Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
well how the fuck do I know if I like it. The videos look nice, lol.

There was an actual demo, don't know if you can find it now. You can also "demo" it, but there's no patches and I hear it's full of game-breaking bugs, sooooo.

Cadmus

Arcane
well how the fuck do I know if I like it. The videos look nice, lol.

There was an actual demo, don't know if you can find it now. You can also "demo" it, but there's no patches and I hear it's full of game-breaking bugs, sooooo.
yeah, Im thinking the same so I wanna actually buy it to get the latest patches cuz I keep seeing that the game is bugged to shit

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hey guys i just found out that the barter skill is useless and doesn't do shit. Also did anyone found any weapons that deal intellect damage? It seems that the weapons are bugged.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
the pile of shit that is the Dark Eye system.
Yeah, how dare they develop a system that is yet unmatched in its realism, complexity and amount of details and possibilities - while at the same time being easy enough to get into! :lol:
To be fair, the system suffers from an incredible influx of TOO MANY RULES for specific tasks (I remember one time having to copy multiple pages from different books just to prepare and cast a freaking ritual), but thankfully that can be house-ruled.
The basic system of how attributes, skills, advantages and combat maneuvers go together is really good, though. And I continue to be impressed by just how many additional books there are. At least two just for herbs that grow in the wild. Herbs, FFS! You can get totally lost in the details, if that is your thing.

Back to the game:
I have yet to see a dev that patches as frantically as these guys did (and over the weekend, no less). I'm quite sure the publisher in this case forced the release a couple of weeks too early, because of course it had to be out before Christmas.

Last edited:
I thought THQ Nordic was the new 'bro' publisher, guess not.

I haven't encountered any egregious bugs yet, but I'm still quite early on.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The best anti-piracy system - release the game in the state of a buggy mess and pump out 9-10 patches over the weekend to fix it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the pile of shit that is the Dark Eye system.
Yeah, how dare they develop a system that is yet unmatched in its realism, complexity and amount of details and possibilities - while at the same time being easy enough to get into! :lol:
To be fair, the system suffers from an incredible influx of TOO MANY RULES for specific tasks (I remember one time having to copy multiple pages from different books just to prepare and cast a freaking ritual), but thankfully that can be house-ruled.
The basic system of how attributes, skills, advantages and combat maneuvers go together is really good, though. And I continue to be impressed by just how many additional books there are. At least two just for herbs that grow in the wild. Herbs, FFS! You can get totally lost in the details, if that is your thing.

Back to the game:
I have yet to see a dev that patches as frantically as these guys did (and over the weekend, no less). I'm quite sure the publisher in this case forced the release a couple of weeks too early, because of course it had to be out before Christmas.
Yeah Drakensang system is fun! Even like it more than the D&D.

On the game topic.The game is broken beyond believe and i am becoming pissed. Last night i decided to play a single mission on a 1.08 version and in the end the triggers were broken, Honestly i don't know what kind of one eyed,three fingered drunken autistic inbreed was writing the triggers in the first place. It is some extremely basic shit. In the past 10 quest i haven't met a single quests that doesn't have a broken trigger! Most of this shit have like 2-3 lines that have some misspelled shit in them.How hard is to write : If the player have tag "shit27" then spawn 20 zombies.If zombies have tag "deadshit" give interaction option with muscleleg bitch.
:negative:
I have the feeling that the game was made by two teams. One of them was the mechanical and was made by professionals.The other team was the quest team and was made by random people off the street. I am yet to see some mechanical problem,every thing outside of the quests is top notch.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The best anti-piracy system - release the game in the state of a buggy mess and pump out 9-10 patches over the weekend to fix it?
Please don't mock me .... i have downloaded like 60-70 gigs.I am honestly thinking about buying it for the patches....:argh:

Lacrymas

Arcane
That's why I'm doing the smart thing - waiting for all the patches to roll out and playing SF1 in the meantime. I'm starting to like it a lot.

Parabalus

Arcane

The game is also on GoG, so in practice it's not that great, 1.08 is up. This is especially funny because GoG usually has very delayed patches compared to steam, I guess the developers warned them ahead of time to expect a flurry of hotfixes.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Nobody is uploading every GOG version that comes out, unless either I'm not looking in the right place or I don't know some secret, like GOG Galaxy updating your game even if you don't have it your library, but I don't think that's the case.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nobody is uploading every GOG version that comes out, unless either I'm not looking in the right place or I don't know some secret, like GOG Galaxy updating your game even if you don't have it your library, but I don't think that's the case.
The last uploaded GoG version is on 1.08.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Honestly i don't know what kind of one eyed,three fingered drunken autistic inbreed was writing the triggers in the first place. It is some extremely basic shit.
I have the feeling that the game was made by two teams. One of them was the mechanical and was made by professionals.The other team was the quest team and was made by random people off the street. I am yet to see some mechanical problem,every thing outside of the quests is top notch.
Well, tasks such as the most low-level quest implementation is usually left to the bottom of the food chain, junior devs. I know some game schools in Germany (as I have studied and lectured in some).
Let me say I am not too surprised. Those with skill quickly grow past these roles.

But again, in this case I highly suspect it was rushed out of the door without proper testing first for Christmas.
Maybe they tested if the basic stuff works via skirmish or what, but they clearly did not "have the time" to do proper campaign testing.
As if lower than necessary scores ever helped a title. But publishers gonna publish ;)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hehe

And now the seniors has to pay for the mistakes (If that now is the case). Circle of life.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Honestly i don't know what kind of one eyed,three fingered drunken autistic inbreed was writing the triggers in the first place. It is some extremely basic shit.
Well, tasks such as the most low-level quest implementation is usually left to the bottom of the food chain, junior devs. I know some game schools in Germany (as I have studied and lectured in some).
Let me say I am not too surprised. Those with skill quickly grow past these roles.

But again, in this case I highly suspect it was rushed out of the door without proper testing first for Christmas.
Maybe they tested if the basic stuff works via skirmish or what, but they clearly did not "have the time" to do proper campaign testing.
As if lower than necessary scores ever helped a title. But publishers gonna publish ;)
Yeah i agree with you mate. But i can't see anyone that have studied IT to make such a basic mistakes. My whole programming experience was drinking Vodka and vomiting in a bucket while messing around in c and c++ for year 15 years ago. The good old time where you had to write all that shit on hand on txt. And even i would spot such mistakes. If this is actually a student then Germany have really low bar of admission.

hehe

And now the seniors has to pay for the mistakes (If that now is the case). Circle of life.
In life only the children pay the price or live the live of comfort.Depending on the quality of the former generation. Seeing our generation i am afraid to have children one day,don't want them to live in progressive caliphate.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Yeah i agree with you mate. But i can't see anyone that have studied IT to make such a basic mistakes. My whole programming experience was drinking Vodka and vomiting in a bucket while messing around in c and c++ for year 15 years ago. The good old time where you had to write all that shit on hand on txt. And even i would spot such mistakes. If this is actually a student then Germany have really low bar of admission.
Nonono. Not university students. Not IT. Even if IT students are horrible programmers usually, they must be good at something to pass all the requirements for bachelor & master...
What I'm talking about, Game Design schools have no bar of admission other than "your parents can pay the monthly fee". You're still called a student there, or at least that's the best translation I can come up with (English is lacking, news at 11).
And how skilled a student comes out of those is mostly dependent on how talented the student was to begin with.
In classes of 10-15 that I've seen, there are usually 2-3 really promising students. The rest... is the rest.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
The assasin chick you get from the elven recruitment mission is pretty good too. 330 damage that does triple the amount if the target has full HP and at max rank it teleports to the target. Good bye squishy mages. Probably good bye to everyone else as well with enough of an investment in your weapon stat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nonono. Not university students. Not IT. Even if IT students are horrible programmers usually, they must be good at something to pass all the requirements for bachelor & master...
What I'm talking about, Game Design schools have no bar of admission other than "your parents can pay the monthly fee". You're still called a student there, or at least that's the best translation I can come up with (English is lacking, news at 11).
And how skilled a student comes out of those is mostly dependent on how talented the student was to begin with.
In classes of 10-15 that I've seen, there are usually 2-3 really promising students. The rest... is the rest.
Yeah i know what are you talking about, professional/half-high education. Hahaha i remember how we were joking with my friends that one of us is the most educated because he had it (it is only 2 years). The irony is that he is now the only one that have high education and the rest of us dropped out :) . The bigger irony is that nobody is working what they studied,life is a strange thing. Any way the modern educations is shit across Europa and the Americas.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The assasin chick you get from the elven recruitment mission is pretty good too. 330 damage that does triple the amount if the target has full HP and at max rank it teleports to the target. Good bye squishy mages. Probably good bye to everyone else as well with enough of an investment in your weapon stat.
Nah it is pretty hard to use that skill. Most enemies get damaged really fast,before you can target them. Also my version is lacking hp and get downed fast. The most useful companion until now is the nigger/arab wizard...:negative:. But i just go with those that i like the most and have interesting dialogue,the first two and some bonus like the assassin or the demonologist. It is strange how their skills make no cannon game sense. A scholar dwarf that is a tank,demonologist wizard that have no spells and is a mele damage dealer,a healer that is an archer,a knight/paladin that turns out to be a full magic user.I am still waiting for my twohader and my real archer.....more accurately said would be that i am waiting for a patch....:negative:.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom