Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Prison - Tactical Turn-Based Social Survival Brawler And Space Inmate-Simulator

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the game is sorta ok, it's endless crafting to craft to craft to craft, but the aesthetics are wack - enemies don't feel like HP sponges at all, but the combat is jank that feels like an auto battler without the auto
the two player alien races are shitty concepts from the outset, ugly ass dommy mommies and floating techno-necro-Marfans

if MDickie gave prisoners those goofy spaceman bubble helmets, he'd automatically have the best sci-fi prison game

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
the game is sorta ok, it's endless crafting to craft to craft to craft, but the aesthetics are wack - enemies don't feel like HP sponges at all, but the combat is jank that feels like an auto battler without the auto
the two player alien races are shitty concepts from the outset, ugly ass dommy mommies and floating techno-necro-Marfans

if MDickie gave prisoners those goofy spaceman bubble helmets, he'd automatically have the best sci-fi prison game

As someone that doesn't like crafting, this game sounds like hell.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Drop the soap and find out.
I wish
for a prison game, the game is extremely light on prison tropes
you'd expect gangs, racial segregation, the works

there is 2 "gangs" (space bullies and space rebels) but it essentially functions as a choice of your class, you pick one during the tutorial hour; fighter or a craftier crafter, it gives access to a gang "base" which has a crafting table unique to the "gang" to craft
the game gives you a cool gang hierarchy page, but it's essentially a visual scam to make you think there's depth and simulation where there's not - instead it's actually laying out the map how the game railroads you into doing "favors" to your "gang" members, tier by tier, before you can advance to do "favors" to the next tier in the "gang" hierarchy
what are the favors? bring them crafting ingredients or crafting products lol

both "gangs" have the exact same equal opportunity racial composition tier by tier down to the individual and their sex, from which you can intuit it's a way of making the writing work no matter which "gang" you go with

Last edited:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Drop the soap and find out.
I wish
for a prison game, the game is extremely light on prison tropes
you'd expect gangs, racial segregation, the works

there is 2 "gangs" (space bullies and space rebels) but it essentially functions as a choice of your class, you pick one during the tutorial hour; fighter or a craftier crafter, it gives access to a gang "base" which has a crafting table unique to the "gang" to craft
the game gives you cool gang hierarchy page, but it's essentially a visual scam to make you think there's depth and simulation where there's not - instead it's actually laying out the map how the game railroads you into doing "favors" to your "gang" members tier by tier before you can advance to do "favors" to the next tier in the "gang" hierarchy
what are the favors? bring them crafting ingredients or crafting products lol

both "gangs" have the exact same equal opportunity racial composition tier by tier down to the individual and their sex, from which you can intuit it's a way of making the writing work no matter which "gang" you go with

This game actually looked kinda interesting, but you have cleared the fog from my eyes. Shame that they didn't really do more than crafting and fighting. The premise has a lot of promise.

lightbane

Arcane
Back to the Dawn is likely to be a better prison game than this, but the fact it has animal people might put off Codexers.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Back to the Dawn is likely to be a better prison game than this, but the fact it has animal people might put off Codexers.
it most definitely is
actual prison complete with a prison economy, 3 gangs and unaffiliated prisoners, prison rep, buttloads of stats
and it looks great, too
and respect for the tropes!
soap.jpg

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
it most definitely is
actual prison complete with a prison economy, 3 gangs and unaffiliated prisoners, prison rep, buttloads of stats
and it looks great, too
View attachment 52680
Pity Prisonscape got frozen.
Oh well there's always Hardtime.

Fargus

Arcane
it most definitely is
and it looks great, too
View attachment 52680

Back then it looked interesting but it went nowhere. A bunch of screenshots, some dude who did time in prison posting on it's subforum and codexers joking about rape minigame is all i remember now. Was there even a game?

The visuals were hipster trash tier kinda like Escapists.
combat_ui_screen_07-big.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
it most definitely is
and it looks great, too
View attachment 52680

Back then it looked interesting but it went nowhere. A bunch of screenshots, some dude who did time in prison posting on it's subforum and codexers joking about rape minigame is all i remember now. Was there even a game?

The visuals were hipster trash tier kinda like Escapists.
combat_ui_screen_07-big.png
I could have sworn they looked better

Modron

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom