Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Songs of Steel: Hispania - turn-based tactics set during the Numantine War

I’ve got lost in the recent tacticals with ‘Songs’ in their titles.

WTF is tactical about songs lmao?
I am guessing its being influenced by "A song of Ice and Fire". Not just video games either, have noticed some bad books for teen girls basically, written in the hunger games style that seemed to have caught on to using the "songs" thing in their title.

BTW, to anyone who cares, I played the demo and actually liked it.

@songsofsteelvg

Meteorbyte Studios
Developer
I’ve got lost in the recent tacticals with ‘Songs’ in their titles.

WTF is tactical about songs lmao?
I am guessing its being influenced by "A song of Ice and Fire". Not just video games either, have noticed some bad books for teen girls basically, written in the hunger games style that seemed to have caught on to using the "songs" thing in their title.

BTW, to anyone who cares, I played the demo and actually liked it.
Awesome! I love to hear that you enjoyed the demo. This week it's the release of the complete game ;)

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
1720720025907.png

Bruh... how about some hard difficulty tho?

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
6 hours into the Roman campaign - this is really good tbh fam.

My observations from the demo still stand, the full game brings in more auxiliary units that you can use to spice up your roster (these tend to be various ranged/skrimish units, ranging from slingers to Macedonian peltasts and elephant riders). There are plenty of CYOA events on the strategic map that have consequences (mostly in what reward/loss you get right away, though some have longer term effects - for example your policy regarding relations with the local tribes), you also get to explore the background of the main characters through various dialogues that happen in the camp.

Missions are designed very nicely and encourage multiple tries if you want to get a perfect result. My main issue with the game so far is that there are usually quite low limits on the number of units that you can bring - since you often get reinforcements for free (usually auxiliary reinforcements) this means that you dont have that much space to experiment with all the unit types that you have at your disposal. This is further compounded by the way the XP is awarded (one point per mission) also encourages you to keep bringing your core Roman units to keep them leveled up.

Still, this is a very gud gaem. If you like lower scale TBS stuff/Romans/light RPG elements stuff, you should be getting this.

REhorror

Educated
Honestly I'm fine with everything, but the graphics look a bit too colorful and cartoony for me.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Aren't you guys glad I stumbled on this gem.

I honestly don't know why the hell this was buried underneath all the other shovelware from Next Fest.

@songsofsteelvg

Meteorbyte Studios
Developer
Hello guys! It’s been 10 days since the full game came out. What is the game like? Most choose the Roman side but some with the Celtiberians are also having a lot of fun with ambushes

They have started writing reviews on the Steam page. If you could also leave your feedback on the page of the store also, in addition to commenting here, would help us a lot to grow.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom