Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs - Weaver's Realms expansion coming September 30th

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems this game requires Win10.. I guess I will not be playing it afterall.. I do not need to play is that much that I want to first spend 5+ hours backing up and then reinstalling everything from zero.
You could test a "free" version to see if it works, some games still run on Win7 despite officially requiring Win10. As long as you have 64bit, and did updates on other dependencies(DirectX, .Net) once in a while.
Tnx for this suggestion. It seems it does work on Win7 :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
One thing I already noticed is that there is either only one huge map with 5 starting locations or only 5 maps to play on.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
How's the performance/optimization? Even though I have a 4K TV, may have to drop all the way down to 1080P due to the high system requirements in order to get high/consistent frame rates.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game seems pretty meh also buggy. You could only choose three classes and the custom mage is just choose one the three classes but larp as you had a choice in it. Very few spells to research for now. Also games crashes the moment i kill certain stack of orks lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
the game is a buggy mess lol,can't load after battles and the game crashes,units get stuck and unable to move or do anything,the combat end screen gets stuck and you have close the game,it is a mess and annoying time wasting one. Lost nearly an hour by now from retarded bugs.

ArchAngel

Arcane
the game is a buggy mess lol,can't load after battles and the game crashes,units get stuck and unable to move or do anything,the combat end screen gets stuck and you have close the game,it is a mess and annoying time wasting one. Lost nearly an hour by now from retarded bugs.
I don't have any of these problems. What starting position did you choose?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oi, fantadomat, could you answer my question? Can you pick whatever race & class combo you want like in AoW titles or how does it work?
No,you pick from three premade classes that are pretty boring and feel like shit. You could choose between alchemist,crafting dude and necro faggot. There is custom mage option.....but is literally you choosing one of those three classes and think that you made your own mage,it is pretty much identical.

I don't have any of these problems. What starting position did you choose?
Don't really remember,the one with the necros and orks,one next to the last one i think.

Nelka

Educated
One thing I already noticed is that there is either only one huge map with 5 starting locations or only 5 maps to play on.
"Explore over 600 adventures different with each procedurally generated campaign"
Looks like only goals are generated and there's only one map (The Eo World, as the subtitle says)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For now the game is pretty much meh. Can't even choose starting race and you always start with filthy gobos. The tower and the main protag doesn't seem like advancing anyway. The crafting is pretty boring because you collect all kind of trash that is not even that clear what you need to do,then you see that it crafts useless shit. Have like 20 runes and all of them are useless for the combat party. The game would have been far better with a real time with pause main game,paradox type.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Creating your own wizard - it's not identical to picking a pre-made one. Yeah, you can only pick the "big" mechanic from one of the pre-made ones, but you get to choose your own starting magic schools. There is no pre-made wizard that starts with mentalism too.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It does seem p raw after playing it for a couple of hours.

There's very few spells and they tend not to be particularly thrilling. Stuff like -1 armor to a stack when unit skills constantly give bonuses like +6 attack/dmg vs armored/shielded.

The rune crafting mechanic (that's the one I got with my pick) seems meh and the UI for it + depending on random drops is horrible. Manually adding stuff and waiting separately each time I want to give a unit +hp or burning attacks? Yikes.

I get the rationale for most resource structures being finite (to keep your ass moving), but the economy seems very clunky/random and the progress is, too. Like, I've unlocked what seems like majority of available spells, but at a same time not a single new unit or chamber and only one level of the tower. Also, the mining/harvesting mechanic seems like something that will get really old really fast.

I still like what I see from AoW3-like combat, supposedly you can get bigger stacks later and with more unlocked units it seems like something that can get pretty incline.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
"Explore over 600 adventures different with each procedurally generated campaign"
Looks like only goals are generated and there's only one map (The Eo World, as the subtitle says)
That's terrible

Nelka

Educated
That's terrible
Probably. That's why I would rather wait for 10h+ reviews. Basically this is only Spellforce game by the name, it's different dev. Same happened to the third entry, but I guess that was a good game, after all

Lyre Mors

Arcane

More than okay with there being one large map, but the generated goals kind of kills it for me. This trend in gaming needs to stop.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LOL buahahahah there is a little triangle in the menus up right,click it. There is the generic 4x triangle that allows you allocate certain resource. By default it is put to give you equal number of mana and research......while on the third place is mastery,which looks like spellpoints,thus i ignored it. Later on i found out that it is about leveling your mage and giving you big bonuses,so put it on max if you don't want to gim yourself lol.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Basically this is only Spellforce game by the name, it's different dev.
They are the devs that made Spellforce 1 and 2. The SF3 guys were the different devs.

RE: Procedural campaign - they mean the adventures you get are random. The map is handcrafted and the adventures themselves are handwritten.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom