Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront

GrainWetski

Arcane
Just because it isn't perfect, doesn't mean it's not fun or an enjoyable game.
Then why not play a more near-perfect game that is more fun and enjoyable?
I don't want to shut my brain off everytime to be able to somehow enjoy the latest modern popamole multiplayer shooter.

Because there are no near perfect star wars fps shooters other than this one. And no, not battlefront 1 or 2.

Like i said, this game has some thinking going on in combat
Regenerating grenades and built-in cheats doesn't sound like it requires much thinking to me.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just because it isn't perfect, doesn't mean it's not fun or an enjoyable game.
Then why not play a more near-perfect game that is more fun and enjoyable?
I don't want to shut my brain off everytime to be able to somehow enjoy the latest modern popamole multiplayer shooter.

Because there are no near perfect star wars fps shooters other than this one. And no, not battlefront 1 or 2.

Like i said, this game has some thinking going on in combat
Regenerating grenades and built-in cheats doesn't sound like it requires much thinking to me.

The game currently has balance and bug issues, and I've said. They will be fixed. No need to whine about it, since DICE is aware of it.

TB has cancer. Disregard his opinion, as it is edgy and not objective.

Hey what's with the edgy review TB, are you butt-hurt bro? Oh....oohhhh...

Yeah, having a shit life and knowing that your life is probably gonna end or turn to shit in the near-future kind of gets you angry, depressed and very edgy.

Kind of like 90 % of codexers :)

Plus, isn't it rectal/colonal cancer that he has as well?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

Yeah, having a shit life and knowing that your life is probably gonna end or turn to shit in the near-future kind of gets you angry, depressed and very edgy.

Kidney AFAIK. Pretty much a death sentence. He's got a few years left at best.

Kidney AFAIK. Pretty much a death sentence. He's got a few years left at best.

Liver metastases from the bowel primary he had resected per wikipedia.

Cadmus

Arcane
intitium is breaking my troll detector....I want to believe he is truly retarded but he's taking so far that it's hard for me to believe at this point.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Don't worry. It will pick up as soon as the movie releases, and the subsequent DLC releases etc.

The HYPE alone will generate more players.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-after-gamestop-claim-launch-underperformed

EA defends Star Wars Battlefront sales after GameStop claims launch "underperformed"

EA has defended Star Wars Battlefront's launch sales after US retail giant GameStop claimed the game had "underperformed".

Earlier this week, GameStop exec Tony Bartel told retail investors that a number of key November games had sold less than the chain had expected.

Star Wars Battlefront was one of three titles listed, along with Halo 5 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Now, EA's Peter Moore has spoken out to investors to say the publisher was still standing by its target of 13m Battlefront copies sold by the end of March 2016.

"[GameStop's] comments were interesting and little bit of a surprise to us particularly as the CFO in the call then started to correct the COO [Bartel] as the call went on," Moore explained. "So from our perspective I'm here to reaffirm our guidance of 13m units sold in for the fiscal year.

"There is no weakness that is perceptible yet in the title and I want everybody understand that based on where we think this title is and based on the marketing beats ahead of us, in particular the movie launch over the next two weeks, we feel very comfortable we're going to hit the guidance that we've given analysts, investors and Wall Street alike."

Star Wars Battlefront launched in third place within the UK all formats chart, behind November franchise titans Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and FIFA 16.

EA has yet to detail sales figures, although the game will no doubt get a big boost with the launch of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in cinemas this month.

Battlefront launched its first free DLC, Battle of Jakku, this week.

"We're not going to quantify it in terms of actual numbers," GameStop's Bartel said of Battlefront earlier this week, "but we had high expectations that diminished somewhat as it got closer and it failed to hit those lowered expectations."

Elsewhere in EA's investor briefing, the company confirmed it did not have an annual schedule for Star Wars game releases. The company is also working on an Uncharted-style Star Wars game directed by ex-Naughty Dog alumna Amy Hennig.

Next financial year (April 2016 to March 2017) will see the launch of a new Battlefield title and Mass Effect Andromeda, EA concluded.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Yeah new map is ok, not as fun as the others, but ok..

I'm finding Heroes vs Villians tons of fun :) Best mode after Walker Assault

Astral Rag

Arcane
Wait, you declinefags actually bought this EA popamole?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not worse than 90 % of the codex playing FO4, though. But yes, I bought it, loved it, got my moneys worth. :)

pippin

The game itself had potential but it was ruined by teh questionable design choices made by DICE and EA. I've not played it though, but watched many videos.
I think a free for all deathmatch approach could help most of these "competitive" games... It's like the objectives, perks and shit add way too much abstract elements to it. You just want to shoot things goddamn it? Why can't people have fun right away?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom