Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

sigma1932

Augur
Fallout 3 was about the only competent game so far I've played from Bethy.
:what:

Wait, wait, wait.... FO3? Competent? Was there a secret FO3 Bethesda made that I didn't know about?

Because the FO3 I played (and thankfully didn't pay for) was terribly incompetent, and at times downright backward and retarded, in its design.

How does the Altmer character play like in Skyrim? Is it (verbally, of course) treated like n'wah in Morrowind, kind of like Dunmer are by some folk in Windhelm, as the Thalmor Public Enemy #1, or is it barely acknowledged by NPC greetings, let alone by the game? And how is it regarded as in the Thalmor-related part of the Main Quest?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
It changes nothing. Just like legionaries don't care if you're their general from the hq or not. You're always a civilian to them.

Some NPCs refer to you as "elf", but nothing beyond that (I expect it's the same for all elves). I guess you could interpret it as people noticing a dirty-ass adventurer doesn't look like a Thalmor, like the native dunmer in morrowind recognize the dunmer PC isn't a native (the game excuses it as native dunmer being "very sensitive to mannerisms and accents"; I think the same can be applied here).

I just did part of the drinking contest quest in Whiterun without knowing about it, had some lols. You wake up near a pissed-off priestess up at the temple of Dibella in Markarth, after destroying the place in drunken lust. You are supposed to go to a nearby village to ask for your drinking buddy (and the staff he promised you for winning), but I never visited Markarth so I decided to do the local quests, then I took the carriage back to Whiterun because I still had to do stuff there. As I am walking past the market, the girl who hangs out there babbles something about me owing her some money. I talk to her and she tells me that I have to "pay for the wedding ring". By this point I had already forgotten about looking for the guy from the contest, and think I started the marriage system without noticing (I like to wear an amulet of Mara, for the Restoration bonus). Turns out I promised to marry someone while drunk and convinced her to sell me a wedding ring, on credit :lol: She tells me where the wedding was supposed to happen, and the quest then advances a stage; apparently talking to her is a hidden alternative to going to that village.

DraQ

Arcane
like the native dunmer in morrowind recognize the dunmer PC isn't a native (the game excuses it as native dunmer being "very sensitive to mannerisms and accents"; I think the same can be applied here).
Well, accent and mannerisms may play a role - apart from running around in mismatched armour and, for example, hlaalu shirt, ashlander pants, imperial skirt and temple robes, asking tons of stupid question to absolutely everyone, that is.

apparently talking to her is a hidden alternative to going to that village.
I'd chalk it up to good old open form quest design we know from Morrowind - leave intermediate quest stage triggers out in the open, don't check or assume that previous stages have been completed, let payer stumble upon stuff.

Here it let you bypass quite a bit of the quest rather than forcing you to follow it exactly as it was written.

Clusterfuck encounter :? . Exiting whiterun, I see a group of people clumped together in the horizon. M'aiq ("M'aiq has heard that the people of Skyrim are better looking than the ones in Cyrodiil. He has no opinion on the matter. All people are beautiful to him." :lol:), the old orc that wants to die in battle (plus two sabercats he apparently killed), and the three toll-demanding bandits posing as an imperial patrol ("You are interferring with, uh, official business. So uh, I'll have to ask you to pay a fine...thanks for your cooperation. Now piss off! Er, I mean, good day to you citizen." :lol:).

Found an interesting mod.

This mod turns off base regeneration for health, stamina, and magicka. In order to recover any stats, you will need to gain some additional regeneration from eating a piece of bread, sleeping, wearing mage robes, or drinking a regeneration potion. This adds challenge and improves roleplaying. The purpose of food and rest is tied directly into the game engine itself rather than being implemented as an additional layer of arbitrary stats to manage.

-In addition to granting faster skill leveling, sleep is now important for your stamina and magicka regeneration.

-Food is no longer just clutter. Instead of being weak, instant recovery items, food now grants health, stamina, or magicka regeneration for a long duration.

That quest reminded me of the "Hangover" quest in Witcher 2.

Which reminded me of the movie of the same name.

Which reminded me of "Kac Wawa", Potato's copy of that movie which scored "The Worst 3D Film Ever". Damn.

http://www.stereoscopynews.com/hotnews/3d-movies/3d-blockbusters/2670-the-worst-3d-film-ever.html

EDIT:

This mod turns off base regeneration for health, stamina, and magicka. In order to recover any stats, you will need to gain some additional regeneration from eating a piece of bread, sleeping, wearing mage robes, or drinking a regeneration potion. This adds challenge and improves roleplaying. The purpose of food and rest is tied directly into the game engine itself rather than being implemented as an additional layer of arbitrary stats to manage.

-In addition to granting faster skill leveling, sleep is now important for your stamina and magicka regeneration.

-Food is no longer just clutter. Instead of being weak, instant recovery items, food now grants health, stamina, or magicka regeneration for a long duration.

I prefer this one. It simply adds hunger, sleep and thirst to the game. No tedity. No no-life micro-managing of nutrients, calories etc. Just like it was in New Vegas Hardcore Mode.

Oh, and you can get piss drunk, have your vision blurred and stumble (similar to the death cam)

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I remember makers' butthurt. They even threatened some critics that they will sue them for bashing this movie.

I remember makers' butthurt. They even threatened some critics that they will sue them for bashing this movie.

They even said something along the lines of "When the actors in "The Hangover" are taking a piss in Mike Tyson's garden, people find it hilarious, but when they do the same thing in the Town Square in "Kac Wawa", suddenly it's not funny and everybody hates it", and that the movie's been shot in 3D because the director wanted to see tits bouncing :lol:

DraQ

Arcane

I prefer this one. It simply adds hunger, sleep and thirst to the game. No tedity. No no-life micro-managing of nutrients, calories etc. Just like it was in New Vegas Hardcore Mode.

Oh, and you can get piss drunk, have your vision blurred and stumble (similar to the death cam)
I find CK's more appealing. I like simplicity (really, I do), generalized mechanics and reuse of existing systems over creating completely separate subsystems for everything you have in game.

I liked the feeling it gives the game, as in "I have to take food and drink and bedroll on this dangerous journey into the wilds, or hunt some and preferably cook it to survive". It's kinda fun. I also tried Frostfall to add to it, but it was too tedious. Plus it would break the game on stuff like my character freezing to death on the Throat of the World because conversation with Paarthurnax takes a few hours in game time.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

oh god,these modders, i never laughed so hard like i did for this.

I would prefer mod adding crossbows without those gay ass vampires... and proper brothels like in TW2... but sex and nudity on the streets is immature INMHO, especially when Guards don't even react.... Banal, Shit, Boring Kwan teens discovering tits. :1/5:

corvus

Arcane
Bethpizda games are bland shit without tons of mods... and with them are unplayable mess.

Just reinstalled Morrowind and went through the mod browse, download, install, ritual. Mod list is under 1 GB. You wouldn't believe how proud I am

DraQ

Arcane
Bethpizda games are bland shit without tons of mods... and with them are unplayable mess.

Just reinstalled Morrowind and went through the mod browse, download, install, ritual. Mod list is under 1 GB. You wouldn't believe how proud I am
Pff. I've been copypasting my entire MW directory since at least three system installs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom