Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sovereign Syndicate releasing on January 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Crimson Herring Studios; Sovereign Syndicate

https://www.terminals.io/games/sovereign-syndicate/news/4219

October 9th - London awaits! Crimson Herring Studios are proud to announce that Sovereign Syndicate, their tarot focused steampunk adventure set in a fantastical Victorian take on The Big Smoke, is launching next year on January 15th, 2024.

See the docklands from the perspective of three different characters, with NPCs reacting differently to each one's gender, race, appearance, & dialogue choices. Carve your path with forward by employing magic, persuasion, or even fisticuffs, with your decisions building up your character's skills and causing others to stagnate. Pick the right cards from the deck, manage your humors, and watch how your actions affect the temper of the city, pushing it to brink of despair or putting it on a path to redemption.

You can play the recently updated demo for Sovereign Syndicate right now on Steam as part of Next Fest and get acquainted while waiting for the game's release next year.​

Vyvian

Educated
I tried the demo and it seems kinda interesting.
Not a fan forced swapping between various protagonists though but that's just my personal hangup in RPGs.

Marte1980

Novice
I have no idea why would anyone ever think that deck-building is a good mechanic for an RPG. It's stupid, extremely limiting, boring and destroys immersion!

ropetight

Savant
I'm slowly starting to get lost in these Arcanum rip-offs.

This is the only one I know of, plus that solodev one about the cleric. Genuinely curious, but which other ones are there?
There is lot of them that suck on similar nipple as Arcanum, victorian steampunk with string quartet music, but they rarely mix fantasy with it.

On top of my head, Firmament adventure has similarities with world of Arcanum.
Fallen London is going for years and it borrows atmosphere and mixes it with generic Lovecraft-like weird.
Lethis is steampunk city builder, not so good, unfortunately.

There is also that upcoming Obsidian inXile game, Clockwork Fuckwork or something like that.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

It is not an Arcanum ripoff at all

Steampunk doesn't auto translate to Arcanum. Especially poorly done steampunk such as this

This is a Disco Elysium ripoff, if anything
The setting looks like the one from Arcanum. It's not like game creators have any particular erudition, even when it comes to pop culture.

Zeriel

Arcane

This is the only one I know of, plus that solodev one about the cleric. Genuinely curious, but which other ones are there?
There is lot of them that suck on similar nipple as Arcanum, victorian steampunk with string quartet music, but they rarely mix fantasy with it.

On top of my head, Firmament adventure has similarities with world of Arcanum.
Fallen London is going for years and it borrows atmosphere and mixes it with generic Lovecraft-like weird.
Lethis is steampunk city builder, not so good, unfortunately.

There is also that upcoming Obsidian inXile game, Clockwork Fuckwork or something like that.

They Are Billions was also in a vaguely similar vein, but unlike the other indie hipster trash its actually a good and fun game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom