Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Anyway. Since things are slow at work atm, I'm going to descend from my Mt. Olympus and dispense sage advice and arcane secrets of LoL.

Heed my teachings and they may well increase your GRUNKERs.

Ever tried to flash over a wall and ended up flashing into it instead because you weren't quite close enough? Of course you have. Everyone does this. Even the pros do it occasionally in tournament games.

Now, those of us who played on ye olde test realm may remember some of our old omg-warp-everywhere games with riot peepz back when they changed the pathing algorithms (way before S1). The following is applicable to most targetted jumps/blinks - so not stuff like riven's broken wings, nidalees pounce and shens shadow dash. But it will work for the flash summoner spell, kassadins riftwalk, ezfails arcane shift etc.

If you try to blink into terrain, the game will deposit you at the nearest available edge, assuming the location you targetted was in range of your blink at the time of targetting. This means that, so long as your flash range covers at least half the thickness of the wall you're trying to flash past, you can flash inside the wall and be deposited on the other side - so long as your cursor is BOTH inside flash range and more than halfway through the wall when you click.

If OTOH you click on the other side of the wall and haven't got the range to make the entire distance (cursor outside of flash range and you smartcast or click outside range), your flash/blink will take you only as far as the closest edge of the wall you're trying to flash past. AKA Failflash.

You can further exploit this knowledge to flash further than the shown range of flash. So long as your max range extends halfway past the wall you're trying to cross - so long as you're targetting somewhere INSIDE the wall terrain - you can flash past it.

So in closing -- blink INSIDE terrain, not past it. It'll extend your max range and reduce the risk of failflashes.

The more you know.

Mystary!

Arcane
She looks kinda weak, I'm watching a stream and in team fights the only thing she can contribute is damage but she can only do that in melee range, but she just gets eaten alive as soon as she enters. I suppose if you build her bruiser she might get a few hits in.

DakaSha

Arcane
she does look like the least interesting champ released in a long time.. but i have thought that about other champs as well and ended up thinking they were loads of fun

Hellraiser

Arcane
The last female champ released was a tranny tryndamere now we have tranny master yi. Who is next tranny gragas? At any rate I'll farm IP more in norms before trying ranked again, 1228 GRUNKERs is too low for my taste.

Any recommendations for 3150 IP champs? Or should I just farm until 6300 again.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Any recommendations for champs? Or should I just farm until 6300 again.
hjylW.jpg

Pick Morgana. Never look back.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Be men - make an EUNE crew and come play against my ranked team. We start playing from 19:00 GMT+1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom