Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Kickstarter doesn't follow it's own ToS when it's thrown in their face of how some KS projects just outright abused it. Tom Hall funding his failing (and failed) project at the last hour with several mega bids (which he admits to in the comments) and that Susan Wilson send my kid to RPG camp crap (No Fund my life projects).

They are losing credibility with me by ignoring obvious abuse.

Zep--

It's annoying, but we have no control over it—and as long as Kickstarter continues to deliver monies to our preferred developers, there's no reason to doubt their credibility per se.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zep Zepo From looking at the KS comments, I can see that two 10k pledges were withdrawn. Not twelve. I don't think all 20 slots were ever taken.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I don't know. Maybe it start as limited 10 and 10 was added? I didn't think that was possible. But I sure that $10,000 tier was an "All Gone" one. Then the 2nd was added minus the AlkaseltzerBeth game.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know. Maybe it start as limited 10 and 10 was added? I didn't think that was possible. But I sure that $10,000 tier was an "All Gone" one. Then the 2nd was added minus the AlkaseltzerBeth game.

Zep--

It's possible. Yeah, they added another 10.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Ok then, That's what happened then. I thought once you "created" a tier, you weren't allowed to change it.

I was happier when it was 12..but...oh well, now I'm just slightly amused. :P

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Tom Hall funding his failing (and failed) project at the last hour with several mega bids (which he admits to in the comments)
Zep--

Mind linking me to that, friend?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nder-plus-secret-spaceship-club-game/comments

9th comment down. The project actually only had about 45K at the last hour, he added 60K himself in the last hour trying to be funny. I reported it to KS, they agreed he violated ToS, but haven't subtracted the bogus pledges yet.

the comment.

Creator Tom Hall's Pieces of Fun on March 1

Jason: awesome, srsly the most bad-a$$ Keen has ever looked. :)
Randall: haha, you gave me the idea for the last hour megabids for fun, Randall, so hat's off to you!

Zep--

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
@Zep- Hahaha, oh wow. I can't help but feel kind of bad for him. That project + Shaker (OLDSKOOL ARPEEGEE) were so embarrassing.

Anyhow, when are we getting that Spoony interview?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
*I look forward to the half-hearted "Woooos!". Perhaps Richard will metal his rat-tail around for several seconds, **I'd watch that.

Zep--
*Won't really be watching
**No, I really wouldn't.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anybody else see this (desperation): :roll:

Back SotA, Get a Crossbow in Star Citizen!

Attention Citizens,

Breaking news! You heard earlier today that Richard Garriott's Shroud of the Avatar will feature an item designed by Chris Roberts useable in-game... and we've decided to return the favor! If you back both Star Citizen and Shroud of the Avatar at the $40 Adventurer level or higher, we'll give your pilot in Star Citizen a powerful crossbow straight out of Richard's new world... perfect for providing an extra-lethal punch during boarding actions. The Shroud of the Avatar Kickstarter campaign ends in just twelve hours, so make your pledge NOW!

If you would like to pledge via Paypal you can do so here.

Weapon Description:

Iolo Industries Armor-Piercing Crossbow

Some things never go out of style, and the Iolo Crossbow is proof: an elegant weapon that has proved itself capable of repelling boarders effectively time and again over the centuries. It stands well above laser sidearms in terms of armor penetration, the ideal weapon for anyone needing to blast through two inches of plasteel space armor. Designed and hanf-crafted by David Watson, these rare crossbows are prized by pilots for their reliability and their low level of required maintenance. This weapon is an exact replica of the one created for Richard “Lord British” Garriott’s Shroud of the Avatar so you can arm your character with it in both universes!

Damage: 2 cm / bolt (+3 against armor)
Reload: .5 seconds

Effective Range: 500 meters

UEE Restriction: RED

Bradylama

Arcane
If Star Citizen is going to have boarding actions that I can play First-Person then I feel even better about backing it. It's mothafuckin Legend of the Galactic Heroes up in this bitch

Nithrakis

Novice
I'm hoping this ends up being a huge success just so I can come back and read the butthurt from all of you jaded fuckers! Delicious. I might just have to up my pledge.

Nithrakis

Novice
What can I say, I've got a soft spot for the rich, space-faring bastard. I spent far too much of my childhood playing pirated Ultima games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well, this thing is going to end in a few minutes. They passed Shadowrun Returns, though not by a lot.

Nithrakis

Novice
Just over 2 million with the paypal donations included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom