Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only difficult segment is getting nerfed. Great going there. Those parts actually had some tension to them.

spookyheart

Educated
Star Wars fans are like a abusive relationship they complain yet still draw onto the series till they end up a corpse.

Mortmal

Arcane
Things are apparently getting spicier for Ubisoft by the day.

How big is this investor? Unless it is top 3, nobody cares.

Clearly not in top 3, not 10 even.

QfPusRl.png

Mike (Gabe) liked it.

September 9, 2024

So Many Great Games!
By Gabe

Ale and Tale Tavern Star Wars Outlaws
I’m playing so much great stuff right now and new games I'm interested in keep coming out. After hearing about how great Space Marine 2 is from Jerry last night I am currently downloading it but I’m going to have a hard time fitting it in. I wanted to share where the bulk of my gaming hours have been going recently.

capsule_616x353%20%286%29.jy-Z6MSG.jpg

Ale and Tale Tavern is an excellent co-op game for up to four players. I’m playing it with Kara and we’re having a blast. You are tasked with managing and defending a medieval tavern. I tend to spend my time hunting animals and fishing in the areas around our establishment while Kara prefers cultivating the garden and cooking. When it’s time to open up someone will need to take orders and run food to tables while someone is in the back pulling drinks and putting dishes together. There is a friendly merchant nearby who will sell you new equipment for your kitchen and furniture for your tavern. It starts off pretty simple as you’ll only really be able to have one or two items on your menu but as the game progresses you will get all kinds of recipes for new drinks and food. Sometimes zombies will attack and you'll need to defend your space but it’s never overwhelming. The real stress in Ale and Tale comes when all your tables are full of people ordering food and you’re trying to make sure you get them what they want and don’t run out. It’s obviously made by a small team but the game is polished and a lot of fun. I highly recommend it!

I’m also still playing a lot of Star Wars Outlaws and it’s just getting better and better. I keep stopping to take photos of awesome new locations.

IMG_4193.zbcLLxza.jpg

I finally made it to Tatooine and it’s full of fan favorite spots right out of the original trilogy that look incredible.

IMG_4199.NsvIZggA.jpg

Outlaws delivers old school Star Wars fun that feels more like what we were getting in the eighties than what we’re getting today. You can tell a lot about a game by its subreddit and if you take a look at the one for Outlaws you’ll see it’s overwhelmingly positive. People are taking photos, sharing tips, showing off secrets they found and leaving glowing reviews. If you ask me this is the best single player Star Wars game since KOTOR. I honestly don’t know how it ended up as the latest punching bag for a specific group of “content creators”. These guys are more concerned with traffic to their YouTube videos than they are playing games and it shows. I’ve even seen them claim that any positive reviews of the game are paid for. This is some legitimate tin foil hat bullshit.

We’ve been around almost 30 years at this point. I think everyone knows you cannot pay me to say nice things about your game. I am not here for “likes” and I don’t give a fuck about “views”. I love video games and that’s why I make Penny Arcade and tell you guys my honest thoughts about what I’m playing. I’m telling you, if you are a Star Wars fan you should try Outlaws because it’s great and the people trying to tell you otherwise are full of shit.

Jerry (Tycho)'s gushing about Space Marine 2, for reference

September 9, 2024

Venerator

By Tycho

A wooly mix of Dune, Foundation, Catholicism somehow, and a uniquely British voice, the universe that underpins Warhammer 40k is something I can't really pretend to be a neutral observer on. My arc in the space is the same as a cautionary after-school special; I tried some at a party in 1993 and I have had a fever for the flavor ever since. Licensed excursions into the setting have a dodgy reputation; there's a lot of big ideas here and a unique voice that requires sort of a deft hand to execute. Games like Gladius, Mechanicus, and surprisingly the mobile game Tacticus all prove it can be done - basically, if it ends with -us it seems like we're in the clear. Shockingly, I never played the original Space Marine; I was nervous. I get this way sometimes about things I like. Space Marine 2, though? This is legit. I can understand why you might not want to take my word for it. But there's an inverse here, too - if it passes my test? Frankly, the game goes so fucking hard, so dense with real lore and crazy words, I don't know if it will mint new fans or repel them! That's how true it is. [...]
added in the comments said:
Oh! Dawn of War and Boltgun are also excellent.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mike (Gabe) liked it.

Outlaws delivers old school Star Wars fun that feels more like what we were getting in the eighties than what we’re getting today. ...
I’m telling you, if you are a Star Wars fan you should try Outlaws because it’s great and the people trying to tell you otherwise are full of shit.

100% this. I think it's awesome. CP2077 got dragged like this too for a bunch of bullshit.

Well, that and CDPR really fucked console players, but who cares about them?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Keep in mind that, in general, investors on the investment boards are also screwing each other all the time, whether it's to take someone else's shares or to trigger some other action, like a sell of some unrelated part of the other's portfolio. Intentionally causing lossess is an entirely legitimate tactic.

ropetight

Savant
Jabba the Hutt evolving from the nihilist crimelord to interstellar Che-Guevara is incredible accomplishment of post-modern writing ingenuity.
Nothing short of Disney original SW scripts!

++ Outlaws should be nominated for the best vehicle and starship simulation.
God, Ubisoft has no shame.

Last edited:

ind33d

Learned
Ubi employee says Outlaws was intended to be a bounty hunting game starring Han Solo. I legit think Blackrock told them they're not allowed to make a game starring a white male in a positive light and the developers phoned it in on purpose out of spite

-M-

Learned
I'm so out of touch with Ubisoft slop...so they always made their PC ports exclusive to their own store?
Apparently it started 5 years ago with The Division 2 when the only external store they released on was Epic. No idea if this was on their own volition or if Tim Sweeney made a pitch, because this would have been around when Epic was paying a lot of companies for exclusives.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-valhalla-wont-launch-on-steam-is-a/1100-6476676/

ultimanecat

Arcane
Ubisoft decided to be like EA when some accountant somewhere in their company told them that sharing profit with Valve is dumb and anybody who’d buy their games would buy them wherever they decided to sell them. Obviously a lie, and they’ve been eating shit for PC game sales ever since, but they probably got kicked some extra money from Epic for releasing on EGS. For example, there’s an Avatar game that is apparently okay and technically impressive which I haven’t even seen video of or anyone even talk about because it’s stuck on their retard launcher.

The Steam thing is really the big news. I doubt we’re getting new protagonists but releasing on Steam Day 1 means they don’t have the option to do any release shenanigans. They need the money ASAP. If they can’t make it hit then Ubisoft likely won’t survive as it is now through the end of next year.

Alter Sack

Magister
After 45 hours and still being mid-game, I unironically love this thing. People are too in love with complaining these days due to internets and the cultural ascendance of the loudmouth bitch boy.

Game is awesome. Also, OT era Star Wars.
Not everybody can stomach playing as a female space pajeet with a weird haircut.

Also the KI seems to be pretty stupid.

But hey, enjoy your AAAA game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom