Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skeletal Avengers heads to Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: 10Tons Ltd; Skeletal Avenger

Skeletal Avenger is now available in Early Access on Steam. What is it? It's another action rogue-lite similar to Fate but also offers co-operative play right out of the box(or download). You can currently get it for 10% off through May 5th, which is $15.29US. Here's some juice:

Current Features at Early Access Launch
  • Decapitate yourself to do special attacks: Your hat determines the effect
  • Nearly a dozen enemies to fight in two biomes: Dungeon and Sewers.
  • Procedural roguelite levels in reverse: Ascend from the depths to avenge!
  • Equip your skeleton with increasingly powerful gear
  • Buy upgrades increasing your might
  • Single player and simple 2-4 player local co-op

I like seeing environmental traps in the trailers for these things. If you're going to have real time, lasers, fireballs, etc. are a must.

Curratum

I was murdered and woke up in a game with assets right out of 2001 and an interface that attempts to mimic cult RPG classic "Underword Ascendant"!

But my story is not yet done! In just a few short years of early access, I will be unleashed upon the world in all my Old School Runescape glory!

Alter Sack

Magister
Looks like an extremely dumbed down version of a diablo clone for mobile with shitty graphic.

Who plays something like that?

Curratum

Looks like an extremely dumbed down version of a diablo clone for mobile with shitty graphic.

Fate looked like a dumbed down Diablo clone published by Wild Tangent, but it was pretty damned awesome for it's time.

I played one of the eleventy different releases of FATE that are out there and it was pretty competent and well put-together for its time.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Fate looked like a dumbed down Diablo clone published by Wild Tangent, but it was pretty damned awesome for it's time.

It definitely looks like it's targeting a more casual audience than most other aRPGs. From a business standpoint, I'm not sure that an unknown indie really stands a chance unless they really nail the gameplay (and possibly polish the aesthetic).

But whatever. In these wild days of Steam, anything goes. Besides, I'm building a hooker RPG so I'm hardly one to talk.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I played one of the eleventy different releases of FATE that are out there and it was pretty competent and well put-together for its time.

I came really close to mentioning that Wild Tangent beat Fate like a dead horse after it sold like hot cakes. Unfortunately, they didn't really do a Hell of a lot with it with all those spin offs. There were a few things they tacked on here and there, but not much that was really meaningful. Of course, Travis Baldree left there and went on to make Torchlight so they might not have had the vision to do anything more than they did.

Besides, I'm building a hooker RPG so I'm hardly one to talk.

Considering there's a homeless person CRPG, I'd say that's a wide open market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom