Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Bros.... The Elo system is named after revered inventor Arpad Elo, it is not an acronym. Its like if Grunker invents a ranking system and calls it the Grunker system, you wouldn't spell it GRUNKER system and talk about how many GRUNKERs you have? No you wouldn't. Stop raping the language. It's an crime.

Hellraiser

Arcane
My GRUNKER is rather low at the moment at about 1200 GRUNKERs. Really at that GRUNKER you can expect everybody to fuck up. Even shaco will get counterjungled and he will never ward at all (especially dragon). I mean fuck how does one fail jungling as shaco? Although this is more of a problem caused by solo-queue turning the game into a russian roulette (quite literary since the team with more russians will inevitably lose).

DakaSha

Arcane
I'm at 860+ GRUNKER after having finally made it to 960+ because I get teams like the one just now where everybody fed except for the kog that was 2v1 top (they had no jungler)
Guess who the kog was :smug:

I really really wish i could redo my placement games :-/

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hellraiser

You need to play at least 2-300 games before your GRUNKERs are properly seeded. Until then, your GRUNKER is going to wildly inaccurate and prone to going up and down all willy-nilly.

Teemo player complains about somebody KSing him a few times, declares whole team bad, sits in base for ten minutes. Comes back, explains that he had been 'eating'. We lose, and of course he's the one who says WOW! and talks trash. Amazing.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wish I could go through life that blindly.
Also ever since I started playing Vayne I always win my lane only to have mid and top feed insanely.

FML

sser

Arcane
Developer
There's very little difference in the quality of players between about 1200-1900. If you want to get very high up on Elo you usually have to either be extremely good at the game, which some people are, or be very good and duo queue with someone who is also very good; and then play the 5v5's like it's a fucking co-op game, ignoring the crowd of pricks around you and just dominating things yourself.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Maybe if you learn a champion that can win games by himself. Some of the pros can and did do it with Vayne- but they are much better at the game than us. But if we learned someone who is fairly self-sufficient well, we might be able to win even with feeders.

I am thinking that if we all mastered such champs we might at least learn a lot, even if it doesn't work out. I am thinking of Kennen and Irelia at the moment. Especially Kennen seems like he'd be great: difficult to lane against, a lot of sustain, CC, damage, quick, teamfights and can AD in a pinch. And no mana costs. I'll definitely give him a try once I can afford him. (Too cheap to buy RP.)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Fiora spotlight in a nutshell: 'Here, I make the mistake of getting raped' :troll:

I suspect people will lose many GRUNKERs playing her

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm looking forward to see if she jungles like I predicted she would a couple of days back. I'm not too worried about losing GRUNKERs since I'm gonna be horribly rusty anyway.

But squishy melee without tryndameres ult sounds like it will indeed risk you losing a lot of GRUNKERs.
Still. Her ultimate hits 5 times applying on-hit effects. Wit's end, anyone?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Man, Nautilus is so cool. Starting with Regrowth Pendant and E instead of cloth armor and W as I used too has really made a ton of difference. Late game you're just a disruptive juggernaut who knocks around their whole team. Need to start trying him out top as well. Will probably lose tons of GRUNKERS if I try him in ranked though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
She looks decidedly meh, but I guess looks can be deceiving. It was for Nautilus, as I found out. I'm really enjoying playing him. He seems pretty well designed. A kit like his it would mean trouble to buff any of his values, I think.

Also, Azael: Don't top him. His early ganks are way to strong to lose and he's horrible top.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Oooh. Naut is free this week. Just realized that. Guess I'll give him a spin. I've been meaning to lower my GRUNKER a bit anyway so I can mess around without people raging too hard.

Still gonna pick up Fiora day 1, but only 'cause I still got 12k ip burning a hole in my pocket.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Also, Fiora sounds fun, but risky to play. Should make for a decent jungler, but with no cc and no reliable escape mechanism, I don't see why you should play her instead of someone like Yi instead who has similar problems.

Luckily "Grunker" is too cumbersome to type, so the meme will die.

Anyways, I was excited about Fioras skillset. Then I see the art, and that fucking horrible voice acting... Riot having no taste is nothing new but this is taking it to new levels. Irelia is nerfed (on cost) so I might as well get her instead.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
French accent. Latex catsuit.

Like a classier version of nikasaur.

3f1867d5b68c037ea026bbb0dbf1b8b3.jpg

[edit]
Also, the nice dataminers found some more skins in the patch being deployed on NA:

Battlecast Urgot:
UKxvd.jpg

Battlecast_Urgot.jpg

Bladecraft Orianna:
Bladecraft_Orianna.jpg

xCGDF.jpg

Vandal Graggy:
Vandal_Gragas.jpg

grag.jpg

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Oooh. Naut is free this week. Just realized that. Guess I'll give him a spin. I've been meaning to lower my GRUNKER a bit anyway so I can mess around without people raging too hard.

Still gonna pick up Fiora day 1, but only 'cause I still got 12k ip burning a hole in my pocket.

Nautilus is very fun to play. His attack speed and movement is slow, but once you get used to that he's good. Just make sure to get a good leash on blue and some helps with wolves and the early jungle isn't that hard. Unless you get counterjungled of course. Definitely not the jungler to pick if you like invading the enemies jungle though.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Im so getting that new Gragas skin on the first day.

Ive been messing around with stunbot Leona, works really good if you got a early advantage. Been just building gold/10 items, some tanky shit and triforce to finish.
No damage whatsoever to speak of, but its fun stunlocking people for like 4 seconds. Was thinking of doing a troll build with her with sheen+deathfire grasp but always had to tank.
Won 2 ranked games with her today, tru story.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Good thing that we played normal games, or we would have lost some GRUNKER. Grunker learned the hard way that I should be sent mid. AP carries are by far my weakest point in this game. I guess that either means I should play them more to get better, or stay the hell away from them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom