Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

You may have noticed another update downloaded itself through Steam the other day...

I enjoy *modded* Skyrim for what it is, but I'll be damned before I'll purchase something from Bethesda.:smug:

msxyz

Augur
A new expansion, Dragonborn, (although the term DLC is probably more apt) is supposed to be officially announced today

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
It would be funny, if this dlc contains a proper main quest. The original one was shittier than Oblivion's.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It would be funny, if this dlc contains a proper main quest. The original one was shittier than Oblivion's.

What Main Quest? Still have Cliff Racers spam even after the visit to Sovengard... never buy any Bethpizda or EA/Bio game before 2 years after relaese as you will get early beta with 50% content cut off... on the second thought don't buy them anyway. :smug:

msxyz

Augur
It would be funnier if it will break the existing quests even more. One year later, several nasty bugs present at release are still there despite 6 patches. Needless to say, the unofficial community patch fixed much more that Bethesda has or ever will patch!

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, that's pretty typical though. Bethesda doesn't give a shit.

I mean, vanilla Skyrim is unplayably shitty. You need mods for it to be enjoyable, and that's why Bethesda release such shitty Elder Scrolls games. They save money because the modding community develops the rest of the game for them.

msxyz

Augur
There aren't many fantasy-themed sandbox games out there and that's a shame.
I guess, as the old saying goes, Beggars cannot be choosers.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Dragonborn DLC trailer

The environments are pretty decent, too bad the rest of it is probably going to suck.

Dragonborn DLC trailer

The environments are pretty decent, too bad the rest of it is probably going to suck.

:what: theres a dragon priest that kiills his object of worship hurr:avatard:

I'm alright with their 'suckerhood' as long as it's bundled with Skyrim Redone and other things. I don't want to say that "modders fixed Skyrim", but...

Anyway, I absolutely adore the fact this trailer didn't show the player riding a dragon, just like their trailers never show battles with more than 5 NPCs :D

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Neth neth neth neth neth neth neth

GOTY 10/10

I can actually play that just for shrooms and neths.
Although that dragon riding................................................................................................... :deadhorse: dragons are the most shit part of skyrim and they want us to ride them

Not an actual gameplay mechanic, if there's any to begin with. They sure know the weaknesses of this shitty engine:smug:

EDIT: It's December 4 for PCs as well, right? I think they burned that 2-DLC-Xbox-exclusive-only on Hearthfire, good troll:lol:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
gameplay mechanic

in skyrim?

the fuck.

Sul

Savant
Apocrypha confirmed, seems we were right about Hermaeus Mora. Also spears and Telvanni.

theres a dragon priest that kiills his object of worship hurr

According to the game (it was in a book, I think), being a dragon priest was both a religious and political position, some priests didn't give many shits about the dragons and were more interested in being rulers.

edit: hey, seems like Erkeil is gonna make an all-in-one version of his overhaul.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
The trailer didn't look half-bad, actually. The bull netch gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling and there was other nice stuff as well. I might actually check this out at some point if I can still find my Skyrim save somewhere.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Man, I KNEW there would be a Highlander style turn to the Dragonborn story of Skyrim.

The Dovaahkiin discovers that there are other Dragonborns, and that they all have to kill each other because There Can Be Only One.

KidBoogie

Learned
Man, I KNEW there would be a Highlander style turn to the Dragonborn story of Skyrim.

The Dovaahkiin discovers that there are other Dragonborns, and that they all have to kill each other because There Can Be Only One.

Rather, bethesda shows their mastery of c&c by giving you the option to kill him or accept him as a trap triggering companion!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
By the way, Bethesda handles ancient enemies very very badly.

Dawnguard had a Falmer Arch-Prelate who was older than most of the Falmer race, being close to the age of the Aldmeri themselves. He was ancient enough to have written several Elder Scrolls prophecies himself. And, he was one of the oldest vampires to have ever lived. This should have been a Firkraag/Kangaxx moment.

Yet, I did not lay a finger to kill him. Two Zombie Thralls did that job for me in five seconds.

I imagine that the Original Dragonborn of the upcoming DLC is going to be a pretty unimpressive enemy. I bet he'll die to a single sneak attack from two daedric daggers in another unclimatic bossfights in a long line of unclimatic bossfights that we have seen since Dagoth Ur in Morrowind.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I like his voice, but rhis lyrics are so shit they give me diarrhea.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That trailer was pretty well done. Loved the environment design. Gameplay will be same old shit of course.

Anyone notice how Bethesda seem to make the base game as generic and bland as possible, and then actually do interesting environments in the DLCs? See Shivering Isles and some of the Fallout 3 stuff. The DLCs also seem to be where they actually get into the fun parts of the lore too. I almost wonder if they purposely hold off on doing cool stuff in order to make their DLCs seem more interesting and exciting by comparison.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

Dawnguard had a Falmer Arch-Prelate who was older than most of the Falmer race, being close to the age of the Aldmeri themselves. He was ancient enough to have written several Elder Scrolls prophecies himself. And, he was one of the oldest vampires to have ever lived. This should have been a Firkraag/Kangaxx moment.

Yet, I did not lay a finger to kill him. Two Zombie Thralls did that job for me in five seconds.

I imagine that the Original Dragonborn of the upcoming DLC is going to be a pretty unimpressive enemy. I bet he'll die to a single sneak attack from two daedric daggers in another unclimatic bossfights in a long line of unclimatic bossfights that we have seen since Dagoth Ur in Morrowind.
After Almalexia gave her evil speech at the end of Tribunal, I opened the inventory, drank twenty sujamma and killed her in one hit.

And that was a "goddess". Don't get me even started on the aspect of Hircine in Bloodmoon.

Sul

Savant

After Almalexia gave her evil speech at the end of Tribunal, I opened the inventory, drank twenty sujamma and killed her in one hit.

And that was a "goddess". Don't get me even started on the aspect of Hircine in Bloodmoon.
I had a pretty good fight with Hircine (aspect of guile), maybe because I decided to avoid exploiting the gameplay mechanics.

Bahamut

Arcane
Did i just saw a smoking volcano in the distance?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom