Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

Modron

Arcane
Kay needs a bigger ass and a haircut.

Then there's the issue with the game itself...
There was a different haircut for her younger years in some of the scenes that frames her face much better, I am sure some modder will replace her mom mullet in the rest the game with it eventually.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Star Wars Outlaws | Final Previews:

▪️ Open world feels more "organic" than other Ubisoft games
▪️ Locations and special events will occur randomly similar to RDR2
▪️ Faction reputation system is a big part of the game
▪️ Siding with a faction can give access to new areas and settlements, discounts with vendors, exclusive jobs,and cosmetics
▪️ Nailed the Star Wars look and feel
▪️Kay seems to be a good protagonist - a scoundrel like Han Solo
▪️ Stealth
▪️ Hacking minigame
▪️ Blaster combat with different abilities and firing modes
▪️ Use Nix your loveable companion to distract enemies scan the area, and much more
▪️ Best part of the game is getting lost in a Star Wars open world
Space combat feels lackluster but isn't a huge part of the game
Gunplay and combat feel "sluggish" and fairly simple

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
When disneybucks can't buy you a good game, at least it can buy you people that'll tell you it's a good game.

Lemming42

Arcane
Excited for this now, should be good fun. The mutually exclusive faction system sounds interesting. Still waiting to see if you can pacifist the whole game (with stealth, KO, and blaster set to stun) because I absolutely eat that shit up.

Nix sucks ass though. I hope you can leave that fucker behind. All the "cute" companions in Star Wars games suck. That shitty little droid thing in the Cal Kestis games, uuugh.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Excited for this now, should be good fun. The mutually exclusive faction system sounds interesting. Still waiting to see if you can pacifist the whole game (with stealth, KO, and blaster set to stun) because I absolutely eat that shit up.
I agree.

Nix sucks ass though. I hope you can leave that fucker behind. All the "cute" companions in Star Wars games suck. That shitty little droid thing in the Cal Kestis games, uuugh.
Forget it. You will learn to love Nix :)

Freedos

Educated
The faction system doesn't look bad, but the stealth looks very mediocre, specially if it will be so strict in story missions. And the combat...I'm replaying Dark Forces games and looking Outlaws is so let down. And the hacking system doesn't look appealing either. Not being totally terrible? Well, we are talking about a Ubisoft 30 hour open world game, so I don't know if this game won't overstate its welcome (again). The Gmanlives preview is so weird and pointless. He should stick with early access games and full releases, and this game will be released VERY soon. And saying the woman's face is just like a scanning face problem, who believes that? Seriously? Videogames didn't born yesterday.

Freedos

Educated
I'm replaying Dark Forces games and looking Outlaws is so let down.

I agree with some of your remarks, but
you're surprised that an open world action adventure doesn't play like a Star Wars skinned Doom clone?

Out of curiosity, did your mother ever drop you on your head when you were a baby?
Dark Forces was more than a Doom clone, specially the second one. Both games were very innovative in its time and Outlaws smells like a mere checking all the boxes and not much else.

I was making the comparison about the action part. Yes, Outlaws is not a shooter and no one would expect a game like Dark Forces. But both are Star Wars action games about playing as a Han Solo type character (well, in Dark Forces II a little more than that). In Dark Forces gunplay is very good, you have a lot of fun weapons and gadgets, verticality and makes you feel like you're a chad mercenary badass. Combat in Outlaws (in the videos at least) seems sooo bland and popamole, and playing as a, uh, character.

We'll see about other aspects like the open world design, the faction system and the story, but...it doesn't look very promising at this moment. The main character design, well, a female Han Solo my ass. Among other reasons, the young Harrison Ford was smoking hot for women. The Star Wars Outlaws protagonist, well, is...something else. Because "reasons".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom