Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Larianshill

Arbiter
So, anybody else fucking hates Zealots?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"On one hand it's kinda gamey"

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

A game based on DnD - a game - has'gamey' stuff.

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

Imagine that. Whining that a game has something that is 'gamey'.

There are things to complain about with games but being 'gamey' shouldn't be one of them. LMAO

That said, legendary actions - while seeming 'unfair - makes sense for legendary creatures. It is why they are legendary. Afterall, they could just give her 5 actions on her turn and tell you to SUCK IT UP. But, I guess... that would be 'gamey'. Just be glad these are wussy 5E vamps that don't drain 2 levels per hit.

L0LZ

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Killed Aksha on the second try (scavanger difficulty + max AI), I wasn't ready for her legendary actions on my first try. She's definitely more difficult than in EA. However, she can't outlast the ridiculous smite damage two paladins can dish out even with her healing. The most problematic thing is the dark veil actually, but you can brute force it. I can get to like +12 attack rolls, so even with disadvantage I can hit her semi-reliably. She likes to stay in the light, however, so yeah, the devs might want to look into improving AI a ton. With that said, it's the only encounter I actually like up to now. A single additional dark apprentice would make this fight ridiculously brutal btw.

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah, smite is brutal espicially against her (or any solo enemy) so no doubt with you having two paladins it was cakewalk. Wasn't too bad for my one pali party. I cna why non pali parties might be challenge more. I hate having disadvnatge on my attacks. I'm almost bound to have really low roll. Of course, most enemies don't have high ac. Even the vamp seems to have around 15-16 I think.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If Aksha is the best/most challenging encounter in the game, then why are people praising encounter design? The dark castle is full of copy-pasted ghoul fights that basically any party can auto-attack through. Maybe if long rest spots were single use they would make sense. Aksha would be borderline sadistic and cruel then.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Killed Aksha on the second try (scavanger difficulty + max AI), I wasn't ready for her legendary actions on my first try. She's definitely more difficult than in EA. However, she can't outlast the ridiculous smite damage two paladins can dish out even with her healing. The most problematic thing is the dark veil actually, but you can brute force it. I can get to like +12 attack rolls, so even with disadvantage I can hit her semi-reliably. She likes to stay in the light, however, so yeah, the devs might want to look into improving AI a ton. With that said, it's the only encounter I actually like up to now. A single additional dark apprentice would make this fight ridiculously brutal btw.
Congrats,now you had finished the best dungeon in the game,the rest is more or less jumping on platforms :lol:. Tho the next gem quest is not bad too,but after it,is is meh.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If Aksha is the best/most challenging encounter in the game, then why are people praising encounter design? The dark castle is full of copy-pasted ghoul fights that basically any party can auto-attack through. Maybe if long rest spots were single use they would make sense. Aksha would be borderline sadistic and cruel then.
There is one more such fight in the next dungeon. Another flying vampire. But yeah,this was the best fight in the game,the rest is generic shit. You should see the final battle lol :lol::lol::lol:.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Because we aren't all jaded Bulgarians unable to enjoy a good simple video game for what it is.

But actually we don't really care about Solasta, we just want Myzzrym to be our friend.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Because we aren't all jaded Bulgarians unable to enjoy a good simple video game for what it is.
Because we aren't all jaded Italians unable to enjoy a good simple american pizza with ketchup for what it is.

Standards matter!

Lacrymas

Arcane

But actually we don't really care about Solasta, we just want Myzzrym to be our friend.
I'm not jaded, I seriously don't understand 90% of the praise for this game on this forum. The things which were bugging me in EA are still bugging me now, big surprise there. Yeah, Aksha is better, woohoo.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What can I tell you, I enjoy restraining a group of enemies with Black Tentacles and then bombarding them with Fireballs, or getting my Cleric and Wizard surrounded and then casting Spirit Guardians and Mind Twist to get 3 rounds of damage from the angry spirits of my ancestors, or summoning a Wall of Fire between me and the enemies and then covering their side with Insect Plague to force them to decide between dying either eaten by flies or burnt by flames, or blocking the way with my high AC Cleric while the enemies all grouped together die in a Flaming Sphere, or paralyzing an enemy with Hold Monster and then destroying him with a single automatic critical hit boosted by Divine Smite and Branding Smite, or, hell, even just flying around with my Wizard throwing Fireballs on the ground.

When the system gives me all these tools to have fun, I decide to use them and have fun instead of trying to discover if I can finish the game auto-attacking and spamming cantrips.

Also what the fuck:
Maybe if long rest spots were single use they would make sense. Aksha would be borderline sadistic and cruel then.
I think it's clear to anyone who has ever played an IE game for more than 2 hours that Solasta should be played using each campfire only once and only as soon as you find it. Why do you complain that the game is too easy and then do everything in your power to make it even easier?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I'm not jaded, I seriously don't understand 90% of the praise for this game on this forum. The things which were bugging me in EA are still bugging me now, big surprise there. Yeah, Aksha is better, woohoo.
Well the forum had declined in the recent years,it is clear that new members have very low standards and are ready to slurp any shit that have muh D&D in it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I think it's clear to anyone who has ever played an IE game for more than 2 hours that Solasta should be played using each campfire only once and only as soon as you find it. Why do you complain that the game is too easy and then do everything in your power to make it even easier?
Camps don't really matter,i almost didn't used them and never lost a character. The game i just too easy,it is poor encounter design than just enemy doing double damage.

PS:Why use flashy spellz when you could just kill the enemy? You make it sounds as that shit is normal lol.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
" new members "

I like the game. It's not perfect. Not even great. But, it alright.

Call me names all you want but DO NOT FUKKIN' BESMIRCH BY REFERRING TO ME AS A N00B, FATHER FUCKA.

That is dispicable behaviour.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
" new members "

Call me names all you want but DO NOT FUKKIN' BESMIRCH BY REFERRING TO ME AS A N00B, FATHER FUCKA.

Oh so you are using your grandpa's account and larp as oldfag lol,sad. Go play minecraft or wahteva your teens play,maybe fortnight.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
wats the consensus so far. im finding the game rly barebones and dry, but w nice potential to be awesome w new content

Serus

Arcane
Patron
" new members "

Oh so you are using your grandpa's account and larp as oldfag lol,sad. Go play minecraft or wahteva your teens play,maybe fortnight.
Volourn has grandchildren? Who already play CRPGs? What about the children then, are they using their own accounts?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
" new members "

Volourn has grandchildren? Who already play CRPGs? What about the children then, are they using their own accounts?
They play star citizen...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

There are things to complain about with games but being 'gamey' shouldn't be one of them. LMAO

That said, legendary actions - while seeming 'unfair - makes sense for legendary creatures. It is why they are legendary. Afterall, they could just give her 5 actions on her turn and tell you to SUCK IT UP. But, I guess... that would be 'gamey'. Just be glad these are wussy 5E vamps that don't drain 2 levels per hit.

L0LZ

Learn to use the quote function, retard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

HOLY FUKK NUTZ.

L0LZ

Learn to use the quote function, retard.
Come on fedora,don't mock the elderly. Can't you see that he is older than us with at least 20-30 years?

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
You have TWO paladins in your party...
Everyone has infravision (2 Dwarves, 2 Elves)...
You use long rest spots multiple times...

Is there anything else you'd like to add?

Trithne

Erudite
You have TWO paladins in your party...
Everyone has infravision (2 Dwarves, 2 Elves)...
You use long rest spots multiple times...

Is there anything else you'd like to add?

But are the Paladins eunuchs?

Bara

Arcane
Well the forum had declined in the recent years,it is clear that new members have very low standards and are ready to slurp any shit that have muh D&D in it.

I mean you say this but you gave one of your party members all 18 in stats to "rollplay" and expected that not to effect balance...

And even though you say the rest of your party had normal stats I kinda doubt you didn't stop re-rolling stats until you got a set that didn't give you two 18's at least and no negative modifiers after the whole PoE campfire thing. I know you swear you used a trainer to rest more to avoid tedium with campfire supplies but man I have my doubts.

Though I agree with you there are better games to go deep in with like Naheulbeuk which definitely captured the D&D tabletop spirit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom