Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Skyrim, DLC, Buckets

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Vault Dweller said:
:lol:

Should be added to the Codex' collection of developer emoticons.
This. Make it smaller if you have to, but it has GOT to be added. Perfect replacement for the current :retarded:

NewFag

Educated
Sceptic said:
This. Make it smaller if you have to, but it has GOT to be added. Perfect replacement for the current :retarded:

Naw brah, don't replace the current retarded emoticon :retarded: . Bucket on head evokes a completely different emotion and should be added alongside the rest. BOH(Bucket On Head) seems to say something on the lines of "By choosing not to see the herp (or seeing it in a different light), derp becomes a feature!". Unwarranted optimism or feigned ignorance, your choice, Bethesda development at its best.

turul

Augur
The game is an utterly broken pile of glitches and bugs and they get the "Game of the Year" award. Quests cannot be completed, shadows look like shit, textures look like shit, the UI is worse than a DOS command prompt and patching the game for them means, installing another DRM, while millions are crashing to the desktop from the shitty coding. Simply amazing. :bravo:

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Todd Howard: Hey, people! We're taking this game absolutely straight faced! The dragonborn, killing dragons, saying "dragons are cool, that's why we put them in"... It's all serious, man. The lore is serious, the conflicts of Skyrim are serious. How can you tell? Because Stormcloaks and Empire are both assholes. That's how you tell if conflicts are serious. Everything is cool and serious. The bugs, on the other hand? The bugs are just hilarious! C wut we did thar?

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

MetalCraze

Arcane
"We didn't expect such popularity from our game. I mean we've paid you for this award but maaaaaan"

Rhalle said:
It's surprising that the bucket thing actually works, that the NPCs 'line of sight' really is a line of sight that originates in their eyes/head.

It's time to get out of shitty '80s game era man. It's been like that since forever.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
And, as an artistic note: I disagree about the head bob. It looks good with closed-eyes MCA and headphones, but the open mouth of Todd, coupled with the bucket and motionlessness, expresses a completely lost, stupefied, alzheimer's-like state. Seriously, compare motionless with head bob.
Motionless is derp, derp, derp.

Data4

Arcane
felipepepe said:
Xor said:
Someone needs to add a head bob.
3545086.gif

:lol:

Cured my shitty mood from work today. :salute:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Mozgoëbstvo said:
And, as an artistic note: I disagree about the head bob. It looks good with closed-eyes MCA and headphones, but the open mouth of Todd, coupled with the bucket and motionlessness, expresses a completely lost, stupefied, alzheimer's-like state. Seriously, compare motionless with head bob.
Motionless is derp, derp, derp.
Yeah, you have a point, I can almost see the drool falling off his mouth.

circ said:
You need to make another one with Pete with the big cauldron on his head, only there's a hole in it showing his giant mouth.
Think I'm gonna do Todd and Pete with buckets bobbing together, as soon as I get rid of some work pilling up my desk....

Luzur

Good Sir
circ said:
You need to make another one with Pete with the big cauldron on his head, only there's a hole in it showing his giant mouth.

you mean like a gloryhole in the cauldron?

Callaxes

Arbiter
I think I've given up on the game and decided to become a guard in some city. It was quite an adventure...

internet-memes-the-sad-story-of-a-skyrim-guard.jpg

Nattvardsvin

Learned
I like how they can't be assed to fix shit, so they use the "Oh but it's funneh so we will leave it" excuse.

And now we wait for the shitty DLCs.
DRAGON ARMOR 9,99$
"The dragons look cooler with these custom armors HERP DERP"

Stinger

Arcane
circ said:

Did my best:

AiOSh.png

And the two together:

uoh5R.png

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I don't see why they should remove the bucket glitch. There is not much of value to steal in most shops, gold loses its value due to an astonishing lack of money sinks (aside from player houses), the player has to go out of his way to exploit the glitch, and, to be honest, I was more entertained by this diversion than I was by the majority of the main quests.

Many things need to be fixed in Skyrim before the old "put a bucket on his head and rob him blind" trick is even a concern. If I am caught committing a crime, every peasant, dog, guard, and noble in the town shouldn't drop what they are doing and beeline towards me with an alien blood lust in their eyes. Beware to those who wish to steal in Riften, for they will alert the pod people to the presence of a human in their midst. Or, when I grant mercy to an enemy who is begging for his life, maybe he shouldn't attack me with the sliver of life he has left ninety nine percent of the time (actually, I have never seen an enemy do anything other than renew battle once they recover).

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Aldebaran said:
If I am caught committing a crime, every peasant, dog, guard, and noble in the town shouldn't drop what they are doing and beeline towards me with an alien blood lust in their eyes.
I found annoying that in Riverwood even when alone in a house and sneaking, if I try to steal ANYTHING a guard would teleport and arrest me. And afterwards there would be high Lv thugs trying to rape me whenever I tried to visit the city again...

Norfleet

I think the problem is not that NPCs cannot see you when they have a bucket on their head, but that NPCs don't TRY to see you, and furthermore, are completely oblivious to any action committed that they did not directly witness.

Consider: Something suddenly blocks your line of sight. It could be a bucket on your head, or it could just be some whale's fat ass blocking your view. When the obstruction to your view is cleared, your stuff is conspicuously absent. Isn't this worthy of a reaction of some sort on its own?

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Yes, that would be a nice idea. When people get in the line of sight of places where their stealable stuff was placed, and it's gone, they should have some reaction-comment-suspicion mode.

I'm no developer, but... would that be hard to implement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom