Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sons of the Forest (sequel to The Forest)

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Survival horror. Highly anticipated sequel to The Forest. Sandbox with blood, gore, fleshcrafted nude vaginamutants, base building, etc.

Releases tomorrow, Feb 23rd. Recently changed to EA.

Lokiamis

Learned
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“We are hoping to be in early access for around 6-8 months, but this could change. We will leave Early Access when we are certain this is the best version of the game possible.”
Yeah fucking right.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Loving it so far. Felt a bit clunky at first, but after some tuning it plays fine. No bugs yet.

Thankfully it passed my initial shit test: Borderless window & ALT-tabbing is flawless, and I can rebind *everything*. There's also a FOV-slider in-game.

Now to explore the island!

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
AAA devs: spend a billion dollars, celebrity voice actors, in-house engine, etc just to flop.

Some doods with Unity: lol, money machine go $$$$

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Wow, these nights... can barely see my feet, even with a torch. Like in pre-patched ELEX. As it should be! Hoping for infrared goggles mid/late-game though.

The game really nails the feeling of being stalked. Some sound cues, but you can't be entirely sure... then you briefly see something at the corner of your eye, maybe just an animal...

It's all fun & games till screeching cannibal girls start dropping from the trees while you're trying to make it back to camp before nightfall.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
I loved Forest 1, its the best survival game I ever played so I will definitely be getting this in 8-10 months or so
Better than Conan Exiles?
Because that's by far the best I tried first-hand so far.

(Not because it's flawless, but because the others were a lot worse in many ways).
Sadly I havent played Conan Exiles so I cant comment

Lokiamis

Learned
I played the first one and then a bit of the sequel back to back. From just fucking around for an hour or two it feels and plays so much better. The forest itself is a huge improvement compared to the first game. Ferns and bushes and all sorts of undergrowth absolutely cover the ground (at least where I was set up) and enemies can sneak through it, but you can clear it all with your axe or by tasking your companion. The individual log placement is satisfying too. Really makes it feel like every log you chop matters.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
A hot 4-legged girl in a bathing suit keeps sneaking up to my camp. She runs away when I approach, but then she keeps sneaking back, and makes sexy poses. I don't trust this...

Mortmal

Arcane
I loved Forest 1, its the best survival game I ever played so I will definitely be getting this in 8-10 months or so

(Not because it's flawless, but because the others were a lot worse in many ways).
Completely different kind game, there's very little to build and its pointless to do so, its more like an adventure game like the old robinson requiem, and its follow up . It just add better atmosphere and horror. Was good but a bit barebones and very short 15 hours to complete everything, hardly any survival aspect , you have more more rations than you can eat, and my bag was full of food by the end. Cluncky and not achieving greatness but they are doing something entertaining unlike most AAA production. So as gaming is dead it still deserves success.

BruceVC

Magister

Thats the type of thing I would do :M

Talking about Forest 1, I remember how terrifying it was exploring the caves and the first time I encountered the mutants and those awful mutant babies. The game really was atmospheric and they did an excellent job around the scarcity of resources. You didnt even get a map in the beginning

Zlaja

Arcane

Speaking of CE, I made myself a nice house with some slaves enthusiastic helpers, but then I didn't bother logging in for 2 weeks and when I came back everything I built was whiped. The only thing I had left was stuff I had on me. Rage quitted.

Is she hot, maybe see if you can initiate a Romance arc

Don't give them ideas.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I appreciate that there were a couple things that The Forest did well, but there is absolutely no denying it was a cash grab and the second it blew up in popularity the guys left the office and never came back. I suppose this is The Forest 2: The Search for More Money.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
A hot 4-legged girl in a bathing suit keeps sneaking up to my camp. She runs away when I approach, but then she keeps sneaking back, and makes sexy poses. I don't trust this...
Screenshots?

Here she is. Actually 3 arms and 3 legs (1 just isn't visible here). And perky nipples.

Screenshot-2023-02-26-152042.jpg

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Completely different kind game, there's very little to build and its pointless to do so, its more like an adventure game like the old robinson requiem, and its follow up . It just add better atmosphere and horror. Was good but a bit barebones and very short 15 hours to complete everything, hardly any survival aspect , you have more more rations than you can eat, and my bag was full of food by the end. Cluncky and not achieving greatness but they are doing something entertaining unlike most AAA production. So as gaming is dead it still deserves success.

Mods will fix it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom