Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by baronjohn, Nov 12, 2011.

1. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Dragon Age looks much better than that.

^ Top  
  2. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    It's some kind of shader/texture bug. Her hair and face should be fairly detailed in-game.

^ Top  
  3. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    the thalmor have been given free reign in hunting them down and killing them. so much for exact same staff.
    and no, the blades primary goal has always been the protection of dragonborn/emperor and empire since the day they were founded.

which is why you need an emperor who is actually more than just a glorified warlord. shit wouldn't have gone this far with ol' uriel still around (even if he was played by patrick stewart and written by monkeys).

again, this is why you need someone versed in the way the world works. the numidium did not just fall from the sky and land in his lap. he fought for it. and even before he got his hands on it he as more than just a man.

that the falmer are now no more than glorified, blind goblins is on the dwemer, if the research thing is to be believed.
    though i don't buy a single word of it (well, except of course for the factual parts of falmer using insects and spider things).
    it's another dissappointment of skyrim. falmer were previously mysterious and rare to the point of being only a legend. now they're in every third cave.

not if the empire continues being idiots that run into battle blind, deaf and faithless. or not at all. i mean, they also could just happily and ignorantly continue with their lives until alduin or another one of auri-els hero aspects shows up and OH WOW.

the reason they are allowed to operate is because, again, the emperor is weak.

the talos cult in morrowind that wants to kill ol' uriel is just one of many. it's like saying christianity is not very widespread because the new apostolic church has not all that many members.

here i blame worldbuilding and remaining bethtardedness. the whole religion aspect is not all that well covered in skyrim considering most sources we had pre-skyrim mentioned most people there still refer to the old gods, but ingame there are just a handfull of mentions of kyne, shor, orkey and others.

but even then, talos has quite a few wayshrines dedicated to him. at least two i know of. now compare that to the other aedra.

so THIS is were i am wrong, huh? so the other times i haven't been and you just scribbled something beneath quotes from me because why? sorry if i'm taking the piss right now, but jesus christ i need a small break. i also need to consult a timeline.

so *reserved*

and i say why stop there. why not shoot for white gold? he clearly has a better understanding of the mythic than titus II and there is a good chance he could become more than "just" an emperor. the only thing he's NOT missing is a heart.
    bsides, tiber septim (maybe) was a douchebag murderer himself. didn't change the fact that him ruling over tamriel was for the better of pretty much everyone. unless of course you agreed with a bunch of eugenicists.

i obviously skipped a few of your rebuttals. the reason being of course that i would have answered most of them with a picture of a shezzarine shooting lasers out of his chestcavity.

^ Top  
  4. someone else Arcane Patron

someone else
    ^ Top  
  5. Stinger Arcane

Stinger
    Harry Partridge. He's pretty funny when he's not fapping off to Skyrim.

^ Top  
  6. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    Nope.
    We have a quest were a Thalmor asks for you to find evidence of Talos worship because the Jarl does not care, that shows the Thalmor Justicar dont have as much as free reign as he could not even do a house search without permission of the city guard.

To start what I said was what Daggerfall said, there even a edit from Tiber Septim that ALL Dwarven artifacts (everything Dwarven) was the propriety of the Empire (the Numidium was Dwarven made) despite not being that enforced as Dwarven weapons and armors were common available (then again, the Numidium was already assembled).

The origin of the Blades keeps being "retold", back in Arena they were just the Emperor bodyguards, Daggerfall and Morrowind had then as agents of the Emperor and Oblivion did not changed that much, it was only with Skyrim we get the Akaviri Dragonguard as before, they were just a group Tiber Septim created and with the goal of recovering the Numidium after it was shattered.

We had plenty of Septims ... some good, others bad and the occasional insane one.
    And even had non Septims (Empress Katariah)
    Also its not as if it was all roses, a lot happened in the 3rd Era like the War of Red Diamond, Camoran Usurper and the Simulacrum.

WOW!
    Do you realize it did in fact FALL FROM THE SKY AND LAND ON HIS LAP?

Vivec surrendered and given him the Numidium because the Tribunal had lost their access to the Heart (as Dagoth Ur taken control over the Heart Chamber several years earlier), considering the concessions Tiber Septim did (self-rule, house traditions and religious practices) ... it pretty much fallen in his lap.

Does not change the fact the Nords did not exterminated the Snow Elves, they simply driven then to their brethren, the Dwemer, that in turn attempted to turn then into slaves with the modern Falmer being the result.

Why? You rather they be like they were in Solstheim were you got pretty much the Snow Prince and that was it.
    Its like the Wild Elves back in Oblivion, they were also not there ... at least they done something with the Snow Elves.

Faithless?

Do I need to go all over how Talos is not that important for the Imperial Cult?

And considering how they retaken the Imperial City I would say the Legion is just fine, at least if we look at how Titus II managed to fight his way out of Siege were the Aldmeri had thrown everything they could at and then manage to retake the City I would say he did pretty well.

Of course your option would be a never ending war because neither side could win, how nice of you throwing lives away for freedom ...

Cherry picking ... OK I think there is no point on argue with you about this but I am going to bring back the FACT that Talos was NOT part of the Imperial Cult in Vvardenfell, it was even SEPARATED from it.

What sources?
    You mean "Varieties of Faith in the Empire" that was in Morrowind and I quote:

Funny, Talos is not listed on Skyrim ...

I found a few shrines that are not marked, Kynareth have a few and I found a shrine to Zenithar or Stendarr (the pyramid one) in a cave, Talos is easy to spot because of the statue as others are easier to overlook.

Ulfric is better at politics and playing people for his own gain and yes, he COULD became Emperor but having a heart?

Try Tullius.

Ok, so what IS the line Ulfric is feeding?
    Nords for the Nords? I am sure that is not being a nationalist ...

Or you have no argument and I am REALLY done.

^ Top  
  7. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    For me Thalmor and Stormclock were like two sides of one coin, no reason to back them unless you Larping Altmer/Nord supremacist... especialy since they're lot of Nords and even some High Elves backing the Empire.
    To Elf genocide not Thalmor High Elves seems to be prosecutedl, Dunmers have very diferent culture which embrace mundus, Bosmers are Half humans treated as servants/slaves and Orsimers are loyal to Empire, being backbone of Legion and all that. It's like Hitler's derp about all Jews being evil commies. :retarded:

^ Top  
  8. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Being fair it's Kwan mod, Bethsesda Imperials look like this:

[​IMG]

note how worn out but well maintaned this armour looks no rust this time.... also how it's close to Roman realism style sculptures. :incline: of Beth.

^ Top  
  9. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    We've been to cyrodiil, we've seen the utter degeneracy of the empire and its potato faced inhabitants.

Cleanse it, cleanse it with nordling fire.

^ Top  
  10. Multidirectional Arcane

Multidirectional
    ^ Top  
  11. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    also the Imperial Commander in Hammerfell let some couple of thousand "injured" to stay behind and help the Redguard forces fight the Thalmorian army there, fooling the Thalmor Commander that she was still fighting a whole Imperial Legion when she was really fighting veteran volunteers.

^ Top  
  12. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    i said exterminated a civilization. not exterminated an entire race.

there is a difference.

something is not always better than nothing.

except he is listed pretty much twice. ysmir, shor.

you realize i wanted to say that ulfric could mantle tiber septim/talos/lorkhan and become a fucking god, right?

you don't need arguments if you have heartlasers. ask the ayleids. :M

^ Top  
  13. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    Sheeit, I knew the entire thing felt too familiar. I even thought it looked like a loose rip off of a fortress somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Just like 50s, 60s, 70s, 90s and 2000s were because neither was short on shit for sure.

What were you saying again?

^ Top  
  14. tennishero Novice

tennishero
    butterface

if you were a retarded psychologst who has to have affairs with his secetary because his wife is a money hungry gold digger- you would probably say "cunts who need to wear such low cut tops and makeup are so starved for male attention and so unhappy with their own bodies- they need pathetic male shows of lewd agressive behaviour to make them forget how much they hate themselves"

girl gamerz who are so starved for attention disgrace real gamer girls who are... you know- regular girls who like to game- not need constantly to bring it up for male approval

and stating skyrim is almost additive as heroin is like stating the sky is blue

GOTY by far- probably game of the decade as i dont even see bethesda top what they've done here

i'd say maybe more C&C would be the cherry on top of this cake- but honestly only obsidian can do good C&C (and not much else- as even with a complete engine- all they could add to new vegas was a good story and C&C- the gameplay was somehow worse- and the art design...................ooooh the art design :smug:

^ Top  
  15. CrunchyHemorrhoids Prophet

CrunchyHemorrhoids
    Level-scaled.

^ Top  
  16. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    I don't know what your definition of good or better is but Dragon Age has an atrocious art direction to begin with. I couldn't look at any character without cringing at how ridiculous his or her equipment looked.

^ Top  
  17. Wyrmlord Arcane

Wyrmlord
    Yes, it was an Iron Sword when I retrieved it.

It should have been Dwarven, since my 50 Smithing character had already built a full Dwarven suit by then.

^ Top  
  18. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    because he took the place of lorkhan(which is the "devil" of the altmeti pantheon), only even more pro human (but mostly without the "KILL ALL ELVES" mentality). he serves as a anchor for the physical world and its laws, which the high elves want to get rid of so they can become immortal again.

the way shrines actually don't really prove anything to people, because they might as well be enchanted or something.

arkay, as far as i know, is actually not present in altmer believe.

^ Top  
  19. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    Its politics, the Thalmor are elven supremacists and Tiber Septim is a sore reminder that a human became a god.

Not quite, Arkay apparently only come to exist after the creation of Mundus, makes sense as he governs the souls and the afterlife, and that is the reason why he is the the King of Worms's archenemy.

^ Top  
  20. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Textures are kinada low res but so were they in DA2, but aleast armours and weapons except ebonic/daedric/draconic looks like real armors. Why they had to copy emo Biowhore style for those?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Spikes.... Spikes....

:x

^ Top  
  21. The Wizard Educated

The Wizard
    ebony isn't actually all that bad. except for gauntlets.

now the dragonbone/scale armors and daedric, those are fugly and impractical.

also horned iron/steel helmets. whose idea were those.

^ Top  
  22. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Can't have vikings without horned helmets!

^ Top  
  23. CSM Cipher Patron

CSM
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    ^ Top  
  24. villain of the story Arcane

villain of the story
    MCA
    ^ Top  
  25. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.