Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The studio’s unfortunate reputation for shipping buggy products is the only concern left to alleviate, though I can say that I encountered no quirks or problems during my 2.5-hour hands-on time.

They are - for the first time to my knowledge - using an engine they've worked with before (and one they built themselves, at that) so it's kind of a test for them (or should be, at least), and remembering the relative stability of DS3 they should and I'm just way too drunk to sperg all this shit down for who ever you are or I am or what ever the fuck this fog in my eyes or you in your post means... Cheers, anyway.

:brodex:

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Looks decent enough, even if it's just a Paper Mario clone with fart jokes. With some decent exploration and non-combat gameplay it coul become a good game.

Outmind

Augur
Is it just me, or do the mechanics of the game look and feel very similar to Dragonfable?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Is it just me, or do the mechanics of the game look and feel very similar to Dragonfable?
no idea what you mean by dragonfable but the combat mechanics with quicktime events mixed with tb are fairly common in jrpgs, most prominently paper mario.

Outmind

Augur
It is a browser based game by the people that made adventure quest.

Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I wasn't really looking forward to this but that 13 min video makes it look very nice.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From the gameplay video it looks funny, I hope Cartman will remain for the most of the game.
It probably won’t be balanced but it’s South Park, so who cares. I know which class will be the first to go though :cool:.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Watched video, that early combat sure is full of a lot of hard counters. :M

Starting to lean more towards "will get when discounted enough" (as opposed to not at all). Not because of graphics or length, but because I don't want to support crude libertarians too much.

DeepOcean

Arcane
From the gameplay video it looks funny, I hope Cartman will remain for the most of the game.
It probably won’t be balanced but it’s South Park, so who cares. I know which class will be the first to go though :cool:.
I so gonna play as an agent of Zionism.:lol:

Deleted member 7219

I'm just hoping Ubisoft and South Park Studios won't take all the money and leave Obsidian in the shit.

Snozgobler

Educated
I'm just hoping Ubisoft and South Park Studios won't take all the money and leave Obsidian in the shit.
I wonder if it will be based on Metacritic scores like FO:NV was! Though with all the praise the game has been getting in the press, maybe it should be to get a better bonus :p

Outmind

Augur
Watched video, that early combat sure is full of a lot of hard counters. :M

Starting to lean more towards "will get when discounted enough" (as opposed to not at all). Not because of graphics or length, but because I don't want to support crude libertarians too much.

What did they say the length was gonna be? I'm guessing 10 hours tops?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
For $60 it better be at least 20 hours long, and I'd hope for something more like 30-40. Especially considering how long it's been in development.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
For $60 it better be at least 20 hours long, and I'd hope for something more like 30-40. Especially considering how long it's been in development.
I paid €15 for it. $60 for a game is just cute.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not all of us can use your magical voodoo currency.

I'll probably just wait til it goes on sale to pick it up.

Not all of us can use your magical voodoo currency.

I'll probably just wait til it goes on sale to pick it up.
Contact the Russians!!

Deleted member 7219

They have spent years making this game. They've delayed it several times. Why would it only be 10 hours long?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They have spent years making this game. They've delayed it several times. Why would it only be 10 hours long?
Because Outmind is a dumbfuck who makes shit up on the go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom