Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Reember that naughty needs to be built around Triforce. Ask Unded Phoenix for details :thumbsup:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No way I'm building triforce on Naughty.

Philo into Heart into Merc's into Glacial Shroud/Aegis into Abyssal.

Small variations depending on enemy team.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Oh. Shit. IDK if you Euro guys will realize how fucking big of a deal this is, but trust me, for us Kwans, it is.

Rain Man kicked off of TSM, and DYRUS is replacing him. This is bigger than doublelift replacing elementz, because CDE proved that Dyrus is pretty much the best solo top in NA (except maybe hotshot on nidalee specifically, which is a special instance)

The world's only hope versus the Russian onslaught is now TSM.

Oh. Shit. IDK if you Euro guys will realize how fucking big of a deal this is, but trust me, for us Kwans, it is.

Rain Man kicked off of TSM, and DYRUS is replacing him. This is bigger than doublelift replacing elementz, because CDE proved that Dyrus is pretty much the best solo top in NA (except maybe hotshot on nidalee specifically, which is a special instance)

Kwans gonna Kwan :patriot:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Reached the 1500 elo mark. KARTHUS AND TARIC, DESTROYING "ELO HELL" ONE MATCH AT A TIME.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tried tiamat Shyvana yesterday. It... kinda worked?

Waves just melted naturally, but there weren't really any big teamfights where people were clustered together enough for tiamat to do its thing. I did manage to try it on a tristana in the middle of her own creep wave under a tower though. I oneshotted her from full health with a single Q

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

So, they kick off the only player who did well? GREAT MOVE TSM

Honestly, I can see why they did it, since Rain Man has gotten so much flak lately, but considering that he did OK at IEM and that the problem seems to be with the team (and Reginald...) it's a stupid move in my opinion. Especially since Dyrus, though insanely good, is... erratic.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Grunker, humanity needs all of the morale it can get during these dark times of Russian oppression. Dyrus may not be the hero we need right now, but he's the hero we deserve.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Question is, will Dyrus take it like a bitch when Reginald starts talking shit and blaming him for everything?

Grunker, humanity needs all of the BAYLIFE it can get during these dark times of Russian oppression. Dyrus may not be the DUDE we need right now, but he's the BRO we deserve.

fixed. :M

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
He's been living in the TSM House all this time so I guess he already know what does he have to deal with, besides he has no emotions and he and Chaôx are pretty BRO (afaik), so I guess he will intercede for him

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Grunker, humanity needs all of the morale it can get during these dark times of Russian oppression. Dyrus may not be the hero we need right now, but he's the hero we deserve.

Fuck you. M5 turned this game from a boring farmfest into a meta where anything is possible, and hyper-aggression is a valid strat.

I'm a russian until that changes (or they play Fnatic).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just lost 6 ranked games in a row. In two of them I was too tired, should have stopped playing. I played like shit. The others were like being at 1200 again. Soraka top and blitz mid in one game. Twitch jungle in another. AD Carry Fiora with Mundo support. One bot was 0/6 at the 12-minute mark.

Good times :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I played a couple of ranked games yesterday. First on my tryhard account on US. Games were a mess. Roaming twitches who didn't really gank, solotop ignite/ghost ashe, even a couple of games where we had no jungler. I then switched to my EUW acct (whose elo is ~350 lower since I don't really play ranked much on it anymore) and were pleasantly surprised with 3 games where everyone worked well together, and both my team our opponents were coordinated, warding and generally made very few stupid mistakes.

So is ELO unreliable or are american solo queue ranked players just dumber than european?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm guessing you're at about 500 US elo, right? Yeah, that's pretty common for 500 elo.

(Meaning in about 300 ranked games I've never had a solo top ashe or a roaming twitch or no jungler unless someone DC'd...)

Or are you doing your placement matches still?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
He was mentioning that she has "6 spells" but says that she does not have a form toggle like nidalee or mantra like Karma. I'm guessing what that means is some of the spells will function differently if cast on enemies or allies, of course this is all speculation.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
He was mentioning that she has "6 spells" but says that she does not have a form toggle like nidalee or mantra like Karma. I'm guessing what that means is some of the spells will function differently if cast on enemies or allies, of course this is all speculation.

Or like Lee Sins Q, where using a basic ability lets you trigger a follow-up effect.

I'm guessing you're at about 500 US elo, right? Yeah, that's pretty common for 500 elo.

(Meaning in about 300 ranked games I've never had a solo top ashe or a roaming twitch or no jungler unless someone DC'd...)

Or are you doing your placement matches still?

Current US GRUNKER is 1658 solo / 1483 premade. got ~100 solo games and ~50 premade
About half my solo ranked matches were dual-queue with one of the people from my premade team. My US acct is hampered a bit by lack of champions/runes unlocked (and lag!), so I can only really play a few champs competitively. That's the main reason I duo so much with a teammate with a different GRUNKER than mine -- so increase the odds one of us is first pick and able to grab a champ I can actually play. :p

My EUW ranked solo is ~1300 atm, but like it's been stated previously, I like doing troll builds in those games. (Tiamat Shyvana wrecked face yesterday). My max GRUNKER on EUW has been 1515 in s1 and I have no ranked premade team on EUW.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. That's what my team told me when I built the first tiamat on Shyv in ranked.

When I built the second, they told everyone to report me for being a retarded troll.

When the entire enemy team stacked up to ambush us at our blue, our ward spotted it. I pressed R, flew in as dragon, pressed Q and hit their entire team with my tiamat-bite. Their Trist and Veigar died instantly. Their taric and nocturne were at about half hp. Their riven stunned me and ran for her dear life.

I /all'ed "FUS RO DAH!"

Noone reported me after the game :P

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Oh, so you abuse the duo queue system. Everything is coming into perspective now.

Honestly, as much as I defend the solo queue system, I am fully aware that it's really flawed, and honestly, Duo-Queing is the biggest issue with the easiest fix (remove it)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How exactly is it abuse? Yes, it increases the chance of you getting an early pick. But at the same time you lose the normal amount of GRUNKER for a loss, gain less GRUNKER for a win and your effective GRUNKER is marked up slightly when determining your opposition. It's generally harder to raise GRUNKER through duo-queue (unless your partner is a smurf or you have really good chemistry) than solo, since your win% needs to be higher. (A 50% win ratio will keep your GRUNKER neutral solo but lower it duo).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You got lucky Ulm. The fact is, taking chances and playing "for fun" has no place in ranked. It fucks over your team-mates more often than not. You wanna test some lulzy build that you think might work? Fine, do it in normals. It works for 30 straight games? There might be something to it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Maybe in this instance it wasn't actually abuse - wrong choice of words

When "half" of your games played are with another person, that throws the whole idea of you being the sole constant over the course of your games out the window, which is why people that duo queue a lot fuck up the system completely and their ratings aren't particularly indicative of their ability.

And yeah, maybe I take solo queue too seriously, but it's the only thing I can go off of right now to see how I'm improving. And yes, imad at Riot for waiting so fucking long to address the situation at all (only recently has that Lyte guy made this thread in the forums about improving matchmaking, and god only knows how long until any of that goes into affect)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom