Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

lightbane

Arcane
Bloodless laser knife cut, that's okay.
It's a thing in that Solo movie, which was basically similar to this game but way better, with the MC actually doing stuff to change the world (except for the enslaved children, whom they forgot about halfway through the movie). This game, according to your review, plays it safe due to the Disney virus. It's also self-contained so that writers don't have to worry about how to make it fit in the setting.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Trooper armour is canonically made of papier mache from a galaxy far far away, it's always been dog shit for pretty much anything.

For the game though, the hilarious thing is where a trooper might take something like 6-8 shots to go down because Kay's blaster sucks ass, but can be beat down in 3 punches. Ironically, the WEG SWRPG tabletop rules (which were and are awesome, btw) had similar dynamics going on, so there's a proud tradition being carried on. :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Love the guy that throws one of the Ewoks into the bushes like it's an old fridge he is illegally dumping.

lightbane

Arcane
I believe power armor in the Fantasy Flight game was actually good. Then again, it probably referred to non Imperial power armor. The clone squads were also very good against non Jedi IIRC.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their aim is lore accurate to the films at least. Well, except when they are blasting jawas.

Beowulf

Arcane
Trooper armour is canonically made of papier mache from a galaxy far far away, it's always been dog shit for pretty much anything.

For the game though, the hilarious thing is where a trooper might take something like 6-8 shots to go down because Kay's blaster sucks ass, but can be beat down in 3 punches. Ironically, the WEG SWRPG tabletop rules (which were and are awesome, btw) had similar dynamics going on, so there's a proud tradition being carried on. :lol:

iaMhY92.png

Mortmal

Arcane
xgj3DDL.png

We're back to the prices of ten years ago. I remember selling at much higher prices and never touching it again. Back then, analysts were saying it was undervalued compared to U.S. game companies.

Do consoles still give enough of a push to physical media to even make physical sales matter at all anymore? I know investors are geriatric dumbasses who get confused by the idea of digital sales, but I thought for sure the latest console generation would have nailed shut the coffin on the relevancy of physical.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do consoles still give enough of a push to physical media to even make physical sales matter at all anymore? I know investors are geriatric dumbasses who get confused by the idea of digital sales, but I thought for sure the latest console generation would have nailed shut the coffin on the relevancy of physical.

No, the next ones are phasing drives out on all SKUs. The most die hard is Nintendo and even they're doing more eshop stuff now.

Ezekiel

Arcane
As I watched the beginning of this video, I wondered why the modern stealth-action game doesn't simply let the player shove people. So many enemies could be dispatched by throwing the protagonist at them. Would largely solve the problem of a little woman against stronger men. Don't know if the last screenshot has her above a drop, but included it anyway.

shove-them.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
As I watched the beginning of this video, I wondered why the modern stealth-action game doesn't simply let the player shove people.
Because that would require lot of work to program the physics behind every potential target, and that's something modern western devs can't or won't be able to.

Mortmal

Arcane
How could these imbeciles bungle up the gameplay so badly during the entire dev duration without anyone noticing/protesting? The leads ought to be fired.
It's very easy to understand why. In French companies, the management style is feudal, and those at the top tend to behave like god-kings. Underlings say nothing for fear of losing their jobs, and there's a big yes-man mentality. Then there's usually some sexual harassment cases as well, involving both genders. The wages are quite poor considering the long studies, so they aren't attracting the most gifted people either.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All the resident autistics and retards are here in full force to shit on a game they havent even played or even plan to play. Man you guys are pathetic. GO ahead and rate me retarded some more , yea guys that'll show em we are cool!

When normies are hating on the game with the same garbage you guys are using, You are no longer the edgy and/or cool ones.
Uh oh, another head blew up on the 'dex. Cleanup on aisle 5 please
No surprise here... he is from Massachusetts after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom