Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, NWN2.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Just how much does it suck? Really now.

I've dragged through and I'm now at the beginning of chapter 3 where I have to reach Lord Nasher. After being separated from my companions for no other reason than because that's what Obsidian thought is cool and being stuck with a horde of undead in an area locked by an OMG ANCEINT ALARM I now have to pass a trial to go to the throne room? Really, Obsidian... REALLY? So, I have to defend Lord Nasher, although he is locked in an eternal battle where neither him or his opponent are taking damage, but supposedly he is fighting to the death and I have to go through a stupid dungeon answering inane questions and fighting mephits to get there? REALLY? Why the fuck should I know or care what is the name of the lake near Neverwinter? Is that a proof of loyalty?

Jesus Christ.

Also, whoever wrote the dialogs needs to die, even you Annie if any of this is your doing. Even more so than those who programmed the camera. Seriously, 90% of NPC start their dialog with "ah..." and at some point they'll be sneaky and use a pause, like "they'll be... taken care of" or some other shit like this. I'm sure there is a name for when you say something else than you actually mean, but I don't know it.
And don't even start me on the "you've got far, I didn't expect it".

Oh, and who in fuck's sweet name made that quest where you have to drive the spirits to that tree. The worst quest in gaming history. What the fuck was that? On what drugs was the moron who made that? So... those spirits are so dumb that I take them right in front of the door that leads to the tree, but if there are some ZOMG GHOST LIGHTS off nearby they'll go by that way instead? Supposedly the ghost lights were to stop them, not to attract them. And anyway, they weren't mindless spirits either. Why did I have to do this instead of the spirits going alone where they should.

But hey... don't mess with the bright heads at Obsidian.

Feargus was right in the manual when he said he made a game true to its predecessor. This is just as stupid as NWN1. Or worse.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
NWN2 is a good game. So is NWN1. So, in conclusion, FUCK OFF.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Thank you, but next time when I need the opinion of two retards I'll ask for it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeha, and you'll do it by talking to a mirror. Dumbnutz.

NWN > ALL

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"How many times does one have to repeat himself?"

For every action there is a reaction therefore everytime some tool spams a thread about how 'awful' NWN is; I will spam about how awesome it is.

Deal?

Peter

Arcane
Flametroll.gif

FeelTheRads

Arcane
DriacKin said:
play MotB instead

I don't know. After the abysmal failure that the OC is, I'm starting to have doubts that MotB could be worth more than a shit on a stick.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Then youa re even dumber than I thought. MOTB is awesome. If it was a full game, it be one of the best games ever. R00fles!

The Wizard

Educated
wait until you get to see the ending. it's breathtakingly beautiful. totally worth playing until the end! it's one of the best ever
Volourn said:
NWN > ALL
damn, boy. i bet not even the apocalypse could stop you from spouting that bullshit. :salute:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Actually, sometimes this is so bad it's actually funny.

So, I got to the throne room and then suddenly they stopped fighting and the Reaver sat there quietly while Nasher delivered his imbecilic speech all the time with my sword clipping trough this chest. :lol:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
FeelTheRads said:
DriacKin said:
play MotB instead

I don't know. After the abysmal failure that the OC is, I'm starting to have doubts that MotB could be worth more than a shit on a stick.
There are a couple of things in the OC that you won't have to see in MotB.

1. Creating a longer detour through everything
None of that "To reach Nasher, you must undergo several trials" crap or that "To reach Blacklake, you must become a high criminal or cop". MotB is strictly a world of a village, a barbarian camp, three forests, and a sunken city. It is a low-key world. So anywhere you need to go and whatever you need handled, you go there and take it up with the necessary character immediately and as and when you find him or her. All the quests are tightly knit and direct. It's just, "Hey, this is the world of Rashemi. Go on and wind through as many of the plotlines as you can around these places, and we won't try to funnel you into or out of something."

2. Fumbling with the camera
Settings have something they refer in the manual as "RTS-style camera", which basically means an Infinity Engine style camera. It does not rotate, it is free to scroll without being centered on your character, and it stays high enough in the sky so that nothing obstructs your view.

3. Puzzles
You will not have to do inane things like guide a spirit from one part of a dungeon to another by shutting lights on and off. Or run around a library, take books, and then use them to answer questions on pedestals to open doors. The only things that qualify as puzzles in MotB are just one or two situations in one particular area, which are so direct and intuitive anyway, that they seem more like non-puzzles, and more like basic actions to advance the plot. And I don't think they are even essential.

4. NPCs talking inane things
There are no filler characters in the game, and it is trimmed down to only the pivotal characters of the plot, all of whom have something relevant to say, which they say so without feigned dramatization. Moreso, the people of Rashemi are just simple villagers, without much pretension in their manner.

Shannow

Waster of Time
FeelTheRads said:
Seeing that puzzles and dialogue are your main issues. MotB has different dialogue and different puzzles, hooray! And don't let idiots fool you, the camera hasn't improved a bit. It has a new setting that gives an old IE POV...in a 3D game with maps that require constant panning...with a fixed camera...a camera that cannot pan... :roll:
It also introduced a nice glitch that would position the camera right behind your head whenever you left certain locations. Sure was fun fumbling that back to an acceptable POV.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Shannow said:
FeelTheRads said:
Seeing that puzzles and dialogue are your main issues. MotB has different dialogue and different puzzles, hooray! And don't let idiots fool you, the camera hasn't improved a bit. It has a new setting that gives an old IE POV...in a 3D game with maps that require constant panning...with a fixed camera...a camera that cannot pan... :roll:
There are settings within each camera setting. It takes 10 seconds to choose all the options as you need it.

For god's sake, Shannow.

And you are the same guy dismissing Realms Of Arkania II: The Star Trail, because you thought it had a bad interface. I mean, you can find some genuine faults with that game, but interface?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I assume you mean the Strategy Mode camera? I have MotB and that's the only one that somewhat resembles what you're talking about, but it is in no way fixed... unless by fixed you mean having to fight with it to zoom out when climbing a hill because otherwise it would just be 1mm above the ground.

Of course, it's good that I can click&drag to select the party, but why I'm not allowed to set it at a certain zoom? I DON'T KNOW!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh, yeah, and very D&D mathematical game indeed. Fighting that fat bitch Natale is D&D at its best what with her suddenly teleporting herself at full health in another spot after you finish all of her hit points. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom