Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

That E looks fucking sick.
It only lasts for 3 seconds.

Also, I like the champion skillset but the art looks shit and the voice acting should have someone shot

Es middle of the day saturday, and Grunker cowers in fear. Where art thou, and thine flock? Will no one pick up the gauntlet? Just come; we are ready.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am lying with huge hangovers and the all my mates are out on the street for a demo against ACTA. I would be out there too except that these are like the worst hangovers I've ever had in my life. They fucking destroy me.

I plan on at some point stirring from my half-slumber and booting up Fallout New Vegas. I'm definetely not playing LoL any time soon, that would not be a pretty sight.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fiona's kit seems incredibly OP. Infinite sustain? Incredible gap-closing and escapes? REFLECT SPELLS? Panth's Passive on demand?! Inescapable speed? AD steroids?

Oh dear.

Lupus

Liturgist
She doesn't reflect spells, it's shield that protects her against physical damage and deals damage based on HER AP AFAIR.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck that Ahri, man. My Rammus had 359 Mr with W on, 3,5k hp and still got melted in 3 seconds. Jeebus.
Still gotta say that bitch played pretty good, must be from Dharts elo. ;)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Remember how everyone was all like "her AP ratios are terrible, Ahri so UP"?
Yeah, that didn't last long.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fiona's kit seems incredibly OP. Infinite sustain? Incredible gap-closing and escapes? REFLECT SPELLS? Panth's Passive on demand?! Inescapable speed? AD steroids?

Oh dear.

Man. You must be reading a different riot announcement than the one I did.

Infinite sustain? That's going to be hard to say when we don't know the numbers on her passive.
Incredible gapclosing? Again, we don't know the CD on her lunge and the distance it'll carry her.
Reflect spells? Where? All I see is riposte which deals damage when she's hit by a basic attack. Nothing about reflecting spells anywhere.
Panths passive on demand? That's going to depend on the CD of riposte. And pantheon already has his passive on demand. Except riposte may or may not work on towers.
Inescapable speed? That's oing to depend a LOT on the duration of her E and her base speed.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Obviously we can't know how good she is without seeing the numbers. But just like Ahri, Graves and in theory, Viktor, her kit seems amazing to me.

A) Health Regen each time you deal damage for 6 seconds sounds incredible, even if the regen is low. In a 1vs1 duel on top, it even stacks up to 4 times.
B) We don't know the CD- but we do know she can use it TWICE, so even if it's fairly short, she can still close a good bit of distance- or attack and dash back to minimize retaliation, probably triggering her passive in the process.
C) Fiona REFLECTS magic damage back and parries the next basic attack. Okay, I misread this one. I thought it acted as a combined shield/spell shield, but reading it again it's clear that they meant it just deals damage if you block a basic attack with this ability- which still means she can dash in, hit them a bunch of times, not negate one autoattack, dash back to safety and safely recover HP from the passive.

And while you mention cooldowns, you have to remember: she has the double-lunge, AND burst of speed AND an ultimate that sounds a lot like Ahri's. I don't see how she can ever be caught having so many tools to close in / disengage.

Her fatal weakness seems to be CC.

Well, like you said, it's too early to tell until we see the numbers, but just looking at the abilities, I'd assume them to be on a fairly low CD.

• Duelist (passive)
    - Fiora regenerates health over 6 seconds each time she deals damage. Striking champions will cause this effect to stack up to 4 times.
  • Lunge - Fiora dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. Fiora can perform the dash a second time within a couple seconds at no mana cost.
  • Riposte - Fiora's Attack Damage is increased. When activated, Fiora parries the next basic attack and reflects magic damage back to the attacker. Works against champions, monsters, and large minions.
  • Burst of Speed - Fiora temporarily gains additional Attack Speed. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her Movement Speed. Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed.
  • Blade Waltz (ultimate) - Fiora dashes around the battlefield to deal physical damage to enemy champions. Successive strikes against the same target deal less damage.

Lupus

Liturgist
And while you mention cooldowns, you have to remember: she has the double-lunge, AND burst of speed AND an ultimate that sounds a lot like Ahri's. I don't see how she can ever be caught having so many tools to close in / disengage.
I think I read red post somewhere saying her ultimate is similiar to Yi's Alpha Strike. They may changed it though.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Russians. Russians never change.

MM vs M5 match - MM cassio dies in a rather mofo way under M5 turret, taking Lee Derp and Ryze with her

Cassio: lol
Lee derp: STFU RETARD
Cassio: huh?
Lee Derp: STFU MB?
Ryze: Don't write on allchat unmannered retards

hahahaha

game ends:

Lee Derp: BG

USA > Russia:patriot:

Lupus

Liturgist
Stay classy m5. :thumbsup:

I can see why they are pissed though as they play with latency disadvantage. Still, they are dicks and now they have showed it during tournament stream with 20k viewers.

I36I3.jpg

Infinite sustain? That's going to be hard to say when we don't know the numbers on her passive.
Incredible gapclosing? Again, we don't know the CD on her lunge and the distance it'll carry her.
Reflect spells? Where? All I see is riposte which deals damage when she's hit by a basic attack. Nothing about reflecting spells anywhere.
Panths passive on demand? That's going to depend on the CD of riposte. And pantheon already has his passive on demand. Except riposte may or may not work on towers.
Inescapable speed? That's oing to depend a LOT on the duration of her E and her base speed.
I posted the numbers a mere page before :rage:

I just tried AP/tank master Yi and it's insane!

His damage output towards multiple targets it's the same as his damage output vs. one target with the normal build. Of course in a 1v1 this is sub-par, but there's another difference. With some armor and magic resistance and decent AP meditate can gain you life equal to the rate at which you lose it to a carry attacking you! During the laning phase you can easily outlast your opponent and during teamfights you can purposely let them focus you (since Yi is assumed to be squishy at all times) then activate meditate and tank just as well as an actual tank champion!

It's freakishly easy to do to.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I posted the numbers a mere page before :rage:

Speaking as someone who had test realm access before he took a half-year hiatus, numbers are meaningless until the patch goes live. I've seen plenty of champions where the test realm numbers didn't match up with the patch released the next day.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Im getting these lag spikes lately, like once in 5 minutes game would freeze and fuck itself up and wont let me play for 5-10 seconds. Cant really figire out is it my net access or Riot servers. Annoying like hell, lost last game cause of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom