Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Chain of Corruption seems to have a very short range on its spread, and it's quite slow to boot. You'll be able to avoid it if you have basic boots and a brain.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That depends on whether you can interrupt it after the tendrils start crawling towards you, or whether you need to be out of range by the time your teammate gets rooted. For most bounce spells in LoL (crow storm for instance) the next target for the crow is decided immediately before it hits a champion and damage/silence is applied (which is why the crows could bounce after players even if they flashed). If everyone in range of champion X are fucked the moment the spell is cast (even if on a delay) then it's going to be near-impossible to get out of range without leaving the teamfight altogether.

Juul

Learned
I'm pretty sure he mentioned it. Might be wrong though. Also, Ashe has best kiting in game, AoE slow/supah poke along with global ult. Saying he's a better Ashe is flat out wrong.

I think he'll be OK late game. His steroid requires that the teamfight already snowballs, his AoE slow is REALLY good, but that about it. Having to use abilities to pop W will make him lack AA damage.

Can't really tell before seeing him enough in game though.

No, man. The tendril that gets tossed out from the first target hit will slowly crawl towards you and die if you walk about this far away from it --------------------------------- (estimate from what I've seen in the champ spotlight & jewtube). However the ulti CAN slowly crawl towards multiple targets if the champ hit is in the middle of a lot of other champs (as shown in the spotlight).

So, yeah, it doesn't follow the same rules as, say, Brand's ulti.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm pretty sure he mentioned it. Might be wrong though. Also, Ashe has best kiting in game, AoE slow/supah poke along with global ult. Saying he's a better Ashe is flat out wrong.

I guess neither of us should make statements like that for or against Varus until he's released and peope are actually playing him.

I think he'll be OK late game. His steroid requires that the teamfight already snowballs, his AoE slow is REALLY good, but that about it. Having to use abilities to pop W will make him lack AA damage
With smartcast you can use Q as a single-click nuke that shouldn't make him miss autoattacks if you time it between attacks. Also, according to phreak on the baron kill in the video, rain of arrows continuously triggers marks on targets.

Can't really tell before seeing him enough in game though.

This. But I expect he'll be banned a lot.

SVs description of R does make it sound slightly less broken. Unless you have a Karthus, Morgana, Nunu, Galio, Amumu, Gangplank, Anivia or anoyone else who is able to slow/root most of the enemy team for a decent amount of time. then it's right back to being trivial to root/slow everyone.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
He is released, people are playing him, and I severely doubt he has better kiting skill than a champion who kites like a motherfucker with three out of four abilities.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So far so good...
2nioajt.png

Juul

Learned
I'd like to clarify that I'm not saying I think him shitty, just not as OP as most seem to think.

Varus is quite possibly another example of a champ which is so disgustingly balanced that people brand him shitty/OP simply when compared to some other carries which were just plain OP on release.

My complaint? These new breeds of champs are making the older ones obsolete. They really ought to spend more time reworking champs which are simply inefficient by today's standard. :M

(Editor's note: SV might've been on medication when he wrote this. Varus is, in fact, slightly OP... but only because of the range on his Q.)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I give it 4 days until SV is found running around the streets of Göteborg with a foam bow wearing nothing but a scarf and tight latex pants while yelling something incoherent about being the arrow of retribution.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
NORMAL ELO HELL IS A VERY REAL THING OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was an interesting match to spectate, apparently you cannot counter Varus by going Kat and standing still/moving at him in a straight line.

Juul

Learned
My very limited in game experience playing with and against Varus so far is decidedly meh. He's a capable laner a good poker, but suffers from the no escape part a lot.

Far as I see varus is the MF gear rearranged to different letters, except with a useful ult and worse base stats. Also very gay.

I just played my first solo queue ranked game ever and ended up carrying the team with jungling Shyvana. :M
Fuck, the other team even had Shaco (which our dumb leader forgot to ban... before first-picking Tryndamere). Our Viktor was good though...

I might be a decent jungler after all...

There's something about Pantheon that makes me smile. My team might be feeding, raging, doing no damage and in all the wrong places at all the wrong times - but mandropping on top of the enemy carry and one shotting them to become legendary makes all of solo queue worthwhile. :smug:

Relevant to Ulminait's and Phage's interests - went up against a Riven as Olaf. 15 minutes in, I'm four levels above her, has quadruple her creep score, and my team manages to collapse into rage and Stereotypical Villain-worthy amounts of whine to lose. 'sup GRUNKER hell.

DakaSha

Arcane
GRUNKER hell isnt about your team sucking. GRUNKER hell is about having a troll or leaver every fucking match (whether on your team or theirs)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Me and Qunsk had some interesting solo queue games today on 1500ELO.

Support Ali whose only words the entire game were "blue or I afk" and "blue plz". We didn't understand this until we stole their blue, and he came all the way from botlane to get it. When I took it (I played Galio) he instantly quit. He reconnected and went straight for our own blue, which Qunsk had to take. This continued throughout the entire game (he stole my blue once or twice).

We also had an insta-locking Annie who didn't ban Kass. When they inevitably picked him, her only words were "Kass isnt problem I burst him."

After she went 0/3 and Kassa raped bot lane constantly, the inevitable "OMG NOOB JUNGLER" fell upon poor 2/0/4 Qunsk playing Mundo.

Oh solo queue. My sanity would be intact were it not for you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom