Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shoutbox breeds retardation.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I think I asked for too much. To be fair, I was willing to negotiate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240721_094510_Steam Chat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240721_094510_Steam Chat.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 113
Ahh the fake scam profiles eith thousands of hours on Counterstrike.

I'd have on average at least 2 per day adding me or commenting on my profile back when I had a very expensive CS inventory.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I assume their website is some kind of scam and they want DU to give them free advertising so to speak? Or what's the scam here?

Hell Swarm

Learned
Did any one else ever notice the worst posters on the site spend all day on shoutbox? You could ban every shoutbox poster and the site would almost immediately become more readable and informative.
7ZgJRXV.png

:hahyou:
My quote is 100% accurate.

In my defense I was waiting for a game to download while sipping my tea and saw a chance to laugh at Vic some more. So I did.

Harthwain

Magister
I'm making an observation. Is it causing drama to point out the absolute worst posters are all in shoutbox the majority of their time on the site?
What's the point of said observation though? I never cared for the shoutbox and by now I disabled it completely, because it is worthless to me. The ability to communicate via posts is superior to shoutbox anyway (as you don't need to share time to communicate with someone).

Also, the Codex is full of retards - that's nothing new. It is only natural, given how liberal this forum is when it comes to personal freedoms of internet users. We even have special titles for special people like them! So, again, what's your point in pointing out the obvious? If you want to make the forum "more readable and informative" just ignore the idiots who aren't worth wasting your time on and you are set.

Hell Swarm

Learned
Also, the Codex is full of retards - that's nothing new. It is only natural, given how liberal this forum is when it comes to personal freedoms of internet users. We even have special titles for special people like them! So, again, what's your point in pointing out the obvious? If you want to make the forum "more readable and informative" just ignore the idiots who aren't worth wasting your time on and you are set.
I'd be ignoring most posts in some threads which I find personally distasteful. It would be nice if mods could curb some of the worst posters with soft bans. If you constantly attempt to derail a thread for personal agendas a week long thread ban would be a decent response. There's some threads here I simply don't bother taking part in despite liking the games and wanting to discuss them because I know they have resident retards who cannot function enough to have a discussion and it's a waste of time posting in them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom