Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

DakaSha

Arcane
I played my first ranked solo q in ages yesterday and quickly realized why i had stayed away.
Not that i was doing to hot myself but I don't think i could have carried as sona anyways :smug:

GRUNKER hell isnt about your team sucking. GRUNKER hell is about having a troll or leaver every fucking match (whether on your team or theirs)
So I heard that Executioner's Calling is a good first item on Graves, and that pushing to the first bottom tower but not taking it when the enemy team is taking our inhibitor is how to win games. :M

Personally I'l roll in being braindead and constantly bitching in with being a troll. There's a certain amount that's fine, but then there's the level beyond that.

DakaSha

Arcane
GRUNKER hell isnt about your team sucking. GRUNKER hell is about having a troll or leaver every fucking match (whether on your team or theirs)
So I heard that Executioner's Calling is a good first item on Graves, and that pushing to the first bottom tower but not taking it when the enemy team is taking our inhibitor is how to win games. :M

Personally I'l roll in being braindead and constantly bitching in with being a troll. There's a certain amount that's fine, but then there's the level beyond that.

I'm not saying that total retardation doesn't suck. But it's not on the same level as being in a 4v5, with an (intentional) feeder or somebody who picks eve with revive and says "lol get ready for best troll action yet lololol"

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We need to duo some more at some point phoenix. We seem to get some pretty good ganks going when I'm playing Baby's First jungler™

Juul

Learned
Me and Qunsk had some interesting solo queue games today on 1500ELO.

Support Ali whose only words the entire game were "blue or I afk" and "blue plz". We didn't understand this until we stole their blue, and he came all the way from botlane to get it. When I took it (I played Galio) he instantly quit. He reconnected and went straight for our own blue, which Qunsk had to take. This continued throughout the entire game (he stole my blue once or twice).

We also had an insta-locking Annie who didn't ban Kass. When they inevitably picked him, her only words were "Kass isnt problem I burst him."

After she went 0/3 and Kassa raped bot lane constantly, the inevitable "OMG NOOB JUNGLER" fell upon poor 2/0/4 Qunsk playing Mundo.

Oh solo queue. My sanity would be intact were it not for you.
I'm fairly certain you're mixing games here.

First off: Fuck you, Phoenix. :p

Now then... I was just in a game with yet another Varus who went for Madred's Bloodrazor as his first item and ended up eating it big time in lane against me. What is the god damned point of going for the Bloodrazor anyway? Where's the appeal? It seems to bloody useless when you could have an inifinity edge or something equally useful. Anything but a fucking bloodrazor!

The moral of the story? The Bloodrazor is not a good item for Varus.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No bros online today. :(
But on the other hand i had a good 5 game win streak,+60 GRUNKERs well earned, even won a game with Xin, that I thought was impossible these days. Was 0-7 in ranked with him.
New champ seems like Ashe but suckier. Instapick in a few games, but didnt see him carry today. Me(Blitz) and Ashe laned vs Varus/Janna one game, Varus was 1/13 at the end of the game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, kinda underwhelmed with varus now that I tried him out. The movement speed on him is slooooooooooooooooooooooow. Coupled with his hideous mana costs and lack of escape/dashes he really struggles when trying to harass someone without getting his face torn off.

I suppose the guy who built madreds tried to have fun with his W. Same as you sometimes see people do with Kog'maw, Vayne and Teemo. Varus is a new champ, so people experimenting with different builds in normal to see what works and what doesn't is only to be expected.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
First off: Fuck you, Phoenix. :p

Now then... I was just in a game with yet another Varus who went for Madred's Bloodrazor as his first item and ended up eating it big time in lane against me. What is the god damned point of going for the Bloodrazor anyway? Where's the appeal? It seems to bloody useless when you could have an inifinity edge or something equally useful. Anything but a fucking bloodrazor!

The moral of the story? The Bloodrazor is not a good item for Varus.
But... but his W gives him magic damage! It clearly means you should get even more magic damage on hit, going for Bloodrazor, Witt's End, Malady, Rabadon, Void Staff/Abyssal and Sorc Shoes.

Funny fact, Mr. Cojones... Some tit was bragging over on the wiki about building just that on Varus and carrying a normal game, thus proving that it is "TOTALLY VIABLE".

Needless to say the first replay was: "Play fifty more games like that and then come back and say that it's viable."

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What people don't realize is that the optimal varus build is 5x warmog's armor + atmas impaler.

LOOK! 8364 HP, 333 AD!

Damage so stronk, never die!

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Hypothetical, probably not viable, slightly more srs AP Varus

Key features:
- 158 bonus damage from blight, + 30% max health when stacks detonate
- MR shred and additional bonus attack speed on guinsoo
- 530 bonus damage on lich bane.

The hypothetical 1-2 combo would be 3 autoattacks plus trigger blight with Q plus 1 more autoattack to proc lich bane.

4 x autoattacks: 552 physical damage
Piercing arrow: 436 physical damage
4 x Blighted quiver: 532 magic damage
3 x blight stack activated: 30.9% max health magic damage
4 x Malady: 80 magic damage, -24 MR
Lich Bane: 530 physical damage

Total:
1518 physical damage
612 magic dage
30.9% target's max health magic damage
-24 MR

Adjusted down for armor/MR

Juul

Learned
or you could just like. build stardard end-game AD and crit for 1000 2 times, in under 2 seconds.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah, but I wanted to see how AP varus numbers looked. Mostly since his W reminded me kind of Kog'maw who can be played AP een if it's a niche role.

I'm thinking if Q scaled with both AP and AD and W's scaling on activation was slightly better it might actually work

Juul

Learned
I think the deal with most people thinking Varus is godly, is comparing his W to Kog'maws and seeing 15% potential. The issue, as I see it, is that he is so ability reliant that it costs him AA's, while Kog'maw has his % dmg as a godly steroid ability.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Woot, won 5/5 ranked and 3/3 normals today. I need to stop playing when I'm angry or moody, it really helps. Thanks for whoever posted that bit of common sense.

Love Karthus, too. Now I just need to save up for Riven...

Every time I save up for a champ I end up spending the money on runepages and runes instead. It's fine now though - I finally caught on to the fact I can give myself infinite IP boosts by referring accounts.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Me and root were playing normal duoQ, and I foolishly decided to pretend I was a russian. русски? да )) хахахахаха )))), and on that basis alone we got an instalock troll Eve and random pick first time Jarvan. The spirit of Vaarna and Liberal are strong on these servers, comrades!

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
glitchy piece of shit. with each patch game seems more and more unstable.
Even started getting chrashes while loading, and now chat doesnt work since last game. Not to mention usual lag spikes and dc's.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Woot, won 5/5 ranked and 3/3 normals today. I need to stop playing when I'm angry or moody, it really helps. Thanks for whoever posted that bit of common sense.
ALLMS.png

Love Karthus, too. Now I just need to save up for Riven...

Once you learn her, Riven wins every lane. I'm not kidding. I've fucked up 1900-GRUNKER Yoricks, 1650-GRUNKER Rumbles, 1700-GRUNKER Udyrs, 1700-GRUNKER Olafs and 1500-GRUNKER Kennens without breaking a sweat with her. The only lane Riven doesn't win is one that gets camped by enemy jungle and mid simultaneously while her own team neither comes up to help nor pushes the rest of the map while Riven stalemates a 3v1.
wHbLl.png

Every time I save up for a champ I end up spending the money on runepages and runes instead. It's fine now though - I finally caught on to the fact I can give myself infinite IP boosts by referring accounts.

For a given value of infinite. The referral has to reach level 5/10 before you get IP. If you're levelling the smurfs yourself, your main account would get more IP if you just played the # of games it took to level the smurf on that.

Juul

Learned
Once you learn her, Riven wins every lane. I'm not kidding. I've fucked up 1900-GRUNKER Yoricks, 1650-GRUNKER Rumbles, 1700-GRUNKER Udyrs, 1700-GRUNKER Olafs and 1500-GRUNKER Kennens without breaking a sweat with her. The only lane Riven doesn't win is one that gets camped by enemy jungle and mid simultaneously while her own team neither comes up to help nor pushes the rest of the map while Riven stalemates a 3v1.
I'm wondering wether it is incidental or not, that the Kennens are the lowest elo of them all. 'Cause I've got no clue how they lose that.
Also, Olaf.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm wondering wether it is incidental or not, that the Kennens are the lowest elo of them all. 'Cause I've got no clue how they lose that.
Also, Olaf.
While certainly trickier than, say, vlad, irelia, warwick or gangplank, kennen is quite managable.

Start Doran's blade. Level EQWWWR.
Play passive from level 1-3. Use shield to go in to last hit creeps. Try to bait him into harrassing you when you do so. (Most kennens will at least try to toss a shuriken at you). Your creeps will attack kennen while his creeps attack your creeps, pushing the lane ever so slowly towards your turret. Because of her passive, Riven excels at turret farming. With a little practice you should be able to farm under turret from level 2 onwards without missing any CS. Farm as close to turret as possible at all times and he'll have to be defensive lest your jungle shows up. Starting at level 3, you can counter-harrass when he makes a mistake.

Learn the energy cost and cooldown of his cocaine ball. If he's at less than 50 energy, he can't cocaine ball away and you will outdamage him in a trade. The cooldown is also fairly long. If you can bait his cocaine ball with Valor, your gapcloser will be up again before his and you will be able either to harrass him or force him out of farm range. Try to get him to 70% health or less by level 6. As soon as he falls to ~40% energy, he won't be able to cocaine ball or ultimate. Hit R, flash to him, Stun +ignite, do your Q/aa combo, using valor to gapclose i he flashes and finish off with wind slash. I have about a 75% kill ratio on kennen with that combo. At the very least you will force him to burn summoners and leave lane.

If you have a halfway decent jungler, try to set up a gank around level 3. Most kennens will go QWQE, especially if you're playing passive, so he won't have cocaine ball. If you can get kennen to burn his flash then, he will be defenseless once you go for him at level 6.

In a straight 1v1 fight, Riven will outdamage Kennen. If you can get even slightly ahead, the lane is winnable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom