Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Curratum

You have the power to conquer autism, Edija! Realizing you have an issue is the first and most important step! You can work through it, I have faith in you!

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Neither. Dead Air is an abhorrent pile of shit, Anomaly has good intentions but gets bogged down in all the horrible Misery shit that it chose to drag along for some reason.
Anomaly has some of the elements of Misery.... but it definitely has the good elements that make the game challenging and fun, not the idiotic grinding from the later Misery projects

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Road to the North is more story focused but so far most quest are copy-pasted from original trilogy with some tweaks.

Anomaly also have some quest lines
Story
Integrated: "Lost of the Zone" storylines addon into Anomaly. A set of 3 storylines surrounds old and new characers and events
Part 1 - Living Legend: a famous stalker has returned to the Zone. Pursue him in order to obtain his invaluable knowledge.
Part 2 - Mortal Sin: a sinister faction emerges from obscurity to take over the Zone. You are the only one who can stop them.
Part 3 - Operation Afterglow: the Zone attracts a lot of attention. However, some people believe that its many secrets are best kept hidden.

"Mysteries of the Zone", "Lost to the Zone" and DRX Questlines are all merged inside Story mode so the player can play what he wants. They are not available for Warfare and Azazel mode.
All storylines won't be available at the start of the game. Ask stalkers around for new information or rumors. Some are willing to give you leads.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
The Anomaly mod looks impressive, apparently combining the huge COC open-world overhaul with actual storyline quests and interesting crafting and lots of things to do. But I played a few minutes of it and came across a building with a friendly faction in it being attacked by a huge, bloated Jabba The Hut-esque mutant, with one guy shooting at it frantically from behind while another guy stoically stands guard at the door, doing absolutely nothing, letting the mutant claw, bite, suck and pummel him. I uninstalled it right then and there. Maybe I'll come back when it's a little more polished. I tend to have fun with S.T.A.L.K.E.R mods... until the bugs come, then I get the hell out of there.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
AI in this game have it's bad moment unfortunately and that's the case for all games and mods.

some random shitpostin' from other forum
0069F4FDDCF0D7D7B848D00E3EE18433CDD6A694
K9BCntt3ukY.jpg
c01.jpg.7c4e5c3c6fe1300064e865e1a434ea44.jpg
ss_kacper_02-16-19_15-35-43_(l08_yantar).jpg.f1a06e89ea302eabde091571b1b59ace.jpg
Xt1BH5Vtudw.jpg

razvedchiki

Erudite
anyone remembers how to start the main quest in dead air?i have a vague memory of speaking to some doctor in the swamp but havent found him in the clear sky base where i think he was.

also anomaly has more/bigger main quest?

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
anyone remembers how to start the main quest in dead air?i have a vague memory of speaking to some doctor in the swamp but havent found him in the clear sky base where i think he was.

also anomaly has more/bigger main quest?

The main quest of sorts of Dead Air is indeed started by talking to the Doc. He usually hangs around the Clear Sky base but I've seen him all around the Swamp, there are small shacks north/northwest of the CS base, I've seen him there too.

Anomaly now has integrated quest lines from the Lost to the Zone mod. So yes, a bigger "main quest" if you want to take it like that.

razvedchiki

Erudite
npc detection in dead air is either bugged or nerfed,i can crouch in the open 20 m infront of them and they dont see me.
especially at night you can stand infront of them and still they cant spot you,and their headlights make them easy to snipe.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
npc detection in dead air is either bugged or nerfed,i can crouch in the open 20 m infront of them and they dont see me.
especially at night you can stand infront of them and still they cant spot you,and their headlights make them easy to snipe.

It was fucked up to "make stealth viable", I use a lot of addons/mods and one of them fixes their detection ranges as well.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Edija the detection range fix you use is save game combatible?
i actually found doc above the rookie village in cordon,some days later i found him dead in a camp in swamp.
also npcs many times cant kill a rat,they stand frozen as they get mauled by cats/dogs etc.

Last edited:

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Edija the detection range fix you use is save game combatible?
i actually found doc above the rookie village in cordon,some days later i found him dead in a camp in swamp.
also npcs many times cant kill a rat,they stand frozen as they get mauled by cats/dogs etc.

Yes, it should be compatible. In any other case use a mod manager.

razvedchiki

Erudite
so i have 120k and im thinking of getting the merc pass for their glorius guns,problem is their base in dead city requires to pass through bloodsucker downtown.
also the best armor between the merc/bar/duty/ecologists armor is the ecologists one right?since it costs the most........

Edija

Arcane
Patron
so i have 120k and im thinking of getting the merc pass for their glorius guns,problem is their base in dead city requires to pass through bloodsucker downtown.
also the best armor between the merc/bar/duty/ecologists armor is the ecologists one right?since it costs the most........

I'm not a expert on this, but I'd advise to google what the merchants are selling and what you can get from giving them documents (you expand trader inventories by giving them docs from the labs). I bought a shotgun off the Mercs, but I wouldn't buy a NATO rifle since I have no idea how to get sufficient ammo for it, I use an AK and fighting the Military usually gives me enough ammo. I haven't seen a lot of different armors, I use the Eco one because of the health regen and resistances, Monolith/Military do so much damage with their rifles anyway that you're basically fucked if you're hit anyway.

I'd recommend using the mod that disables shared faction relations, it's a poor thought out process where, for example, killing the Military will result in hostile scientists as well. And in one point of the game it's almost impossible to not kill the Military patrols if you have no positive rep with them. Also, buying the truce will only give you a limited time of neutral relations with the Mercs/Military. You have to use that time to grind rep with them if you want to stay friendly after the time has run out.

razvedchiki

Erudite
FINALLY got my eco suit and an upgraded gas mask,i can now harvest artifacts much more safely.
went with the military to see their weapons and they dont have any good shotgun or armor,their missions also will get me in trouble with factions im at 1000 reputation.their greatest advantage is that their base is in close proximity to the bar in rostok and their permit costs 25k.making the trip to their base makes for a relatively safe journey comparing to the merc base.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
FINALLY got my eco suit and an upgraded gas mask,i can now harvest artifacts much more safely.
went with the military to see their weapons and they dont have any good shotgun or armor,their missions also will get me in trouble with factions im at 1000 reputation.their greatest advantage is that their base is in close proximity to the bar in rostok and their permit costs 25k.making the trip to their base makes for a relatively safe journey comparing to the merc base.

The shotgun the Mercs sell is quite okay. I upgraded to a SPAS-12 I took of a Monolith guy later. Personally, I rolled with Duty when it comes to Docs and shit, I think you can get an Exo from them. Not sure about that yet though.

razvedchiki

Erudite
damn i went too late to the merc base and the shotgun costs 30k from 22k.getting the documents from the labs is part of the main quest?

i went to limansk for some merc missions but apparently i cant cross the whole map,there is an invisible wall in the middle of the map.the area of the mission in near the entrance of the abandoned hospital,which requires to go through 5 maps to get to.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom