Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The Wizard said:
also horned iron/steel helmets. whose idea were those.
Can't have vikings without horned helmets!

WalmartJesus

Learned
I was gonna roll a High Elf thinking the Thalmor might react differently to your character and even perhaps be allowed to join up with their faction or at the very least, be allowed to do quests for the Thalmor embassy.Unfortunately it makes no difference,they still act the same to your character no matter what... which is lame.

What wasted potential...you'd think Bethesda would've learned a thing or two from Obsidian after New Vegas.

...so much for wanting to larp a Nazi Elf bent on committing mass genocide on Non-Altmer Subhumans.

Multi-headed Cow

Fans'll fix it. Presumably. They made a Mythic Dawn questline for Oblivion at least.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Commissar Draco said:
villain of the story said:
racofer said:
Dragon Age looks much better than that.

I don't know what your definition of good or better is but Dragon Age has an atrocious art direction to begin with. I couldn't look at any character without cringing at how ridiculous his or her equipment looked.

Textures are kinada low res but so were they in DA2, but aleast armours and weapons except ebonic/daedric/draconic looks like real armors. Why they had to copy emo Biowhore style for those?

ebony_armor.jpeg

Ebony_Armor.png

The Spikes.... Spikes....

:x
Ebony Armour looks awesome from the front, but from behind, it makes you look like an bulky schoolgirl.

attackfighter

Magister
ebony looks like sauron costume, but made of leather not metal

daedra armour also looks like sauron's costume

roll-a-die

Magister
Gentle Player said:
The Morrowind Ebony doesn't look so bad, minus the rather daft helmet. HOW DO THEY SEE?!

Magic exists in this universe, don't have to explain. For all we know Ebony is completely transparent from one side.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hammered as much steel in my Imperial armor I got from Solitude it's now better than daedric. It's a little derpy they removed the steel Immunity from undead/spirits and NPCS enchanters. With right perks and gear I murder all mages now. Got those liberal fags from rich houses for tossing the long words at me. :smug:

Shield run + 50 Magic damage immunity + Shield of Solitude and some anti fire jewelery do the diference.
They game would be broken If I Choose Nord, Dunmer or Breton. Now I Still die if Mage manages to hide behind metshields but it's chalenge that keeps game intresting.

Darkforge

Augur
Anyone who think's oblivion is actually better than this is a fucking idiot, period.

Oblivion apart from being banal,shit, boring was broken at the most basic level. In the general game-play department Skyrim is a vast improvement. (mainly because they appear to have squandered the player mod's from oblivion and implemented some of them into this "new" engine)

The leveling and loot system in general is not nearly as broken, the graphics are decent if you spend the time to unlock their potential on a decent rig can look very nice. I agree the animations and physic's are still dogshit, they need to hire some mo cap teams or something, anything...

Yeah they took more stuff away but at least the stuff the game actually has works for the most part. The dungeon crawls are far better than oblivion, even if they are a little linear. Still a much better improvement than cave/ruins/fort.

and of course ... mod's will fix it...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The town guards are actually closer to what medieval Danes looked like. No horns, just a simple helm.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
This is what the proper prototype for a Skyrim footman should have been:
SME-045.jpg

obudshaer.jpg

Given that Swedes were a bit ahead of the curve in producing steel, it's strange to represent the northerners with primitive equipment. Yes, it was a remote region compared to the most advanced parts of Europe, but not in militaryware.

GreyViper

Prophet
I do have a question what happened to Mithril and Adamantium? Kind of curious of these materials vanishing after 3 games.

Radisshu

Prophet
Wyrmlord said:
This is what the proper prototype for a Skyrim footman should have been:
SME-045.jpg

obudshaer.jpg

Given that Swedes were a bit ahead of the curve in producing steel, it's strange to represent the northerners with primitive equipment. Yes, it was a remote region compared to the most advanced parts of Europe, but not in militaryware.

That's not a viking. Nords are supposed to be vikingish, not medieval norse.

vikinghelmetleather.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
it is, real norse helmets where made of boiled leather with maybe iron plates sewn on them.

only the richer Jarls, chiefs and warriors had armor made out of metal, stolen or made for them.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I started playing Skyrim and don't want to open another thread for this:

How do I disable the "VATS" slwomo killcam? It's annoying and I would rather not have it. I read in some Codex thread you can easily disable it by editing one of the .ini files.

How do I assign hotkeys to spells/weapons?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom