Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, NWN2.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
To all who posted in this thread: you suck.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
bur6.jpg

bring it bitch

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The Codex always provides the best comedy. Thanks FeelTheRads. :applause:

Camera:
I used Strategy Mode, just zoom out and you have an isometric view and can point and click. You don't even need WASD. But it is true, when you go through a portal or come near a building the camera snaps right behind your ass. You then have to go through the tiresome process of readjusting it. Takes about 0.2 sec if you scroll out with your mouse. It's amusing how some of you go outrage TEH GEAM SUCKZ IS UNPLAYABLE BURN OBSIDIAN HQ over such a relatively minor annoyance.
Sure imo even the NWN1 camera was better, but it is still a rather insignificant matter.

It is also funny that the gripes i have with NWN2 are never mentioned around here.
Why is that?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I used Strategy Mode, just zoom out and you have an isometric view and can point and click.

Are you serious? If the camera would zoom out more than 1 meter above the characters that would acceptable at least, but it doesn't. It also sits at the current zoom when climbing hills so, for each few steps you climb you have to zoom out, which doesn't always work because the camera probably still thinks its at the maximum zoom out so you have to zoom in and out again for it to work.

It is also funny that the gripes i have with NWN2 are never mentioned around here.

Know what else is funny? That in my first post I've only made a passing reference to the camera. Then your gripes aren't awful dialog and quests either? Then what? I'M DYING OF CURIOSITY!

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
FeelTheRads said:
Are you serious? If the camera would zoom out more than 1 meter above the characters that would acceptable at least, but it doesn't. It also sits at the current zoom when climbing hills so, for each few steps you climb you have to zoom out, which doesn't always work because the camera probably still thinks its at the maximum zoom out so you have to zoom in and out again for it to work.

I meant Exploration Mode - not Strategy Mode - sorry. It is weird though, I can also zoom out just fine in Strategy Mode. Did you use the scroll wheel of your mouse to zoom out? That's how it works.
These are my settings in the opshuns:
-Go to the tab Exploration Mode
-There are 2 boxes on the left, check ALL the checkboxes there
-There are 3 boxes in the middle, camerafocus: directly on controlled character, leftclick: rectangle (I don't know how this is called in the english version, but you'll find it)

You really should be able to zoom out and have an IE style view, you also can use the rectangle to choose you characters...

Edit: I saw the images you posted earlier in this thread, and you are zoomed out... how far do you want to zoom out the camera btw?

I'M DYING OF CURIOSITY!

A small excerpt:

- invisibility not functioning properly
- Dispelling not funtioning properly
- feats that don't work properly or don't work at all
- HIPS not taking into account the presence of Shadows, making it the only working and undispellable kind of invisibility
- inflation of HP, making spells poor that used to be good
- inflation of Saving throws (through stacking spells and equipment) making effectively all spells obsolete that require a saving throw (does not apply in official campaigns because enemies don't use it, except it can make your party almost invulnerable)

I could go on and on and on...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Did you use the scroll wheel of your mouse to zoom out?

Hurrr... naw, I was using the monitor controls.

I saw the images you posted earlier in this thread, and you are zoomed out...

That was actually zoomed out because of a cliff in that area. The camera just stayed stuck at that level of zoom after going over the hill with it. It was awesome when I could find high areas so I could do that and have finally a decent zoom, at least until I touched the scroll button when it would snap back.

how far do you want to zoom out the camera btw?

Very far. Happy? As far as I friggin' want. It's a 3D game, why isn't it possible?

A small excerpt:

So balance and bugs. Fair enough. Personally I can often get past that if the game is enjoyable otherwise. Not the case here. Although maybe better combat system and better and more challenging encounters could have made if somewhat enjoyable.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
FeelTheRads said:
have finally a decent zoom, at least until I touched the scroll button when it would snap back.

Well, then I just can't guess the reason for your problems. I can always zoom out like that just fine.

I suspect the reason for this odd behavior of your game is actually the same as the reason for this other bug you experienced (regarding metamagics).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom