Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Steve Jaros and Drew Holmes were responsible for the bulk of the writing in 1-4 and they've both left the company..

Well, that explains everything. Though I have to say that 4 already was a step into the wrong direction.

That game was a desperate cash grab from a sinking company.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Saints Row 4 was an expertly crafted slam dunk that improved upon its flawed predecessor. :M Though sure, they took the goofiness as far as they could take it and any future installment would have ideally gone back to the tone of 2.

Poseidon00

Arcane
"Yeah, he just shot the dealer"

"UGH, so unprofessional"

Street rats who talk like extremely online liberals

Very believable

deuxhero

Arcane
Steve Jaros and Drew Holmes were responsible for the bulk of the writing in 1-4 and they've both left the company..

Well, that explains everything. Though I have to say that 4 already was a step into the wrong direction.

I still maintain that 4 was far better than 3, though it wasn't a Saints Row game in gameplay. 3 went towards more humor but suffered from a critical flaw in that the humor wasn't funny (I've played it twice years apart and only one joke, that a character has a business degree, was at all memorable). 4's humor was more toned down, but actually funny and I can still remember several jokes

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Yeah, he just shot the dealer"

"UGH, so unprofessional"

Street rats who talk like extremely online liberals

Very believable

Should have paid more attention to the synopsis. These are extremely online liberals who have decided to break into crime, that's all intentional. They don't have to/can't write actual gangsters, so we get these gentrifying chumps.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Should have paid more attention to the synopsis. These are extremely online liberals who have decided to break into crime, that's all intentional. They don't have to/can't write actual gangsters, so we get these gentrifying chumps.

That would have been a good premise assuming it was a "comedy of errors" that ends with them being ganked

CyberModuled

Savant
Christ, talk about the worst possible time for this to happen (the man who was heading the SR2 PC fix).

ddzxe1.PNG

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Christ, talk about the worst possible time for this to happen (the man who was heading the SR2 PC fix).

Here goes the chance for an actual playable and upgraded version of SR2 for PC (emulation is still the way to go).

ADL

Prophet
You are probably wondering what will happen with the Saints Row 2 patch project. While I will no longer be managing Community, I will continue to work on this for as long as I am able. Please understand that it is 100% my choice to spend my last days contributing to it. Both Volition and Deep Silver have been incredibly supportive and have always given me the opportunity to leave the project with a solemn vow to make sure it gets finished without me. We have also been planning for this eventual moment, and brought on additional programming help some time ago to make sure it happens. While I am hesitant to give any kind of timeline, I can say that there have been huge strides made. I am confident that it will meet everyone's high expectations and standards (including mine.)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/

orcinator

Liturgist
You are probably wondering what will happen with the Saints Row 2 patch project. While I will no longer be managing Community, I will continue to work on this for as long as I am able. Please understand that it is 100% my choice to spend my last days contributing to it. Both Volition and Deep Silver have been incredibly supportive and have always given me the opportunity to leave the project with a solemn vow to make sure it gets finished without me. We have also been planning for this eventual moment, and brought on additional programming help some time ago to make sure it happens. While I am hesitant to give any kind of timeline, I can say that there have been huge strides made. I am confident that it will meet everyone's high expectations and standards (including mine.)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/
"SYKE, WE AIN'T FINISHING SHIT YOU CANCEROUS FUCK!"

Ravielsk

Magister
This looks like a parody of a parody of Saints Row. Who is this even for?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom