Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Hulk: Deathwing - may the Emperor's legs be OK

Beowulf

Arcane
12 bucks on steam now. Worth it?
If you like WH40k, and Space Hulk than yeah.
SP is decent, but it's a horde style gameplay, so not for everybody.
MP is where it's at - the best WH40k experience you can have in a FPS form.

Dexter

Arcane
Played this for ~6 hours today with a friend in CoOp and finished the "Campaign".

The level design is very repetitive and uninspired. Although the assets look good, it's all mostly just samey looking corridors you shoot yourself through with a bigger room every now and then that might as well have been procedurally generated. Story is almost Nonexistent aside from a few Cutscenes, although the way the Multiplayer works it even Skips the story Cutscenes between missions and it basically drops you right in with a short Briefing. One positive I have to add is that you get people joining your game relatively quickly, no matter what map or difficulty, might also be because of the Warhammer event going on right now. Within ~2 minutes or so the Match was always full with different random people playing Online.

Smashing through shit and the monster gibs are kinda nice I guess and they managed to make it seem like there's some actual weight behind the Power Armor movement (even though you're really squishy in it, to the point that you might as well have just normal armor on, 2-3 hits and you're down), and u get used to mowing down hordes after a while and even get to somewhat enjoy it. Shame about the lame missions and level design, because it gets old really fast even in CoOp/Multiplayer.

Still nothing better for mowing down Xenos with friends I guess till Darktide comes out:

Last edited:

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Do any modding tools or a map/campaign maker exist for this one? Or is it a case of GW being afraid of a My little pony inspired black crusade?

Curratum

Bought this for a fiver yesterday. Played 6 hours of solo with the friendly AIs, I had a good time overall.

The levels are gorgeous and atmospheric, the shooting is fun and punchy, would be much better with people.

If anyone has and still plays this, drop a line so we can maybe get some multi going on. Or if you fancy the idea of a slower-paced, xeno-killing Killing Floor 2, but the levels are actually dark scary places and not Fortnite Neon Hell, maybe grab the game and let's have a round or five.

Beowulf

Arcane
Bought this for a fiver yesterday. Played 6 hours of solo with the friendly AIs, I had a good time overall.

The levels are gorgeous and atmospheric, the shooting is fun and punchy, would be much better with people.

If anyone has and still plays this, drop a line so we can maybe get some multi going on. Or if you fancy the idea of a slower-paced, xeno-killing Killing Floor 2, but the levels are actually dark scary places and not Fortnite Neon Hell, maybe grab the game and let's have a round or five.

I'm down for some purging.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Enhanced Edition currently -75% on GOG and -66% for enhanced deluxe edition. Haven't bothered to check what it includes. Does this have any similiarites with Eye: Divine Cybermancy? That game was fun. When they say there are classes in this game, do they mean it has implants and RPG lite elements like Eye did?. Thanks.

You'd think they would mention stuff like this on the merketing pages.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Playing this shit right now 'cause i just found out i have it on steam even though i don't even remember ever buying it lmao.

Playing singleplayer and so far it's ok. It's mostly just a pretty slide show of orgasmic Warhammer art with some gameplay thrown in. Never having played Left for Dead or Vermintide i had no idea how this game stacks up with the rest of its irk. So far it seems the best way to play it is peacemeal. Start a level, ignore the first objective and go explore the level, check the sights, get some relics than do the objectives and wait some time before doing another level.

Question: is it possible to get 5 favour points? I cannot max the number of kills by playing the game normally. In order to max the kills before finishing a map i'd have to grind a ton of waves and i ain't doing that. I tried on the first map. Ended up with a 700 kill count and i was still short of getting a perfect score, so i gave up. I'm not going to bother trying to get 5 points if i have to spend an hour farming kills in a single spot i'm just curious to know if it is possible.

BTW, the system they have to command your companions works pretty well. Just press a key to make them do stuff. I was about to praise this as being among the few games where having AI controlled companions isn't pure torture and lo, the Apothecary keeps constantly getting in front of me. What the shit why do they always have to fuck up companion AI with this shit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Still nothing better for mowing down Xenos with friends I guess till Darktide comes out

The issue with Darktide is that you don't get to play as a Space Marine. Not very 40k why do i wanna play as some hobos.

-80% on GOG right now, going to buy it. Great warm up for Space Marine 2 and Darktide. Hell might even replay Space Marine 1, played some multiplayer this year on that and that felt great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom