Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
For a given value of infinite. The referral has to reach level 5/10 before you get IP. If you're levelling the smurfs yourself, your main account would get more IP if you just played the # of games it took to level the smurf on that.
In the old referral system, you used to get IP boost giving you around 600 IP for levelling a smurf to five, which was taking around 2 hours. Definitely worth the time, although not nearly as fun as playing against at least half-competent opponents on your 30 level main. No wonder they changed the rewards.

Juul

Learned
Okay, I probably worded that too one sided. Ofcourse Kennen does not auto-win, but in a match of equal skill I'd give it to Kennen any day. He shouldn't go low energy when he's not all-inning or running away anyway. If he manages his marks correctly, Riven will be stunned whenever she attempts to jump at him.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Eh. I got like 4-5 alerts when I checked the Codex informing me that Hiver was butthurt. That's up to him really, but it's a shame he feels a need to contaminate a bunch of legitimate discussions (well, as legitimate as anything gets on the codex) with his little off-topic vendetta. Hiver's gonna hive.

Okay, I probably worded that too one sided. Ofcourse Kennen does not auto-win, but in a match of equal skill I'd give it to Kennen any day. He shouldn't go low energy when he's not all-inning or running away anyway. If he manages his marks correctly, Riven will be stunned whenever she attempts to jump at him.

Kennen is by no means the easiest lane, but he can't really harrass Riven effectively since she has enough dodges to sidestep his Q. Unless he's willing to sacrifice his E or R, he's not going to get a stun off and he can't really stop her from CSing. Also, since Kennen is regarded as a counterpick and I mostly play Riven, he's ironically one of the lanes I have the most practice playing against. I don't win every kennen lane, but even if I don't kill him I can usually avoid dying and still beat him in CS. The only lanes Riven really loses hard are the ones that receive a lot of babysitting without her own jungler stopping by to even the odds since that delays her snowball too long for her to be fully effective midgame.

Juul

Learned
Understand that I do no doubt you as a competent Riven player, that could possibly prove a match to most Kennens your level, but I get the feeling you rarely if ever played Kennen yourself. Toplane Kennen rarely skills his Q (can only think of doing it against Garen at the top of my head) or even tries to harass with it. It's usually used for lasthitting or proc'ing stun. The amount of autoattacks and W's he should get in before you're level 3-4 should waste your pots (and thereby your sustain), or outright send you home early if you decide to start dorans.
Kennen is really good at controlling creep waves while harassing - which Riven is quite miserable at, as she rapes minions with her Q and W, meaning she'll probably be pushed up a lot if she tries to harass early.

Also, who is Hiver and what was that o_O

EDIT: I also want to make clear that I agree with Riven being a lane with almost no direct counterpicks. Can only think of Olaf and Kennen. She does, as you sort of mentioned, rely on snowballing a lot, so I think just slightly losing in lane hurts her a lot more than most other top laners.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Ulminati, how do you deal with Kayle as Riven? She's probably the most difficult lane I've faced so far as Riven, definitely harded than Kennen.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ulminati, how do you deal with Kayle as Riven? She's probably the most difficult lane I've faced so far as Riven, definitely harded than Kennen.

Fortunately she's not too popular in europe yet. I've played her a few times myself and found she is pretty decently suited to Fucking riven up. Possibly even one of the strongest counterpicks to Riven. Early jungle ganks to recure a lead is your best bet, since a competent Kayle can keep Riven off the creeps. I'd consider maxing Valor before Ki Burst vs a good kayle.

Understand that I do no doubt you as a competent Riven player, that could possibly prove a match to most Kennens your level, but I get the feeling you rarely if ever played Kennen yourself. Toplane Kennen rarely skills his Q (can only think of doing it against Garen at the top of my head) or even tries to harass with it. It's usually used for lasthitting or proc'ing stun. The amount of autoattacks and W's he should get in before you're level 3-4 should waste your pots (and thereby your sustain), or outright send you home early if you decide to start dorans.

I've only played kennen a handful of times. Mostly as a mid pick.
I think what I perhaps didn't convey well enough in my previous post is that you WANT Kennen to harrass you.
Use valor to approach the creeps, get in 1-2 lasthits then back out again. It's ok to lose a little CS during lv 1-3. whenever Kennen harrasses you, his lane pushes because your minions are attacking him instead of his minions. With the shield from Valor, you can take 2 autoattack or a Q + an autoattack without suffering any HP damage. HP damage suffered from a W follow-up will regenerate naturally over time with your HP regen mastery in the defensive tree going 21/9/0 or 23/7/0. If you can force the creep wave to your tower, he has to make himself vulnerable to jungle ganks if he wants to farm or harass. Riven excels at farming under tower, so this should not hurt your own farm.

Kennen is not an easy lane. But if you are of equal skill, Riven CAN win it assuming she plays smart. Even if she doesn't win it, she can reliably force a draw.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
whenever Kennen harrasses you, his lane pushes because your minions are attacking him instead of his minions.

Kennen has long enough range that if you go for minions, he can harass without having to deal with this.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
This is often not the case in my experience. He'll usually be close enough to lasthit your minions when you go in to kill some of his.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Spectating Team Codexia + Mjuul.

Trinity Force Sivir without PD after 45 minutes.

FOR SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

EDIT: And Trinity Force Talon with mobility boots.

FOR SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

EDIT2: Starting baron 4v5 OP. Team Codexia loses with a 15.000 gold advantage :lol:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Yeah, the sheen part of the trinity force is pretty decent on talon. Movespeed is always nice too. Definitely a waste of gold overall though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nothing if you're ganking a whole whole bunch. At that stage of the game I would have exchanged them for a pair of Mercury's I think. Especially given the amount of CC you faced.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Absolutely. Wasn't even in my lane, the little cunt simply comes along, nukes my support and me under tower (Support to death, me to 10%) and hops on out. With the other bot lane nowhere in sight. With us retreating because we saw him. With jungle dying to him five seconds after. Going to need a lot of salve after that happening for twenty minutes straight. 0/3, all to him.

Granted, I should blame the two that fed him more than Fizz as a character himself, but I don't even see Kassadin doing that shit!

Sordid Jester

Educated
Dead or dying to Mundo. Or pushed out of lane.. or trading with Top so he could keep laning against Fizz for whatever reason. Jungle fucked up the most for sure, but he really didn't help himself, or us, in anyway.

Not much can quite beat the game where Alistar would headbutt their Udyr out of the fight, and then chase him down. With out top lane, mid lane and sometimes our jungle. Yeah, it's okay, guys, I can take out all four of the rest on my own, what else is Miss Fortune for?

I don't really believe in ELO Hell but goddamn, three impossible-to-work-with teams tonight sure makes it tempting to start.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They are going to remove F2P Heroes of the week from ranked games:

http://leagueofreplays.com/redtracker/redpost.php?postid=24159290&lang=US#24159290

Maybe this will help improve the ranked experience, if people don't pick champions they're unexperienced with, but it fucks me up immensely, I've never had problems learning to play champions on the go (most of my better games are the first with a certain champion) and there are some convenient champions I use whenever I can but I haven't bought (Caitlyn, hurr durr)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom