Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shoutbox breeds retardation.

Modron

Arcane
Did any one else ever notice the worst posters on the site spend all day on shoutbox? You could ban every shoutbox poster and the site would almost immediately become more readable and informative.
Why stop there if you want a true renaissance ban every 2019+ registration date.

Beans00

Erudite
Possibly Retarded
It doesn't need to be removed. A section of codexers have trouble making friends, and don't really have anyone else to talk to. Most of these people are also too shy and nervous to speak to each other on voice comms.
The shoutbox(and irc channels) are a good place for people like this to get at least a bit of social interaction. Since if not for that some users would have basically zero people to talk to.

I don't post in the shoutbox much myself, but I enjoy occasionally browsing and being amused by people sperging out. It's almost like walking into a special ed class by accident in elementary school, then you have a few teachers(crispy and proverbius) trying to keep order and talk about boomer opinions nobody in there understands.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Hell Swarm please fix your signature, my autism can't stand it and it's driving me mad.

obraz.png
People don't ignore signatures? Sheesh.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I don't post in the shoutbox much myself, but I enjoy occasionally browsing and being amused by people sperging out. It's almost like walking into a special ed class by accident in elementary school, then you have a few teachers(crispy and proverbius) trying to keep order and talk about boomer opinions nobody in there understands.
Crispy is a bitch. And proverbius just talks about his caruncles a lot.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
While it had a bit of a bumpy start, the restoration of the Shoutbox has been overall surprisingly non-disruptive. There might be drama in the box - I wouldn't know - but other than this thread it has not spread to the forum in months which is much better than before. So at the moment, I see no reason at all for any kind of action against either Shoutbox or the users frequenting it.

Hell Swarm

Learned
It doesn't need to be removed. A section of codexers have trouble making friends, and don't really have anyone else to talk to. Most of these people are also too shy and nervous to speak to each other on voice comms.
The shoutbox(and irc channels) are a good place for people like this to get at least a bit of social interaction. Since if not for that some users would have basically zero people to talk to.

The solution to being socially retarded is being forced to be social until you become less retarded. Not to get groomed by a furry zoomer on shoutbox.

Most of these people are also too shy and nervous to speak to each other on voice comms.
Fucking lol if anyone has issues talking to people in life, shitbox/discord will just make it worse. All of it needs to be nuked as a public service

Codex USB, 2014
Did any one else ever notice the worst posters on the site spend all day on shoutbox? You could ban every shoutbox poster and the site would almost immediately become more readable and informative.
Oh hey, Hell Swarm, you're finally awake.

That bad fruit seems to have knocked you out cold...

You can rest easy now.

It was all a draam.

It's all some.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom