Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat modding

Gord

Arcane
And how would one fix that?

Grim Monk

Arcane
I remember someone here saying that the stuttering (and fps loss) was caused by the game/mod looking for files in a language that you didn't have installed or something like that.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if it helps:
My version is the USA copy published by "Viva Media".

Also it's a clean install, so no mods...

Old One

Arcane
I've been playing Call of Pripyat lately, and I quite like it. I finished it with vanilla plus Atmosfear 3. Now I've installed Misery 2.1.1 and I like it for the most part.

I'm wondering whether anyone's tried the Call of Chernobyl mod that purports to include all the maps from all three games. There's some discussion of merging Misery and CoC in the future.

:necro:

Men, what the fuck! I installed Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 for gun pr0n, but it broke all the intro/ending videos. Google has no advice, new AI has no advice, I need some fucking advice!

Iucounu

Educated
If I were to mod CoP I'd:

- Replace the boring ambience music, perhaps with that from the previous games (mostly MoozE's, but Omelchuk also have a couple of good tracks in Clear Sky).

- Replace all the boring voice acting with that from the previous games, where possible.

- Make anomalies much more lethal. CoP feels like a kindergarten.

- Remove all anomaly locations on the PDA map, so the player gets a chance to explore the gameworld himself.

- Fix the economy: top tier artifacts should not respawn; like in the previous games, artifacts should be rare treasures kept for stat boosting, not for making money by selling. Less of the wonder drugs that fix every ailment.

- Remove the mutant spamming that occurs after most side quests.

- Remove the bizarre arrangement where Bandits/Stalkers and Duty/Freedom share the same bases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom