Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
She got a bit nerfed and suddenly she stopped being the AD Carry of choice in SoloQ, but she's still as awesome as ever, not much people could play her though, so if less people play her it's for the better.

DakaSha

Arcane
I bought Vayne.
I haven't lost a game since I started playing her.

Fucking Vayne. I thought she was nerfed? Hitting people with her is like hammering them with the tree trunk gun from Painkiller. And she can't be killed 1vs1 at all. And she can chase everyone down. And she can escape. And she can surprise attack. And she deals true damage. WTF were they thinking?

I recently bought gangplank and i think the same. Only that he has a global ult, heal, free cleanse (kind of), more gold and team buff :smug:
Also got brand and he may be my fav mid now.. i def seem to wreck pretty good with him considering ive played him only 3 times

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pentakill with Shyvana. flev over a wall and everyone just melted.

Ahri: "WTF? NERF SHYVANA!"
Me: "FUS ROH DAH!"

Xi

Arcane
Not to mention, you don't see the same people on top for very long. They make it up there, then fall back down to obscurity and stop playing.
Bullshit. There are players with multiple accounts in top of the ladder (Dyrus on NA - 12 and 32; Peke on EUW - 4, 23 and 44) . Scarra has been a no. 1 on NA server for at least couple weeks if I remember correctly and he was 4th at the end of season 1. Yellowpete, 1st on EUW in season 1, is currently 3rd. You can't seriously suggest that they achieved that by a coincidence.

Of course, the ELO is an approximation, it doesn't strictly reflect your skills in game, especially when a single win/lose moves you around 10 places up/down in the ladder if you're in top 100 or thousand places if you're an average player. But, if f.e. someone has got a couple hundred ranked games and for the most of time oscillated around 1700 - 1900 level, you can safely assume he's a very good player but not on a "pro" level. If someone plays a lot and can't get above certain level, it means he's not good enough to do so.

I'd play stellar games and lose game after game. Win 1 lose 5. Granted, there were some games I didn't play extremely well
Assuming you're on about the ELO you deserve to be to, your chance of winning should be 50%. Most people think that it should mean you generally win one game and lose one, with occasional streaks of 2 - 3 games won/lost. In fact, longer streaks of 6 - 8 are to be expected in such situation. The fact that the game is played in teams of five means that even if you're much better than the other players, your chance of winning will probably raise to no more than 55 - 65%. Even for such chance, it's not uncommon to have a couple straight loses and only after many games you will get to ELO that is more or less reflecting your skills.

Furthermore, even if you're playing solidly for most of the times and only have a bad game every once in a while, you shouldn't expect too much. If you have a bad game every 5 games, then by being paired with people on your level, there should be one feeder in your team per game on average. This leads you to believing that you're getting much more bad players in your team than you deserve to, while in fact, what you get is what you deserve.

Who was on top before them? Exactly. The game involves a LOT of chance. There's a level of skill involved, but sometimes you will lose multiple times because of leavers (for instance). A lot of the ELO system is just being lucky. Period.

2mhhkx.png

:smug:

Then I feed for the next 2 games because of lag

Need more true Aryans and less Potatoes in order to get the KKK 5v5 rolling.

Mystary!

Arcane
Who was on top before them? Exactly. The game involves a LOT of chance. There's a level of skill involved, but sometimes you will lose multiple times because of leavers (for instance). A lot of the ELO system is just being lucky. Period.

Read this interesting article about elo hell.
http://realelohell.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/article-1-real-elo-hell/
"No, there is no such thing as elo hell. Yes, that’s right, here’s another random person claiming that elo hell doesn’t exist. “But he doesn’t understand…I always get matched with the worst players in solo queue.” No, you don’t always get matched with the worst players every single game. Yes, everyone gets matched with bad players, afkers, and leavers (and often). That’s just how the matchmaking system works. We’ve all had games in solo queue where it just seems impossible to win; your team has the leaver, the afker, the feeder, or a combination of all three. But if you think about it, if the same people (not going to name any names here) are stuck at a certain (low) elo, and if the same people are always moving up to high elo (on new accounts or smurfs), there must be something that one group is doing wrong, and the other is doing right. If you’ve ever watched any high elo streams, maybe you’ve noticed some of the top ranked solo queue players playing on smurfs or other accounts. Does it seem like they have a problem raising their elo, despite playing on accounts that are in “elo hell”?"

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Elo Hell has different definitions for many players. Some say you'll never escape, but I think that's bullshit. Others say it takes too many games to reach an accurate elo, that may be true but I haven't played enough to say. Some say that if you lost most of your 'placement' matches (the ones where you gain elo by like 47), climbing back up with a 60% win ratio is slow as hell and takes forever, and I tend to agree with this one.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
email said:
Last week we became aware of an issue where Ranked Team games did not provide rewards to some of the games you played on our EU Nordic & East server. We understand that the depth of Ranked Team play is influenced by not just the effort put into the game, but what you gain from it. We have credited your account 375 IP, which is 125 IP for each game that we identified as affected to correct the issue.

We also wanted to sweeten the deal by crediting your account 400 RP and a 4-win IP boost. The points should already be on your account, but please note that the points may not appear until you attempt to make a champion purchase in the store. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this issue, feel free to contact us a https://support.leagueoflegends.com.

Thank you for playing and supporting our game and good luck on the Fields of Justice!

:yeah:

DakaSha

Arcane
wtf. Thats pretty cool of them.
Of course its just few enough RP to be worthless but nontheless :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
[screenshot]
:smug:

Then I feed for the next 2 games because of lag
What phoenix neglects to mention is that he got half an hour of freefarm top while drunken mana regen/utility shyvana shat all over the enemy jungle.

Also, jesus christ we had some bad puggers. The real irony is that the only game we lost was the one where we had a good pugger.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Unlike biowhore for example riot has decent PR and if they fuck up they make up for it. Hell I bought Karthus like a week before his price drop from 6300 IP to 3150 IP was announced. They gave me 3150 IP back without me even asking for it.

DakaSha

Arcane

Unlike biowhore for example riot has decent PR and if they fuck up they make up for it. Hell I bought Karthus like a week before his price drop from 6300 IP to 3150 IP was announced. They gave me 3150 IP back without me even asking for it.

Not denying. Riot is a decently cool company for being so popular. And this despite having to put up with their god awful community (which they really cant help).

And i have received IP back as well for the same reasons

I CALLED IT BITCHES!!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1857434

It’s been quite a while since we’ve had the opportunity to explore the design space of a true melee carry in League of Legends. Fiora, the Grand Duelist, is our first all-out take on this type of champion since our initial launch, and our new addition to this role has let us really focus on a particular aspect: speed.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I called it way before you. BITCH!

Also, how can anyone at Riot think Fiora will actually see any play? She's almost exactly the same as Master Yi and will suffer from the exact same flaws.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I CALLED IT BITCHES!!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1857434

It’s been quite a while since we’ve had the opportunity to explore the design space of a true melee carry in League of Legends. Fiora, the Grand Duelist, is our first all-out take on this type of champion since our initial launch, and our new addition to this role has let us really focus on a particular aspect: speed.

Oh, melee carry.

[looks at champion]

Ok, I'm gonna build her wriggle->phage->atmogs/fatmogs and jungle.

Slow will help in chasing when burst of speed is on cd, she hasn't got a projectile popper like alpha strike and passive+ripose seem like they're begging to be jungled with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom