Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, Konjad, how is DA2 - Legacy?

Hegel

Arcane
Another quality DLC it seems. :lol:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry, but Bioware always does quality stuff :salute: I'll explain in my review in which I rate DA2 9+/10.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Anyone actually played through this thing enough to give us some opinions? I mean, it might be shit but at least it's biowarian shit with an rpg label. That used to be enough to fuel months of rage and discussion here.

well iam 2011 newfag so you know....

i like it. i would say its at least as good as lotsb from me2, so quality product for those who can stand bioware games. its about 3-4 hours with entire new locations and story around grey wardens, first darskspawns, magisters, golden city and so long. all companions are voiced not like zombie companions from mass effect dlcs, there is a lot of new banters and you can recruit all of your companions (yes including your sibling) and start the game at any time in all 3 acts as well with post campaign save. couple new enemies, honestly i liked them especialy genlocks alphas with those retarded huge shields and final boss. there are no more parachuters enemies, as there are no more waves of mobes :incline:
nice puzzles, a lot of traps to disarm(some really nasty), and easter egg( something like kangaxx from bg2). there is a bit of backtracking but only if you want to do all side quests and gather some hidden loot. in the end there is a choice , you can even double cross your allies, but still its typical bioware c&c so you still fight in the end, just different fuckers. oh and you got some oversized weapons, they look retarded and not really usefull, but who cares 7feet long claymore is AWESOME!!!!

so from all dragon age dlc i liked only golems of angamark, but this one is definitely above all of them. still new shit but it seems that in the end they listened to community made some incline with this release.

tlrd:
if u are about to puke seeing hawke, dont even bother. for the others its the best shit u can expect from bioware, worth torrenting :thumbsup:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Opinions.

1. Well, it starts out really well by interacting with a statue that pops up in your house. Do you want to play Legacy? Yes/No. There's no seamless integration with the vanilla game like Exiled Prince or Black Emporium did (on the other hand they were more like patches). The reason why Gamlen has this huge unused storage space in his small run-down shack is because it's dedicated to DLC triggers and DLC loot boxes. See how much more space he has, pretty sure you can see how many more DLCs they're gonna pimp out. Same thing with your mansion I wager. It's shit so far and we haven't gotten to the real deal yet. Bodes well? Bodes my ass drenched in gravy!

2. A small new variety of darkspawn and monsters are added but only to the new areas.

3. The new areas are not used in the main game.

4. The quest takes about 3 hours to go through. Compared to Old World Blues or any of the other New Vegas DLCs I think that's a ripoff when they cost just as much.

5a. The plot is about the Hawke family and its legacy. There's a lot of Golden/Black City lore thrown in our faces and the main antagonist is directly linked to this catastrophe. It's not bad but it's not exactly mindblowing either.

5b. Considering that we knew absolutely nothing about the Hawkes in DA2 and learned absolutely nothing about the Hawkes in DA2, it seems stupid that Legacy is the game where we learn about the Hawke family. It's a standalone restoration project. Completely optional if you're not particularly interested in Hawke or the lore regarding the sins of magic.

Rated ow my head!

racofer

Thread Incliner
Anything interesting about the Hawke family? Or are they just chosen ones or some other sort of predictable cliché?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
racofer said:
Anything interesting about the Hawke family? Or are they just chosen ones or some other sort of predictable cliché?
It's a big meh and I've forgotten most of it already. Turns out Hawke's dad is the guy that imprisoned the bad guy using blood magic. Now the bad guy is escaping so Hawke has to go and finish the fight. At the end it's implied that the bad guy survived and jumped into the body of a warden, like Justice and Anders so I suppose we'll get a followup to this in DA3.

circ

Arcane
So guys. Does it recycle areas again? Just reskins them? Are there any WHAT THE FUCK IS HE SAYING WHO WROTE THIS FUCKING CRAZY FUCKING SHIT? moments like - COME FELATE ME.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
circ said:
So guys. Does it recycle areas again? Just reskins them? Are there any WHAT THE FUCK IS HE SAYING WHO WROTE THIS FUCKING CRAZY FUCKING SHIT? moments like - COME FELATE ME.
wat

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
No recycled areas, but that's not flattering either.
There are a lot of what the fuck moments but sadly no come felice navidad moments.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i have completed the legacy dlc. i shall write the review tomorrow and... then wait for grunker to finish the proof-reading.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Konjad

Patron
hater's gonna hate. the game is great and you're blind if you don't consider it a gem.

Konjad

Patron
great storyline, greatt cahracters, great combat, great choices and consequences, non-linear (except in chapter ending quest)... seriously, what's not to like? you guys are so full of hatred you can't even enjoy a good game.

seriously, wtf is wrong with you

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Konjad said:
great storyline, greatt cahracters, great combat, great choices and consequences, non-linear (except in chapter ending quest)... seriously, what's not to like? you guys are so full of hatred you can't even enjoy a good game.

Hey you're right kid. Critical thinking doesn't lead to happiness, it's time we let go of all that frustration. This is the wisdom of youth and inno-

goodfellas-joe-pesci_l.jpg

Regdar

Arcane
Keep in mind that text is a pretty horrible medium for conveying sarcasm or sincerity. Especially if you're not using smileys. :smug:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Serious_Business said:
Konjad said:

Hey you're right kid. Critical thinking doesn't lead to happiness, it's time we let go of all that frustration. This is the wisdom of youth and inno-

goodfellas-joe-pesci_l.jpg

It's a sad day when Serious_Business is fooled by a troll from Konjad :rpgcodex:

Konjad

Patron
I'm not trolling, hell, you're correcting my review in which I prove these points.

Wolfus

Arcane
Volrath said:
Wolfus said:
DA2 in general is OK, but area-recycling is fucking it up a lot.
It really, really, REALLY isn't.

Did you actually played it (not just a prologue) and considered it bad or you are just "I heard it is bad, so it is bad" sort of faggot?

Bahamut

Arcane
Well for me DA2 had not that bad story, but the rest was utter garbage

Regdar

Arcane
Wolfus said:
Volrath said:
Wolfus said:
DA2 in general is OK, but area-recycling is fucking it up a lot.
It really, really, REALLY isn't.

Did you actually played it (not just a prologue) and considered it bad or you are just "I heard it is bad, so it is bad" sort of faggot?

I'm a DA2 survivor, so does my opinion count? Great. Here goes:

It's shit.

Bahamut

Arcane
Haters gonna hate
Shitty games gonna be shitty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom