Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws

How big are the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey zone? Because they’re saying a planet is about the size of two or three zones in that game.

Not really too much of a surprise that they’re handcrafted areas. It essentially sounds like a space themed (Star Wars) version of what other games like Skies of Arcadia, Beyond Good & Evil, Black Flag have done...but with better transitions between the land sections and the ship sections. Having handcrafted planet zones doesn’t seem unbelievable, especially if there’s like 6 to 10 of them.

Handcrafted with hundreds of towers and "activities" each, like every other Ubisoft Open World for the last 15 years.

Given how much it looks like they’re drawing on Metal Gear Solid 4 and 5, hopefully they just have you using binoculars (just like Luke Skywalker in Star Wars) to manually mark locations as opposed to doing Assassin’s Creed towers.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Some sites claim it to be an open world RPG.

Not only some sites:

https://www.eurogamer.net/star-wars-outlaws-wont-be-a-300-hour-epic-unfinishable-rpg

But now, in an interview with IGN, creative director Julian Gerighty has provided further insight into the size and scale of the game. (...) "So it is absolutely not a 200 or 300-hour epic unfinishable RPG. This is a very focused action-adventure RPG that will take people on a ride and is very manageable."
I guess it's time to move it to GRPG.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
As much as Ubisoft deserves all the usual flak that it gets, Massive is a stand-out studio that I believe can deliver a great Star Wars game here. It's certainly a welcoming contrast to the wall-running and lightsaber waggling Jedi series I'd say. Maybe, just maybe.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Some sites claim it to be an open world RPG.

Not only some sites:

https://www.eurogamer.net/star-wars-outlaws-wont-be-a-300-hour-epic-unfinishable-rpg

But now, in an interview with IGN, creative director Julian Gerighty has provided further insight into the size and scale of the game. (...) "So it is absolutely not a 200 or 300-hour epic unfinishable RPG. This is a very focused action-adventure RPG that will take people on a ride and is very manageable."
I guess it's time to move it to GRPG.
Infinitron

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Star Wars Outlaws May Have Been Delayed by Ubisoft​

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/star-wars-outlaws-possibly-delayed-ubisoft-large-game/

Why is Ubisoft Delaying a Large Game?​

Ubisoft doesn't seem to be delaying this game based on concerns over quality, or because the game's developers need extra time, which tend to be the main reasons games get pushed back. Instead, it seems that Ubisoft's numbers are very good this year, so the company plans to delay that big game into next year to help its numbers later. We don't know for certain that this is Star Wars Outlaws, and even if it is, a delay into the next fiscal year could mean just a few short months. If the company was planning to have the game release in February or March, we could still see it arrive in time to coincide with Star Wars Day in May. For now, fans will just have to wait patiently to see when the game gets a firm release date.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
How the fuck does Debra Wilson keep getting such a major role in every single AAA game? Is it true she's the only black woman in motion capture?
Debra Wilson?
O2jBFIq.jpg

Lemming42

Arcane
How the fuck does Debra Wilson keep getting such a major role in every single AAA game? Is it true she's the only black woman in motion capture?
She's got a really impressive and rich voice IMO, much moreso than other stock voice actors like Nolan North and Liam O'Brien (who seem to have made careers out of sounding generic as hell). She tends not to half-ass it as much as some other career VAs, even when she turns in a mid performance in a forgettable game she usually puts at least a bit of effort in. Also IMO she's more versatile than the previous go-to black woman, Cree Summer. Summer was/is a fantastic voice actor but she has such a unique voice that you could always tell it was her (like, compare Tandi in Fallout 1 and Lynette in Fallout 2 and you can tell it's the same actor even though she's changed her entire tone and cadence). Meanwhile Wilson can get two roles in the same game and you'd have to really strain to tell it's her doing both parts - I played Star Trek Resurgence recently and I could tell it was her doing the CMO since she used her own voice but she also does an alien queen and I didn't even catch it.

Wilson probably is eating up roles that could be going to other actors, but that just seems to be how voice acting works. If I have to hear Yuri fucking Lowenthal in anything ever again I'm going to smash something.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Debra Wilson?
O2jBFIq.jpg
Wow, they really uglied her up for that model. I don't think I've seen her since MadTV, but holy shit that's horrible. By the way, she was fantastic on MadTV. I still don't understand why SNL is still on the air and MadTV isn't. SNL hasn't been funny since they fired Norm MacDonald, and he's had time to die of cancer since then.

But yeah, that model is horrible. It's like they did a 3D capture of Debra Wilson then went nuts on the "Fish" slider.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom