Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something odd about KotOR and bioware praise (spoilers)

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
The droids puzzle was actually one of the more brain using puzzles in the game. You could skip it by simply hacking the droids if you had the amount of spikes needed, but, if you don't mind using your noggin' and have no problem with logic puzzles, you could save the spikes all together. I think that was my favorite puzzle in the game. The only problem I had with it, was once you knew the answers, that was it. Would have been nice if they had changed it from game to game. Wouldn't have been too hard, actually.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Now that you mention it, i've always wondered how difficult it was to have text-based puzzles being random (drawn from a pool of programmed possibilities) from game to game. Also it would be interesting to be asked questions according to what i've done in the past, ie, if i travelled trough a certain place, that i'd be asked about that place's culture.

phoots

Novice
Jarinor said:
phoots said:
Everything has been done/said/seen that can bee seen/done/said it just needs a person to financialy gain from this to be out in the open.

And everything that can be invented has been invented. It may have been said a hundred or more years ago, but we can still make inaccurate blanket statements just as well today!

No not everything has been invented. But definetly has been thought of.

phoots

Novice
EEVIAC said:
I just don't understand why people would go so far out of their way to "defend" a company or a game, on a site that (apparently) holds an opinion so contrary to their own. Are people so sickeningly fragile and sycophantic that the merest notion of diagreeance sends their world into a tizzy? Didn't this sort of thing happen when the NWN review was posted?

This comment also can be said with those attacking said company.

Voss

Erudite
Attack! Attack!
Oh. wait...
Nah.

Anyway, *everything* has been thought of? Please. Human thought, despite cultural differences, is fairly similar. Theres a lot of possibilities out there that don't occur to anyway simply because ours minds only work a certain way. Toss in a limited perception matrix and we're probably missing 99% of reality. It'd be like someone blind and deaf from birth thinking up new colors and songs.

Your argument is found to be without merit and is hereby labelled:

Useless.

phoots

Novice
Voss said:
Attack! Attack!
Oh. wait...
Nah.

Anyway, *everything* has been thought of? Please. Human thought, despite cultural differences, is fairly similar. Theres a lot of possibilities out there that don't occur to anyway simply because ours minds only work a certain way. Toss in a limited perception matrix and we're probably missing 99% of reality. It'd be like someone blind and deaf from birth thinking up new colors and songs.

Useless.

A perception matrix is what made my post and yours possible. But since others have read my original post and labeled it useless in their mind, you just proved my point. Thank you for playing, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

NEXT!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
phoots said:
Jarinor said:
phoots said:
Everything has been done/said/seen that can bee seen/done/said it just needs a person to financialy gain from this to be out in the open.

And everything that can be invented has been invented. It may have been said a hundred or more years ago, but we can still make inaccurate blanket statements just as well today!

No not everything has been invented. But definetly has been thought of.

Been thought of != implemented.

Voss

Erudite
phoots said:
Voss said:
Attack! Attack!
Oh. wait...
Nah.

Useless.

A perception matrix is what made my post and yours possible. But since others have read my original post and labeled it useless in their mind, you just proved my point. Thank you for playing, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

NEXT!

OK, I'll use smaller words this time. My point was not everything has been thought of, since we can't perceive everything. And if we can't perceive it, we can't think about it, or its ramifications.
I in no way proved your point
And, in point of fact, perception doesn't make these posts possible. A variety of computer algorithms and tools allow us to post to a message board. Perception simple allows us to read the posts, and feel the keys as we type responses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom