Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game makes the Stormtrooper armor even more useless. Getting shot in the films is 100% certain death while using the armor already, but now, it does not even protect you from being knocked out by a tiny girl.

Ezekiel

Arcane
This game makes the Stormtrooper armor even more useless. Getting shot in the films is 100% certain death while using the armor already, but now, it does not even protect you from being knocked out by a tiny girl.
They never do it in a way that makes sense for a woman. Not quite sure what that would be in magic-less Star Wars.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They never do it in a way that makes sense for a woman. Not quite sure what that would be in magic-less Star Wars.
The knocking out part? Ironically enough, you get an upgrade later. A stun rod for the stronger type of enemies and droids. So, they could have gone around all that, by just having that stun rod available from the beginning. Knocking out Stormtroopers by tapping their helmet is ridiculous. The studio thought this was okay, lol.

Ezekiel

Arcane
The knocking out part? Ironically enough, you get an upgrade later. A stun rod for the stronger type of enemies and droids. So, they could have gone around all that, by just having that stun rod available from the beginning. Knocking out Stormtroopers by tapping their helmet is ridiculous. The studio thought this was okay, lol.
That would work. Or releasing objects in the environment, like the ewoks, but doesn't have to be just traps. The STEALTH TAKEDOWN is just easier.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Nu-media requires you to lobotomize the part of your brain that recognizes this kind of stuff.

In the new Netflix Terminator show, I've heard that an average-sized human woman hand-to-hands a terminator. Same principle.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Surprised they didn't just make Goblina force sensitive and just randomly pulling force powers out of her asshole, like Rey...

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I liked in the last of us 1 when you played as Ellie, she would jump on a guy's back like a goblin and jab him in the neck a bunch of times with a knife.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I liked in the last of us 1 when you played as Ellie, she would jump on a guy's back like a goblin and jab him in the neck a bunch of times with a knife.
For children.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'm saying Star Wars is for kids. Adults too, but that original trilogy was kid-friendly. She can't jump on a storm trooper and stab him repeatedly in the neck.

welly321

Scholar
All the resident autistics and retards are here in full force to shit on a game they havent even played or even plan to play. Man you guys are pathetic. GO ahead and rate me retarded some more , yea guys that'll show em we are cool!

When normies are hating on the game with the same garbage you guys are using, You are no longer the edgy and/or cool ones.
Nobody is stopping you from loving this garbage however people have the right to make up their mind and dislike it based on what they see.
I watched hours of gameplay and I can base my opinion on that. This game represents EVERYTHING I hate about modern gaming. From the shitty character designs, unlikable cast, shitty writing, the shitty enemy AI, endless fetch quests, extremely hand holdy progression, the obnoxious bitch MC to the forced leftist propaganda. No thanks.
If you enjoy sponsoring the downfall of the gaming industry, then nobody is stopping you, you go girl, vote with your wallet.

Also, hating this insult of a game is not about being different from the masses. It's about the corruption of games by the corpos and the leftist propaganda being forcefed to everyone.
I'm glad normies see it for what it is.
Shitty writing is wrong, endless fetch quests is wrong, unlikable cast is subjective and wrong imo, . YOu just wanted to hate it so you hate it. I know because you didnt even play it. And now you think your cool hating it with your cool codex bros. FUcking pathetic pussy
Stop malding because people dislike your comfort ubishit slop. You need to log off and go lay down. Better yet, go to reddit if you want people to celebrate mediocrity
Reddit is where the drones hate on this game like all of you. Your not being "edgy" by hating this game.

welly321

Scholar
Reddit is where the drones hate on this game like all of you. Your not being "edgy" by hating this game.
>Reddit hates the game
>Therefor the game is good
Well, yeah, but no.
Is that what I said? Not even close. Learn to read before you make yourself look stupid.
Some of you are hating on the game without even playing it for some real superficial reasons. Yea its dumb you can stealth takedown a stormtrooper. Its not like that makes it a bad game. Plenty of great games have had stupid shit like that. I swear most of you guys just troll this thread without even playing the game and forming an actual opinion. You just watched NPC #4200's youtube video or maybe Assmongloid , and parrot what they say.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
>Reddit hates the game
Well, yeah, but no.
Is that what I said? Not even close. Learn to read before you make yourself look stupid.
Some of you are hating on the game without even playing it for some real superficial reasons. Yea its dumb you can stealth takedown a stormtrooper. Its not like that makes it a bad game. Plenty of great games have had stupid shit like that. I swear most of you guys just troll this thread without even playing the game and forming an actual opinion. You just watched NPC #4200's youtube video or maybe Assmongloid , and parrot what they say.
"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands."
-Douglas Adams

Sweeper

Arcane
>Reddit hates the game
Well, yeah, but no.
Uh-huh. So, since you have to try something before you formulate an opinion on it, tell us, what does shit taste like?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
All the resident autistics and retards are here in full force to shit on a game they havent even played or even plan to play. Man you guys are pathetic. GO ahead and rate me retarded some more , yea guys that'll show em we are cool!

When normies are hating on the game with the same garbage you guys are using, You are no longer the edgy and/or cool ones.
Nobody is stopping you from loving this garbage however people have the right to make up their mind and dislike it based on what they see.
I watched hours of gameplay and I can base my opinion on that. This game represents EVERYTHING I hate about modern gaming. From the shitty character designs, unlikable cast, shitty writing, the shitty enemy AI, endless fetch quests, extremely hand holdy progression, the obnoxious bitch MC to the forced leftist propaganda. No thanks.
If you enjoy sponsoring the downfall of the gaming industry, then nobody is stopping you, you go girl, vote with your wallet.

Also, hating this insult of a game is not about being different from the masses. It's about the corruption of games by the corpos and the leftist propaganda being forcefed to everyone.
Shitty writing is wrong, endless fetch quests is wrong, unlikable cast is subjective and wrong imo, . YOu just wanted to hate it so you hate it. I know because you didnt even play it. And now you think your cool hating it with your cool codex bros. FUcking pathetic pussy
Stop malding because people dislike your comfort ubishit slop. You need to log off and go lay down. Better yet, go to reddit if you want people to celebrate mediocrity
Thanks for making me want to replay Jedi Academy instead of this Ubisoft garbage.
You should also play it, if you haven't already done so for some reason.

babayaga

Educated

Damn, the game is so bad even predditors dislike it? Based.
The more normies hate it and don't buy it, the better. Maybe AAA companies will have to get their shit together and actually put effort and shit out better products. Funny part is, everyone benefits from holding a company accountable for what they put out, you included.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
The subreddit for the game loves it. However, it feels astroturfed since half of the posts seem to be about the “haters”, and not much about the actual game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Cross-posting my thoughts from the games you played in August thread since people here may be interested.

What's your opinion on SW: Outlaws?

Well, it unironically feels like a game that was aimed at me. I grew up with OT Star Wars and was a huge fan, I like open world games - generally speaking, and I'm not often offended by female protagonists (cf. Princess Leia).

That being said, it does have a few irritating or weak points, though I think some are things that are things that can take some getting used to such as keyboard and mouse controls are pretty good, but you might have to tweak some of the sensitivity values and whether or not you want mouse control for things like speeder steering to suit your preferences, but before you get used to it and tweak things in a way that suits you, it might irritate the shit out of you and feel janky af.

There are actual bugs that I assume will be patched out if they haven't already such as enemies spawning on top of one another like has been shown in some of those glitch laugh reels. I think that has something to do with reloading, like if you get caught on a stealth scenario and kicked out, then the area reloads. I think it does something like spawns new enemies without despawning the old ones. Not sure if it still happens, but it is a thing that was happening.

All that aside, if you are into a game that's more about being immersive in a Star Wars galaxy, I think it's something you'd enjoy. If you're more into gamey things such that it'll piss you off if they're not there, then maybe not or at least wait for discounts. For instance, Kay (the PC) sneaks a lot and doesn't have many abilities because she's a Star Wars protagonist scoundrel and therefore isn't a villain, or crazy, doesn't gun down random people just because, and is fairly grounded with abilities that are similar to what you might see in a Star Wars movie.

Her progression is mostly about getting new gadgets or tweaking her ship, speeder, and general loadout. However, like Han Solo, though she might do something like modify her blaster, she's not going to go all Doom guy and start picking up rocket launchers and blaster rifles and shit. She might grab something someone drops, then use it for a bit and then it'll get dumped pretty quickly after, just like the only time you see Han Solo use anything other than his DL-44 is for a bit in ANH on the Death Star, and that bit in TFA where he uses Chewie's bowcaster.

There is no XP system or anything like that, progression is based on making contacts, building or losing reputation with factions, finding stuff, and modifying it. Minigames like arcade games, gambling on races, playing cards, etc. are all nicely done and I even like the lockpicking and slicing minigames. It basically feels like being on a Star Wars adventure with your lizard dog buddy.

If that sounds appealing to you, I recommend the game as a Star Wars fan. If it doesn't, then maybe not. I kicked in for the expensive early access edition and haven't regretted it at all, fwiw.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add: there are various ways to approach different scenarios and how NPCs react to you is dependant on your faction reputation. It's fairly easy to game, mind you, but still it's a nice touch. It's more of an Uncharted style action adventure with a few immersive sim elements than anything. I'd love to see these guys do a sequel and maybe dial up some of the shooting elements like from the Division games or something.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Holy shit, wait til you find out what Ewoks are.

Yub nub, muthafucka! :lol:
I feel there is a difference, even if some scenes from the movie look lame as well. This girl straight up punches the helmet and knocks people out. The best animation is probably the tap on the head from behind. You can feel the *bonk*.

starwarsoutlaws15.jpg

SMACK! Right in the kisser!

starwarsoutlaws36.jpg

How about a little dance?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Holy shit, wait til you find out what Ewoks are.

Yub nub, muthafucka! :lol:
I feel there is a difference, even if some scenes from the movie look lame as well. This girl straight up punches the helmet and knocks people out. The best animation is probably the tap on the head from behind. You can feel the *bonk*.

starwarsoutlaws15.jpg

SMACK! Right on the kisser!

starwarsoutlaws36.jpg

How about a little dance?

You should really go watch RotJ again if it's been awhile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom