Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
By the way, how did they handle world travel in a 2d sidescroller like this? A world overview map, or a certain travel system?
There's this map:

KVyT6ip.jpg

It will brobably be like Fortune Summoners and other similar games, where there are some points in the middle of the map (like gates and roads) where you can go to other areas by pressing Up or Down.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why do I like that shitty, lame, drab map / char screen? There's something about it...

There's something... Earthbound-y to it. I can't put my claw on it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I would buy this for 75% off if it were anything but South Park. As such I'd only leech it in the beg thread.

Anyone want to pull out the episode of South Park where they mock Metallica and others for suing online pirates?

I'm not advocating sailing the online high seas here, just that I wonder whether their view is going to be the same now that they're the rich bastards with a piracy-vulnerable product:)

St. Toxic

Arcane
I'd buy it if it wasn't made by Obshittian. They ruined NWN, Star Wars, Fallout and Jason Bourne -- and now they're ruining South Park. They're like the Uwe Boll of videogames.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
I'm not advocating sailing the online high seas here, just that I wonder whether their view is going to be the same now that they're the rich bastards with a piracy-vulnerable product:)

You tellin' me that TV shows are not piracy-vulnerable?

It's a little different since pirated video game = (in theory*) a lost customer = directly less sales dollars, compared to pirated tv show = less viewers = maybe less ad revenue for the network = maybe lower negotiated per episode price for the studio. Pirated TV is a little more abstract and harder to quantitate in terms of lost revenue.

*If you want to argue 'not all pirated copies are lost sales', don't even bother, thanks. I know. It's not the point I'm making.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Companion list, at least according to the website (we've seen most anyway and the only real surprise is jimmy)

2 charachters in combat and field

Buddies/Companions are

Cartman
Kenny
Butters
Stan
Kyle
Jimmy

I'm sure there will be some way to switch.

Grinolf

Arcane
You tellin' me that TV shows are not piracy-vulnerable?

Some probably are, but definitely not the one, which everyone could watch for free on it's website. The only restriction there, that recent episodes are avaiable for a several days and then become blocked for a few weeks. Don't remember exatly how much, but all episodes from the new season are already unblocked.

Grinolf

Arcane
It's region restricted i think, so might only work in Kwanistan.

No, since I live on the other side of the world and still could easily wath all episodes there. But maybe it's blocked for some regions because of their local right holders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom