Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Skyrim, DLC, Buckets

MetalCraze

Arcane
No. It's like guards noticing whether lights were turned off (think item is not there) if the player is present and did that while being present. Since no NPC or item is rendered by the engine 100m away from the player you can just make a check whether an item is inside the NPC owned zone (like a house) after some time when a player moved away.

However Beth can't give a shit about good AI. Enemies will still blindly run at you even though you just wiped out 95% of them and the only remaining dude has 10% hp left and once you are detected in "stealth-crouch" they will always know where you are - and you want them to make something more complicated?

Teepo

Scholar
Xor said:
Crooked Bee said:
Jaedar said:
Gord said:
BT84X.png
:lol:

Someone needs to add a head bob.

No worries, Jim. I'm sure one of the residents is working on that as we speak.

CraigCWB

Educated
"I think our favorite really is putting the buckets on the heads," he laughed. "It was like day two, and we went, what? Do we fix that? Our lead programmer is pissed and wants to fix it, and I said I'm not sure we should. That's one of those where maybe we leave it in."

If they did "fix it" it would just be a kluge where buckets wouldn't fit on somebody's head, or it was considered an assault to touch an NPC with a bucket. Doing something like having the NPCs say "Hey, what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" would be way too much work. And, lets be honest they think these ridiculous game dynamics are great. What fun would stealth be if you couldn't kill 2 out of 3 guys at a camp and have the survivor keep eating his chow like he doesn't even notice the his two buddies he's been chatting with had their heads mysteriously explode?

Luzur

Good Sir
CraigCWB said:
"I think our favorite really is putting the buckets on the heads," he laughed. "It was like day two, and we went, what? Do we fix that? Our lead programmer is pissed and wants to fix it, and I said I'm not sure we should. That's one of those where maybe we leave it in."

If they did "fix it" it would just be a kluge where buckets wouldn't fit on somebody's head, or it was considered an assault to touch an NPC with a bucket. Doing something like having the NPCs say "Hey, what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" would be way too much work. And, lets be honest they think these ridiculous game dynamics are great. What fun would stealth be if you couldn't kill 2 out of 3 guys at a camp and have the survivor keep eating his chow like he doesn't even notice the his two buddies he's been chatting with had their heads mysteriously explode?

happened to me last night, i was stalking 3 Forsworns in their cave, and they lined up pretty nicely at a table, and started chatting about "the brat isnt mine....lying bitch.." etc, so i took aim and inserted an Daedric arrow in the neck of the guy in the middle, thinking "now they will aggro and run around for awhile" but to my surprise they didnt, one of them said "did you hear something?" and continued to stand there, so i shrugged, took aim again on the guy to the right, took him down, and the remaining guy just stood there, his two buddies at his feet with arrows through their necks, and all he said was "What was that?".

i mercy killed the last guy and moved on, depressed.

My Name is

Novice
circ said:
It's a feature, so awesome WE'LL LEAVE IT IN! WE'LL DO IT LIVE! FUCK IT! DO IT LIVE!

It's a sheer accomplishment when your unintended game glitches are a thousand times more fun than things that are implemented seriously.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
once you are detected in "stealth-crouch" they will always know where you are
This is not correct. They lose track of you if you move away far enough.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
:hearnoevil: :balance:

The decline of the Codex occurs in relative proportion to the number of senseless smilies I add.

:kfc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom