Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ram-ass is instaban in my Elo. Vlad, Malphite, Kassadin and Mordekaiser too, in no particular order. Shen not that much, but good Shen's are 1 in 50.

Is blind monk an April 1st joke?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
I think its the guys that like playing glass cannon champs that ban him cause he can instapwn them with ignite+ulti. Imo, he's like Shen, a walking annoying meatbag with no damage, rush Warmogs and Force of nature and hes a MAJOR annoyance.I dont mind them, I find it way harder to play against a good Nunu than a good Shen.
I ban Ram-ass and Vlad when Im on top of the list, Ramass cause everybody wants him banned, and Vlad cause hes a fucking cheeze, poke/heal and that fucking pool annoys the hell out of me. Like having Zhonyas at level 1. Come on.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Ranked is fucking insane. Another game, another loss. No matter how good I play. I can be the worlds greatest Malph, solo push the first turret, have 6-1-6 score mid game and still get slapped like a bitch in the end.

Just had a game as Blitz, had to tank, had to carry while everyone else was running around.No pushing at all. We got the first turret at 30 minutes. They had Malz, only me had CC. Hello 700 AP in your face. Counterpicks dont exist on my team.
Seems I'll need to duo-que to get the fuck out this mess.

OTOH, im 20+ wins in normal. Same people, same champs, but different outcome. Unbeliavable.

Played 2 games today. Tried out 'new' vs ai coop mode. First of all I'm quite pleased with how much they improved bots, they were hilariously bad (and some people still managed to be worse than them ... ) now they aren't that bad, still easy as pie but at least they can put up a fight, team up, push towers etc. I even died few times (don't laugh I'm out of practice) though that was largely influenced by my second issue that reminded me of why I stopped playing.

Fucking lag spikes :x

My connection is shitty and hopefully I'll switch soon to much, much better isp but it isn't THAT bad. My normal latency is around 40, pretty good but fuuuuuu, lag spikes, lag spikes everywhere. If gameplay was a bit choppy I wouldn't mind, but occasional 10 seconds long freezes (not exaggeration), controls unresponsiveness (flash, flash! FLASH GODDAMNIT! (before someone comes up with this theory, no I wasn't CC'd, it's lag) ) make me RAGE. I'm not a sore butthurt loser that calls everyone better than him a "hacker", I'm not hell bent on winning and certainly I don't mind losing after long fought hard battle, I just drop GG, maybe compliment particularly good players. I'm one of these people that just want to have fun playing, whatever final result may be. What I HATE is losing not because I was outplayed in fair match but because game runs like shit.

Ps. :x

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I had not really played it for a good chunk of time so i tried it again yesterday and DAM Morgana still rapes.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
The Crit build is almost done, and Ive had good time playing it with Malphite and Blitz.
Those two are pretty much one burst champs,do your combo then nothing. But this build gives them ability to outdamage their carrys after the burst.
First time I played it I went 19/2/10 with Malph. Carried whole game. Finished with 4.6k HP, 51% critchance, 350 AD and 150+ of armor and MR.

Critchance Quints
Critchance Marks
Manaregen/5 Yellows
CDR blues
9/0/21 masteries
Ignite/Flash

For Malphite:

Dorans shield
Chain Armor
Boots of Speed
Giants Belt
Finish Atmas/Warmogs
Start on Triforce and Banshees.
Always carry elixirs with you.

This pretty much gives him ability to pound like hell after the initiation, and you've got Flash to gtfo if things go wrong. Ulti in and clean up.

For Blitz is similar but
Mana crystal+2 hp
Sheen
Boots/zerkers
Atmas/Warmogs
Manamune
Finish Triforce
Banshees

1 grab=1 kill

Mystary!

Arcane
Anyone still playing? I started yesterday and loved and today when I got the day off the servers are down :x
My summoner name is Bübl

I would if lags weren't so bad for me, well it's not as bad as it would look from my last post because it doesn't happen all the time, but it does. I play quick games against ai from time to time to get first win of the day bonus but any competitive game would just make me rage too much. I can add you ingame and play some training games if we happen to meet online.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
fyezall said:
Anyone still playing? I started yesterday and loved and today when I got the day off the servers are down :x
My summoner name is Bübl

Servers are up in EU now. Off to stab people to death with akali.

Wulfstand

Prophet
I'm playing too. God I wished Brand was a sort of Lina port, but he turns out to look pretty fun either way.

YE GODS A 2 HOURS QUEUE!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Is it me or is the new champ a Ryze copy?
Even the animations are the same.

Oh, and love that Pimp Jax skin. Looks sweet.

Mystary!

Arcane
God some people and their excruciatingly slow loading times...
Sofar I'm enjoying fiddlesticks the most but his ultimate is kinda hard to use.
EDIT: Just bought Veigar and managed to get my first kill streak.

Mystary!

Arcane
Tried playing on the us server but was way too laggy for me, but the champion rotation is different to than in eu so it's a good way to try some more champs for free.

We get same rotations as US, they just get them a bit earlier.

In other news. I just stumbled upon this text. While I wouldn't agree with everything said there a lot of stuff is spot on. In long term their f2p system gonna bite them in the ass (as much as I hate to admit it because I like free games and it actually is pretty nice that they don't sell in game advantages), they just keep churning out more and more champions and it's not just about begin on tight schedule and failing to come up with interesting content but game just gets harder and harder to balance. Not to mention that it makes it chore to keep up with new content and changes in the game. I wasn't playing for few months and when I get back there is big bunch of new champions I'll have to learn. Bare bones minimum is knowing what their skills do and what their roles are but then it also would be good to know what are their typical builds (remember that different builds can also change role and behaviour of champion, AP Yi is completely different from AD Yi to give example) and their counters. There are new items too, figuring out how to fit them in your old builds can take some time. That already is a lot of homework to do, but that's not all. There were also changes to existing stuff so I can't rely on my accumulated knowledge. I have to learn whole game again. Towers, jungling, heck even minions, changes to all these even if small can make really big impact on how game plays out. It's a fucking chore and to tell the truth I didn't even bother to check out spotlight videos (well they usually were rubbish anyway) or read through patch notes. I wouldn't mind it if game had complex and interesting mechanics but it doesn't. It's just content bloat that doesn't add much to the game. While you may have 12 (number straight outta my ass, it's just here to make the point) mage nukers to choose from and they may do it a bit differently in the end they do the same thing. Then there comes balancing part, because there is so many of them it's hard to do it properly so in reality you have only lets say 4 viable choices. Rest of them? Content bloat. I feel LoL would be better game if they went with buy2play, this way they could focus on polishing mechanics, new maps, tweaks and balances meaning making all champions equally viable while also giving all of them their niche. I bet servers would run better too.

Pablosdog

Prophet
Yo bros add me if your not a rapist. I just started playing.

My name is Michaelwesley

Mystary!

Arcane
Ugh. I'm at over 9000th place in the queue, 44 min to even log in... . People are appearantly still playing!

Padre

Liturgist
Wait, they have a queue now? TO LOG IN? :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

@JohnTheRevelator

Remember they have to pump out champions as fast as they can so people can't farm IP so you end up having to buy RP.

I feel LoL would be better game if they went with buy2play, this way they could focus on polishing mechanics, new maps, tweaks and balances meaning making all champions equally viable while also giving all of them their niche. I bet servers would run better too.

You are ready for hon :smug:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
IP is a bitch to grind IMO, with the pace Im playing they release atleast 3 new champs till I got the IP to buy one. And I agree, its becoming too much to handle and to keep up with all the things being changed and added with every patch. The new Brand guy is lame IMO, a Ryze wannabe with lame ass spells.Totally unnecessary and unneeded champ. Like Ren, Irelia,MF,Lee and a few others. But Galio got a little buff so not all is lost.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Hey bros, kind of jumping into this thread since it's 10 pages and redding is teh hard.

I started playing LoL recently, only level 10 at the moment. I mostly play as Amumu, but if my team already has tanks I usually pick Ashe.

If anyone would be up for playing some games, feel free to respond to this or PM me!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom