Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Now I haven't seen much about this but I just had this strange premonition (grog induced) that somehow, beyond all hope, this might turn out good. Don't ask me why. Call it a disturbance in the force. Just thought I'd post in case it does and I can look back and say 'Fuck I'm a genius/jedi/soothsayer/whatever'.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Lol I had no idea it was even made by ubisoft. A cheers emoji would have sufficed. Make no mistake, I assume everything will be shit, usually.

Lemming42

Arcane
It looks okay, it'll be a fun game if they let you approach missions in your own way, picking anything between total stealth and total armageddon.

Skipped through the videos there and it looks like you've got the usual knockout takedown and a stun setting for your gun, which could be a lot of fun if they're implemented in interesting ways (they won't be). I liked beating the shit out of people in AssCreed Odyssey and inviting them onto the crew, stuff like that's a lot of fun and makes the stealth/nonviolent route feel distinct.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's clearly your pop corn open world, but even in that genre, there are terrible and fairly good ones. I'm a bit hopeful it'll be enjoyable although it's not going to be a classic.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
It looks okay
200w.gif

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you can mod the appearence of the tranny protagonist it could be somewhat okay
Yeah, I could have enjoyed this as some casual fun, much like that Star Wars Jedi slop. But man, the main protagonist ruins it. You are supposed to be playing this rough bandit-esque type that uses intimidation as one of the tactics to get his way, but running around as a tiny weird-looking goblin chick destroys any immersion of ever embracing that role. Also, she is clearly based on Han Solo, even the shooting stance is the same, which creates additional oddness. Real shame.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If you can mod the appearence of the tranny protagonist it could be somewhat okay
Yeah, I could have enjoyed this as some casual fun, much like that Star Wars Jedi slop. But man, the main protagonist ruins it. You are supposed to be playing this rough bandit-esque type that uses intimidation as one of the tactics to get his way, but running around as a tiny weird-looking goblin chick destroys any immersion of ever embracing that role. Also, she is clearly based on Han Solo, even the shooting stance is the same, which creates additional oddness. Real shame.
Bigot!
You will play as uggo goblin Scoundrel and you will like it.
The Force is female!!!

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't understand the hate. At most Jedi Survivor plays like a game from the Xbox 360 era, which is a novelty in itself. The story is pretty poor, however.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't understand the hate. At most Jedi Survivor plays like a game from the Xbox 360 era, which is a novelty in itself. The story is pretty poor, however.
Plays like The Force Unleashed and it is still the inferior game.

deuxhero

Arcane
Star Wars fans have been asking for more modern, rated M (think cutting people in half with lightsaber or blowing them up with ion grenades) open world “rpg” based in the SW universe since forever. And now they make one but what do they do? Make the protagonist a woman, and you can’t even change the gender. Most people who watch Star Wars are men, and the vast majority of people who actually know, research, and are real fans of Star Wars are men. And let me guess, real world politics will be center point during the playthrough. No thanks, Star Wars is dead.
It's not just Star Wars fans but I think there's a decently sized large audience that hasn't been properly catered to since the Mass Effect trilogy, which was Bioware's budget brand version of Star Wars. And something that people have also been asking for and wanted for a long time is that experience but being able to play as something else than the vanilla male or female human that they like to restrict the player to for some reason. At the very least a competent developer would let the player get a go at playing as a Twi'lek, or Zabrak, or Chiss, since armor, clothes and animations wouldn't need to be changed.

If you love RPGs like I do then Star Wars is a hotbed for neat possible character concepts. Personally I'd like to see a Star Wars CRPG with full party creation featuring at least some of these races but I know I'm in the minority. :mad:

diNhBHU.png

Wouldn't that be cool? A party of six or eight? Just me? Okay. Maybe Ubisoft tried to compromise by not only forcing you to play as a human, but also as the most alien looking goblina conceived by man, but I can't say that makes me very excited for the game. Meanwhile it seems like corporations are purposefully ignoring this neglected audience that wants to create a character that they have ownership over and go on wacky pulp space adventures in a light RPG featuring well-written characters and possibly romances, because people are getting too horny of late. It doesn't need to be divisive and tribalist, just let the player make whatever character they want and let them meet attractive or at least interesting people and aliens that are well written and either likeable or asshole scoundrels that you love to hate. It's really not that hard.
Jawas are just rat-heads according to the novelization of the original film. They belong in the same class as Sullustan.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Star Wars fans have been asking for more modern, rated M (think cutting people in half with lightsaber or blowing them up with ion grenades) open world “rpg” based in the SW universe since forever. And now they make one but what do they do? Make the protagonist a woman, and you can’t even change the gender. Most people who watch Star Wars are men, and the vast majority of people who actually know, research, and are real fans of Star Wars are men. And let me guess, real world politics will be center point during the playthrough. No thanks, Star Wars is dead.
It's not just Star Wars fans but I think there's a decently sized large audience that hasn't been properly catered to since the Mass Effect trilogy, which was Bioware's budget brand version of Star Wars. And something that people have also been asking for and wanted for a long time is that experience but being able to play as something else than the vanilla male or female human that they like to restrict the player to for some reason. At the very least a competent developer would let the player get a go at playing as a Twi'lek, or Zabrak, or Chiss, since armor, clothes and animations wouldn't need to be changed.

If you love RPGs like I do then Star Wars is a hotbed for neat possible character concepts. Personally I'd like to see a Star Wars CRPG with full party creation featuring at least some of these races but I know I'm in the minority. :mad:

diNhBHU.png

Wouldn't that be cool? A party of six or eight? Just me? Okay. Maybe Ubisoft tried to compromise by not only forcing you to play as a human, but also as the most alien looking goblina conceived by man, but I can't say that makes me very excited for the game. Meanwhile it seems like corporations are purposefully ignoring this neglected audience that wants to create a character that they have ownership over and go on wacky pulp space adventures in a light RPG featuring well-written characters and possibly romances, because people are getting too horny of late. It doesn't need to be divisive and tribalist, just let the player make whatever character they want and let them meet attractive or at least interesting people and aliens that are well written and either likeable or asshole scoundrels that you love to hate. It's really not that hard.
Jawas are just rat-heads according to the novelization of the original film. They belong in the same class as Sullustan.
Aren't they also related to the Sand people?
I remember in Kotor that they were not like this/or were changed by the Rakata after they glassed the surface of Tattooine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom