Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Vatnik Wumao
For multiplayer? No. Base game already has that.

Antorus

Novice
I'd be willing to play new campaigns in SF3 for a long time without many more game play changes tbh, but it seems with all the voice acting and overall higher production values they must be pretty time consuming and costly to make.

Antorus

Novice
Aaaand it's out. Can't wait to grab the TROLL BOIS, I just hope they are OP as shit as trolls should be

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL and then i just watched the trailer and decided to not even bother pirating it. Not interesting playing as retarded trolls lol. Good luck anyway,hope there is another DLC.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a bit pricey for me atm, especially since I'm upgrading basically all my computer parts and I haven't finished 3 or Soul Harvest yet. I'll probably get it in the next few months though.

Parabalus

Arcane
Given how many patches the base game and SH received waiting a few months is likely the best option.

The 100% troll protagonists is tempting though.

Will the SpellForce 3 base game and its expansions ever be in the same client?
– That's our goal once we fully reworked the main game campaign.

This will probably be done in a year or two.

These edition though:

f957572887b8e28ede0b34c5c3f89f80939055e6.jpg

I wonder who comes up with this, and how it's paying off.

Parabalus

Arcane
:prosper:
Nigga the expansion didn't have problems on release,at least in the single. The patches must be about multi balance and such.

Did anyone finish it? I just returned from a nice vocation(if walking 30 kilometres a day that) and a reading my self to ravage some dark elfs.

I'm about halfway, but ran into some bugs (sidequests), so I'm waiting on patches.

I finished the game with only two unfinished side quests because of a map bug. It is pretty good actual expansion,the whole campaign must be long as the original. Mechanically i liked the old skill three and ui better,the strategy have some improvement but it is still too easy and the AI is pretty bad. I don't get why people say it is hard,haven't seen a single mission that was challenging. The writing is still the best thing about the game but it does have its sjw garbage. It doesn't let you have an opinion on what is good and evil and just proclaims it,the whole dwarfen quest line leaves bad taste in your mouth. The companions are well written and interesting,also it have an option to go full party creation.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I question why they are making these expansions standalone, in effect creating artificial problems like in that table. Would anyone play/buy Fallen God without playing the other ones?

Vatnik Wumao
LoL and then i just watched the trailer and decided to not even bother pirating it. Not interesting playing as retarded trolls lol. Good luck anyway,hope there is another DLC.
Mate, the troll protagonist shtick was advertised from the get-go.
I question why they are making these expansions standalone, in effect creating artificial problems like in that table. Would anyone play/buy Fallen God without playing the other ones?
The atavistic legacy of Spellforce 2's later expansions I'd wager.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Loved the original SF3 campaign.
The Soul Harvest expansion was great as well.
I don't doubt Fallen Gods will at least be interesting.

The FULL PVP one is even more puzzling to me.
Who gives a fuck about MP on this one?
I mean, I could see co-op being interesting if I had anyone to play RTS co-op with (not really my GF's cup of tea).
What does PvP even mean in the context of this game?
There already is multiplayer where you obviously play player vs player.

Or is this some kind of free-to-play standalone for online play only?
Similar to SC2?
I could at least understand the idea behind that, even if I don't think the game was successful enough to warrant such a thing?

Vatnik Wumao
Cute as always. :love:

That aside, although I haven't replayed neither SF1 nor SF2 in a long, the latter and its first two expansions weren't that bad from what I can recall. Also, coincidentally or not, I think that it was with the third expansion that they adopted the separate expansion model which is present in SF3.

Parabalus

Arcane
Or is this some kind of free-to-play standalone for online play only?
Similar to SC2?
I could at least understand the idea behind that, even if I don't think the game was successful enough to warrant such a thing?

That's it. I also don't think the game is popular enough for that.

They seemingly added a ranked ladder though, so who knows?

Lacrymas

Arcane
What does PvP even mean in the context of this game?
It's base building vs base building like every other RTS ever. Or you are asking what PvP-only means? It means you don't have access to the singleplayer campaign, only online matches against other people.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is free to play, I guess they want to enlarge their player base. Considering WC3 remake went bust and SC2 further development is dead maybe they want to become a premier RTS MP game.
I played a bit of Skirmish with previous versions of SF3, it was not bad.

Vatnik Wumao
It is free to play, I guess they want to enlarge their player base. Considering WC3 remake went bust and SC2 further development is dead maybe they want to become a premier RTS MP game.
As long as that wouldn't mean that they'd neglect the series' RPG elements in subsequent releases, I wish them the best.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The RTS parts aren't anywhere near as good as SC1 or 2, so good luck with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom