesh), where manual handling of feces is a time honoured tradition, but we try to not be like them.

spectre

Arcane
Depends if you're browsing the politics section and GD (to a much lesser extent than it used to).

tritosine2k

Erudite
kool aid dispensary

see star citizen, favoritism of "non-authoritarian" stuff in ukrie topic, every souls topic, drooling over nudoom etc.etc.

also errand boying for oled lol

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Is there a difference

It's like a pub inside of an insane asylum.

Like the recreational area at Arkham Asylum. Joker chasing after Poison Ivy as a new source of toxins. Bane doing squats.

But most Codexers are like Szasz. They do stupid shit like cut their face, with the stupid intent to brag about it.

JK this place is actually the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.

Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.

Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

boot

Prophet
This place is the training ground of the faithful. Should be strictly 18years and up to join site, also should link to rpghq for those who wanna glow in the dark (i aint no glownigger but rusty is). I want to get some sleep but I have ideas for this place and will always care for it. Infinitron is an exceptional mod btw (I think I can flip a jew).

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Millennizoomer asking about how "we" should act. Cute

I should probably post some shitty meme about how we are not the same or smth

boot

Prophet
Nate, wanna buy this place?

I manage it, you do legal work, rusty manages servers? Keep Infinitron and Dora, purge rest of mods...

What do you say?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom