Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Sul

Savant
Well, I guess I'll some post my Morrowind folder. There's a total of 89 images, both artworks and concept arts, but now I'm too lazy to post them all.
v66pgz.jpg
This is from Kirkbride himself. I remember this being posted on the Imperial Library.
With the exception of Arena and Oblivion TES always had good concept art, especially Morrowind and Skyrim. The problem are the animators and 3D artists that really drag the team down.

Great, more for the collection!

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I hate games.

Wonderful concepts

vs

real graphics.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
You probably haven't played oblivious then.
NPC chatter in that game just hurt you directly in the BRIAN brain.
Oblivion is of course worse, but that doesn't mean anything. Skyrim is not as retarded, but it's still in general pretty damn dumb when it comes to dialogue. There's no sign of the subtlety you find in Morrowind or Daggerfall.

You probably haven't played oblivious then.
NPC chatter in that game just hurt you directly in the BRIAN brain.
Oblivion is of course worse, but that doesn't mean anything. Skyrim is not as retarded, but it's still in general pretty damn dumb when it comes to dialogue. There's no sign of the subtlety you find in Morrowind or Daggerfall.

Actually, while dialogues were indeed more retarded (maybe except stuff like guards or "I work for Belethor" or "hmmm blades hammers pretty much anything to suit your needs") with cheerful "what's going on with you?" NPCs radiantly staring at walls for hours, I felt that some quests were more interesting in Oblivion. Of course, some were unsalvageable, like all guilds except for DB, but some had nice format (in a 'not that terrible' way, like investigations such as corrupt Legion guard, or that store in the Imperial City) that simply doesn't happen in Radiant Quest age.

Anyway, that game sucked donkey balls. I've just reloaded my Morrowind char, for the first time, with that Morrowind Overhaul 3.0. My mind is blown.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Actually, while dialogues were indeed more retarded (maybe except stuff like guards or "I work for Belethor" or "hmmm blades hammers pretty much anything to suit your needs") with cheerful "what's going on with you?" NPCs radiantly staring at walls for hours, I felt that some quests were more interesting in Oblivion. Of course, some were unsalvageable, like all guilds except for DB, but some had nice format (in a 'not that terrible' way, like investigations such as corrupt Legion guard, or that store in the Imperial City) that simply doesn't happen in Radiant Quest age.
I agree. Oblivion definitely had more variety in its quests, although they quickly started to feel the same because of the constant hand-holding, linearity and a lack of room for creativity. Still, assassination quests felt different from thieving quests which felt different from your standard dungeon crawls. The only real stand-out quest in Skyrim was the Thieves Guild quest in the Dwemer museum. That Redguard chick quest was alright too, and some of the Markarth quests kind of tried to be different but just ended up being stupid as hell (like the prison break). Everything else kind of felt like the same draugr dungeon over and over again. Despite all the derpiness, Oblivion's guilds still felt like guilds and were clearly different from each other. You could make a thief, join the Thieves Guild and do stuff you'd expect a thief to do. It took a lot of time to get to the top. In Skyrim, there's no point in that because you only get crappy radiant quests and a really short, dumb questline where you don't evel steal anything. In Oblivion you could join the DB and make a real career out of it, whacking dozens of people before you were finished. In Skyrim, you get a few quests and then it's over, unless you want to kill those same three Radiant guys over and over again. It's kind of sad that despite being so much better in many ways, Skyrim managed to ruin the few good things that Oblivion got right.

Still, both games mostly consist of dungeon crawling, and Skyrim easily wins in that department.

NPC conversations in Skyrim are not nearly as bad as in Oblivion, stop the liez and start the truthz.

This is mostly because it is customized for certain NPCs who are expected to encounter each other, which raises another problem - if you spent a lot of time in one place, you'll hear two people having the same conversation again (yes Nahzeem, we know you don't have to worry much about fresh produce because you have your own farm). Still, I'll take sane, if relatively repetitive dialogue over a machine's interpretation of what an average meatbags' conversation sounds like.

"Hello."
"Any news from other provinces?"
"STOP TALKING!"
"I see."
"Goodbye"

DraQ

Arcane
I agree. Oblivion definitely had more variety in its quests, although they quickly started to feel the same because of the constant hand-holding, linearity and a lack of room for creativity. Still, assassination quests felt different from thieving quests which felt different from your standard dungeon crawls. The only real stand-out quest in Skyrim was the Thieves Guild quest in the Dwemer museum. That Redguard chick quest was alright too, and some of the Markarth quests kind of tried to be different but just ended up being stupid as hell (like the prison break). Everything else kind of felt like the same draugr dungeon over and over again.
Despite all the derpiness, Oblivion's guilds still felt like guilds and were clearly different from each other. You could make a thief, join the Thieves Guild and do stuff you'd expect a thief to do. It took a lot of time to get to the top. In Skyrim, there's no point in that because you only get crappy radiant quests and a really short, dumb questline where you don't evel steal anything. In Oblivion you could join the DB and make a real career out of it, whacking dozens of people before you were finished. In Skyrim, you get a few quests and then it's over, unless you want to kill those same three Radiant guys over and over again. It's kind of sad that despite being so much better in many ways, Skyrim managed to ruin the few good things that Oblivion got right.

Oblivion guilds definitely didn't feel like guilds. Neither have Skyrim's, but I'd say they at least fit their themes better.

OB MG was effectively all "whack evuul necromancerz!", OB FG "whack evuul Blackwood Company!" - how were the two different exactly?
Skyrim's Hogwarts College of Winterhold, OTOH, mostly revolved around relatively fitting subject.
Yes, the questline was short, you were omgchosenone almost from the start and some logic was painfully derpy (Psijjics not teleporting the orb earlier but still teleporting it later why exactly?), but at least it was related to magic and felt related to magic.

OB's TG? Yeah, it revolved around stealing, too bad there was nothing worth stealing in entire fucking game, and then you had the end of questiline, when it became readily apparent that the team has ran out of both ideas and assets (giant hourglass hurrdurr) some time ago.

Skyrim questlines might have been needlessly epic, but at least their epicness was much better realized.

Additionally, guild questlines in Skyrim at least aren't just questlines. There are some auxiliary quests aside from chosen one story.

And then there is the fact that there was absolutely nothing to do in OB apart from questlines, while in Skyrim they are just something to spice your random wandering and dungeon delving up.

Finally, railroading in Skyrim wasn't maybe less severe, but at least it was better concealed.

NPC conversations in Skyrim are not nearly as bad as in Oblivion, stop the liez and start the truthz.

This is mostly because it is customized for certain NPCs who are expected to encounter each other, which raises another problem - if you spent a lot of time in one place, you'll hear two people having the same conversation again (yes Nahzeem, we know you don't have to worry much about fresh produce because you have your own farm). Still, I'll take sane, if relatively repetitive dialogue over a machine's interpretation of what an average meatbags' conversation sounds like.

"Hello."
"Any news from other provinces?"
"STOP TALKING!"
"I see."
"Goodbye"
This.
I've heard others say the same.

And then there are gems like this:
:hearnoevil: said:
I understand he'll teach others to pick locks. If everyone knew how, we wouldn't have to carry around so many keys.
That have been written and recorded on purpose.

You just can't compare anything in Skyrim (or any other game for that matter) to that.
Oblivion's derp is infinite.

All the other games are roughly comparable in terms of writing when contrasted with OB - Skyrim, PS:T, badly translated japanese arcade shooter - it doesn't matter.

Well, yeah, if you're only talking about about conversations between two NPCs. I was talking about dialogue in general and maybe should've clarified on that.
Except the dialogue between PC and NPCs was never TES' forte. It has always been along the lines of:

PC: Gibe ur informashun plz
NPC: blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
PC: HUEHUEHUEHUAHUE

And then there is the fact that there was absolutely nothing to do in OB apart from questlines, while in Skyrim they are just something to spice your random wandering and dungeon delving up.

There was 10 ayleid statues in those every fifth of those immersive ayleid ruins hurr durr:hearnoevil:

I never really gotten around to play Daggerfall before until I recently discovered it's freeware on Bethesda site (but get your own DOS emulator you cheap fuck:balance: ). Holy hell, their every game is essentially the same thing over and over in its pattern, kinda like BioWurr. It seems that quests are a bit... radiant (do X and come back in Y days), randomly assigned, and so far the provinces style is more like Skyrim than alien Morrowind.

It's decent, but I guess Morrowind was the apex of their creativity.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Daggerfall was always supposed to be a gigantic world made by procedual generation, with only main quest dungeons being hand-crafted. Which leads to a thing some players call "dungeon vu" - you recognize some patterns of dungeon design and see them in many dungeons all over Daggerfall. Every dungeon is made up of randomly put-together room patterns, and these room patterns are often re-used. Which means that there are certain rooms you will find in every single dungeon.

What would really be awesome would be a mixture of Morrowind's handcrafted world and Daggerfall's random generation - you could have a gigantic world that nevertheless has many unique and worthwile places to explore.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Oblivion guilds definitely didn't feel like guilds. Neither have Skyrim's, but I'd say they at least fit their themes better.

OB MG was effectively all "whack evuul necromancerz!", OB FG "whack evuul Blackwood Company!" - how were the two different exactly?
I didn't say anything about the stories, because I think everyone can agree that they were shit. It's mostly a question of structure and how there's a sense of progression in the questlines. You start with mundane tasks and the actual storylines only get going when you're already a well-established member. You don't just walk in and become the Chosen One.

Fighters Guild: A few different guild houses around Cyrodiil, a number of people who give you quests. Get promoted and get access to tougher quests. Boring and generic as fuck, but it's pretty much what you'd expect from a guild.

Mages Guild: I never completed this questline because of how boring it got towards the end. Still, there's a clear sense of progression here. The carrot is the Arcane University where all of the actual benefits lie, and to get there you need to do a bunch of little quests for all sorts of arrogant assholes. When you finally get to the university the quests become shit and all sense of freedom is stripped away, much like what happens with every Skyrim guild right from the beginning, but the early parts are fine.

Thieves Guild: You have to do a bit of investigating first on how to join. Then you have to pass the test to become a member. The early quests take part in the Imperial City where you mostly do minor shit just to fuck with the guard captain guy. The quests get bigger and bigger resulting in the heist of the century (which is shit), and even some of the early plot threads in the questline are pretty nicely tied into the bigger plot before the thing is over. Although the quality of quests starts to decline towards the end, there's still a sense of progression there.

The Dark Brotherhood: Again, you first have to find out how to join and then pass the initiation rite. There are multiple stages in this questline, as you first take your quests from the guild hall where you can ask other assassins for advice, and later you become more independent and kill stuff just by yourself because you're such a professional. Again, you feel like you're making some kind of progress.

In Skyrim you pretty skip the early stages and go right to the endgame. You can't really even avoid any of the guilds because you've got DB and TG quests gang raping your journal immediately when you enter a city. The additional quests aside from the main questlines feel more like an afterthought. They're short and there aren't that many of them anyway. The radiant quests are just filler and could've been replaced by equally simple but a bit better thought out quests (for example, instead of stealing a cup from the shelf in some random guy's house, you'd have to steal it from a basement of a certain guarded house, or something like that).

OB's TG? Yeah, it revolved around stealing, too bad there was nothing worth stealing in entire fucking game, and then you had the end of questiline, when it became readily apparent that the team has ran out of both ideas and assets (giant hourglass hurrdurr) some time ago.

That doesn't really have anything to do with my point, but anyway: what is there to do in Skyrim apart from questlines and dungeon crawling? Oblivion had a bunch of places I robbed, like warehouses full of expensive trinkets and clothes, the Ayleid artifact collector's house and a few manors. Of course, because of all the scaling you couldn't find any really useful artifacts, but is there any of that in Skyrim either? You can just craft and enchant better stuff yourself. The towns in Skyrim feel like they're only a backdrop for those times when you want to get more quests or sell your stuff, as they don't have any interesting locations and are not utilised in quests save for a few exceptions. Oblivion actually made a better use of its environment than Skyrim where everything except dungeons is just fluff.

Finally, railroading in Skyrim wasn't maybe less severe, but at least it was better concealed.
Uh, how? I mean, it's not like you can get any more railroaded than Skyrim, and it does absolutely nothing to conceal it. You've got extremely linear questlines full of extremely linear quests. Then you've got a few terrible side quests that are hardly even worth playing.

Except the dialogue between PC and NPCs was never TES' forte. It has always been along the lines of:

PC: Gibe ur informashun plz
NPC: blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
PC: HUEHUEHUEHUAHUE
Except that in Oblivion and Skyrim they tried to make every character have some kind of a personality instead of just being walking info dumps, and in both cases the result was terrible.

DraQ

Arcane

There was 10 ayleid statues in those every fifth of those immersive ayleid ruins hurr durr:hearnoevil:
10 identical statues in 10 out of 55 nearly identical ruins?

So exciting.

10 identical statues in 10 out of 55 nearly identical ruins?
So exciting.

And let us not forget about stuffles like... uhm, well... I think those 10 statues placed at the end of the dungeons is where the "pre-made" loot ends :lol:

Fun fact: I remember that Beth boasted Skyrim's progress and mentioned that those 100+ Oblivious' dungeons were "handcrafted" by one person. I wonder if he went insane.

I mean, it's not like you can get any more railroaded than Skyrim

I think you may be 100% right

DraQ

Arcane
I mean, it's not like you can get any more railroaded than Skyrim

I think you may be 100% right

Actually, the clairvoyance spell seems to simply use the same pathfinding as the AI does.
It doesn't imply railroading, merely existence of retard friendly option.

I didn't say anything about the stories, because I think everyone can agree that they were shit. It's mostly a question of structure and how there's a sense of progression in the questlines. You start with mundane tasks and the actual storylines only get going when you're already a well-established member. You don't just walk in and become the Chosen One.
Question of length more than anything else. I think the CoW questline is the only one where you get an extremely meaningful revelation early on (well, this and the MQ, though the MQ is still better than in OB in this regard). As for the structure, having both main questline, sidequests and radiant filler is better structure than having only the main questline in each guild, so Skyrim has the upper hand here.

Fighters Guild: A few different guild houses around Cyrodiil, a number of people who give you quests. Get promoted and get access to tougher quests. Boring and generic as fuck, but it's pretty much what you'd expect from a guild.
Actually no. What I would expect from a guild is something like one of the guilds in MW or DF. You get job, perform tasks and earn privileges and ability to get less mundane tasks. What I wouldn't expect from a guild is mini-MQ. This said, epic mini-MQ beats hilariously inept attempt at epic mini-MQ, so Skyrim>>Oblivious.

Mages Guild: I never completed this questline because of how boring it got towards the end. Still, there's a clear sense of progression here. The carrot is the Arcane University where all of the actual benefits lie, and to get there you need to do a bunch of little quests for all sorts of arrogant assholes. When you finally get to the university the quests become shit and all sense of freedom is stripped away, much like what happens with every Skyrim guild right from the beginning, but the early parts are fine.
The "early parts" mean several banal shit boring recommendation quests. Even getting the mushrooms for Ajira in MW was far more exciting, because it was up to you where and how to get them.

Thieves Guild: You have to do a bit of investigating first on how to join.
Or get caught stupidly.

Then you have to pass the test to become a member.
AKA follow the pizza slice to the item before the NPC follows her.
The early quests take part in the Imperial City where you mostly do minor shit just to fuck with the guard captain guy. The quests get bigger and bigger resulting in the heist of the century (which is shit), and even some of the early plot threads in the questline are pretty nicely tied into the bigger plot before the thing is over. Although the quality of quests starts to decline towards the end, there's still a sense of progression there.
Well, no. Early quests are indeed better than Ob's usual fare, but later on you don't get sense of progression, unless you mean progression of fucktardry. And the whole shit is punctuated by pointless but necessary freelance thievery where you steal worthless shit while musing over how many actually valuable items you could get by just adventuring in this time.

The Dark Brotherhood: Again, you first have to find out how to join and then pass the initiation rite.
Or just murder some shit.

There are multiple stages in this questline, as you first take your quests from the guild hall where you can ask other assassins for advice, and later you become more independent and kill stuff just by yourself because you're such a professional. Again, you feel like you're making some kind of progress.
Except the quests are horribly railroaded (or at least doing them optimally is) and later on you're carrying the idiot ball and cringing all the time.

In Skyrim you pretty skip the early stages and go right to the endgame. You can't really even avoid any of the guilds because you've got DB and TG quests gang raping your journal immediately when you enter a city. The additional quests aside from the main questlines feel more like an afterthought. They're short and there aren't that many of them anyway. The radiant quests are just filler and could've been replaced by equally simple but a bit better thought out quests (for example, instead of stealing a cup from the shelf in some random guy's house, you'd have to steal it from a basement of a certain guarded house, or something like that).
Yes, the questlines do feel as if someone cut out all the beginning and most of the middle, but they are still more interesting. Radiant quests are actually the kind of quests you could expect from a guild, so they should have been more numerous, especially in the beginning, and sidequests, well, at least they exist.

That doesn't really have anything to do with my point, but anyway: what is there to do in Skyrim apart from questlines and dungeon crawling? Oblivion had a bunch of places I robbed, like warehouses full of expensive trinkets and clothes, the Ayleid artifact collector's house and a few manors. Of course, because of all the scaling you couldn't find any really useful artifacts
See the bolded part. There is much more to crawling in Skyrim - less agressive scaling, more rewarding exploration.

Crawling was pointless in oblivious, so you were left doing the quests which were shit.

Quests may be shit in Skyrim, so you're left crawling which is actually entertaining, doing quests only when it's convenient anyway.

Oblivion actually made a better use of its environment than Skyrim where everything except dungeons is just fluff.
Dude, what
Uh, how? I mean, it's not like you can get any more railroaded than Skyrim, and it does absolutely nothing to conceal it. You've got extremely linear questlines full of extremely linear quests. Then you've got a few terrible side quests that are hardly even worth playing.
How? By at least avoiding afflicting the player with idiot ball and cutscene paralysis. Quests are linear and shit in both games, although in Skyrim you at least get some minimal C&C.

Except that in Oblivion and Skyrim they tried to make every character have some kind of a personality instead of just being walking info dumps, and in both cases the result was terrible.
At least the typical personality in Skyrim isn't a babbling retard that begs to be mercykilled.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued

Just when I thought quest compass alone is the dumbest thing.

Now players added rails because it's not enough for them to find quest stuff.

Our civilisation is fucking dead.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane

Just when I thought quest compass alone is the dumbest thing.

Now players added rails because it's not enough for them to find quest stuff.

Our civilisation is fucking dead.

-What really sucks is that this could have been an awesome spell which fit the game nicely...
The Mage Guild is a joke- I dont remember any real "benefit" from the questline other than a semi cool Mage Guild Leader House. This could have been a spell that you have to be Grandmaster Mage to get (and then do a questline to learn)- Instead the (arguably) most powerful and "best" spell in the game is bought at the first shop you ever find and is cheap as hell.

This spell makes sense if you had great magick Power and could use this to "remote view" an object or person you were seeking.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Question of length more than anything else. I think the CoW questline is the only one where you get an extremely meaningful revelation early on (well, this and the MQ, though the MQ is still better than in OB in this regard). As for the structure, having both main questline, sidequests and radiant filler is better structure than having only the main questline in each guild, so Skyrim has the upper hand here.
Except that, as far as I remember, the sidequests have nothing do with advancing in the guild, so you'll end up being the Grandmaster after a few quests anyway. The sidequests don't change the actual structure in any way.

Actually no. What I would expect from a guild is something like one of the guilds in MW or DF. You get job, perform tasks and earn privileges and ability to get less mundane tasks. What I wouldn't expect from a guild is mini-MQ. This said, epic mini-MQ beats hilariously inept attempt at epic mini-MQ, so Skyrim>>Oblivious.
Advancing in the guild was mostly just cosmetic, but at least it was there. I also don't remember it being epic at all either, because most of the time you just slaughter trolls in some cave. The plot was almost nonexistent. Skyrim, on the other hand, is full of hilariously inept attempts at epic mini-MQs, and it falls flat on its ass every single time.

Well, no. Early quests are indeed better than Ob's usual fare, but later on you don't get sense of progression, unless you mean progression of fucktardry. And the whole shit is punctuated by pointless but necessary freelance thievery where you steal worthless shit while musing over how many actually valuable items you could get by just adventuring in this time.
That's mostly just a question of writing, not structure. Freelance thievery still beats doing the same radiant quest over and over again.

Except the quests are horribly railroaded (or at least doing them optimally is) and later on you're carrying the idiot ball and cringing all the time.
Just like in Skyrim. Doesn't have anything to do with structure.

Yes, the questlines do feel as if someone cut out all the beginning and most of the middle, but they are still more interesting. Radiant quests are actually the kind of quests you could expect from a guild, so they should have been more numerous, especially in the beginning, and sidequests, well, at least they exist.
The quests are exactly the same with all guilds, with hardly any variety at all. Radiant quests are just pointless because there's no kind of challenge to them. You just do the same thing over and over again in a slightly different town or house.

See the bolded part. There is much more to crawling in Skyrim - less agressive scaling, more rewarding exploration.

Crawling was pointless in oblivious, so you were left doing the quests which were shit.

Quests may be shit in Skyrim, so you're left crawling which is actually entertaining, doing quests only when it's convenient anyway.
Yeah, but the stuff you find in Skyrim is still worthless compared to stuff you can make with decent crafting and enchanting skills. You don't even really have to look for anything because the Daedric quests basically force themselves down your throat.

Dude, what
There were lots of quests in Oblivion that took place in towns and where you could do thing a bit differently depending on the time of day, your skills, Radiant AI etc. You could bribe a guard to turn a blind eye when entering a house, or you could go through the back door, or you could pickpocket the key from the house's owner etc. Especially the DB quests had usually a few different ways to do them. It was not great or anything, but Skyrim has very little of this kind of stuff because quests usually take place in dungeons where you've only got one way to go. There are a couple of DB and TG quests that give you different options, but you could count them on one hand.

How? By at least avoiding afflicting the player with idiot ball and cutscene paralysis.
Are you seriously saying there's more of this in Oblivion than in Skyrim? I remember a few cases of cutscene paralysis in Oblivion, but Skyrim uses it almost constantly, especially with the Thieves Guild.

At least the typical personality in Skyrim isn't a babbling retard that begs to be mercykilled.
It's not that far off. The NPCs may not have permanent brain damage but they're still on the level of five-year-olds mentally.

Skyrim Redone + Deadly Dragons + Revered Dragon from Dawnguard + Master Difficulty = :love:. Had to bring the most effective potions and fortify effects, manage shouts, make good use of both melee and ranged with best poisons, maintain high mobility and reactivity to get the sense of accomplishment almost comparable to Dark Souls.

I have to do a different playthrough with the opposite of my character one day.

EDIT:
That's mostly just a question of writing, not structure. Freelance thievery still beats doing the same radiant quest over and over again.
Actually, since Oblivion sucking hard is an axiom, Thieves Guild did not disappoint in that regard, but that "you have to steal and sell it to progress" was a nice feature concept. I find it weird that the Thieves Guild in Morrowind, which I'm also playing now, didn't actually require being that sneaky. You don't have to steal and fence at all to get jobs, catburglary is broken as fuck and getting a substitute is also a viable option.
Whatever, I joined House Telvanni.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I did try replaying with that mod combination (and some others) but the result was that dragons either never spawned (mostly this), died instantly by piledriving the ground and leaving a kind of sad skeleton sticking vertically out of the snow neck-deep, died in one hit, or attacked a town eight at a time. The latter was... memorable, at least. Mostly for the thieves' guild boss shouting "I'VE FOUGHT OPPONENTS FIERCER THAN YOU" while being tossed around the canals repeatedly.

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong.

I did try replaying with that mod combination (and some others) but the result was that dragons either never spawned (mostly this), died instantly by piledriving the ground and leaving a kind of sad skeleton sticking vertically out of the snow neck-deep, died in one hit, or attacked a town eight at a time. The latter was... memorable, at least. Mostly for the thieves' guild boss shouting "I'VE FOUGHT OPPONENTS FIERCER THAN YOU" while being tossed around the canals repeatedly.

I'm not entirely sure what went wrong.

:what::lol::lol:

It does seem to affect their spawns, from what I've seen. But if anyone dies in one hit, it's the player. (I have 320 HP and 260 + 120 Dragonhide spell Armor Rating and Ancient Dragon on Adept was one-shotting me if he got an opportunity to bite me without blocking/warding etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom