Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Kept afloat? Aren't they breaking bank with every new release?

Good multiplayer and customization is what kept them afloat yes, of course nu-blizzard is not even the same company anymore, and breaking bank by producing shovelware like Hearthstone and leeching off of old IP's is all they can do now.

Lol. SC2 is as healthy as ever. Why all the hate? :)

Yeah hence why it pulls massive 10-15k views on WCS finals. Stagnant meta, bad design, dead scene. Seems healthy.

Archibald

Arcane
Not exactly on what should I educated myself? Simple question: From what point we should consider it as "nu-blizzard"? If its when they merged, then they were already swimming in WoW-dollars and weren't kept afloat by battle net or custom maps. Personally I'd say that it went to shit when WoW was released, couple of years before merge.

I'm not quite sure why you keep arguing about money mate, read kept afloat as kept relevant, customization and solid multiplayer were the things that people valued above all else and a pretty big reason for blizzard's commercial success, not to mention decent writing (i liked original sc campaign a lot, still do), overall design and polish (back when that word actually meant something). Wow in it's vanilla state was actually pretty awesome, but over the years it degraded into something i wouldn't even call a game at this point. WOTLK was the last passable thing they made (coincidentally it was released in 2008).

Archibald

Arcane
True, its a bit of pointless semantics on my side.

(i liked original sc campaign a lot, still do)

Now I don't remember the names, but I remember that there were some decent fan-maps that tried to continue story of sc and it felt more in line with original campaigns than what we got with sc2.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I will probably buy this. The campaigns on max difficulty were entertaining, and not many companies make RTS games anymore.Plus, the multiplayers should be a decent distraction.

Also, I cannot believe someone said WOTLK was passable. It was a massive letdown from what WC3 setup and lazy. WOTLK was the era of free epics, filler dungeons, crap dailies, and awful story work.

Keshik

Arcane
The zealot charge at the end was pretty cool. Nothing beats the Brood War intro yet, though

m_s0

Arcane
Nothing beats the Brood War intro yet, though
That was the point at which they had more talent than resources to fully realize that talent. These days they seem to have more resources than ideas on how to utilize those.

Angthoron

Arcane
Nothing beats the Brood War intro yet, though
So much this. Brood War intro was amazing. If only Blizz had the same scriptwriting talent with their current budgets and tech.

Honorable mention to WC3's regicide too, though not really the same thing.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
November 10? They gonna get nuked so hard by fallout 4

Release date is weird. The exact same day as Fallout 4? What, they couldn't have waited two, three more weeks? With XCOM2 delayed it's not like there are another 20 big releases coming between F4 and Christmas. Sheesh.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the quality of the dialogue in the cinematics has gone down partly because the purpose of the trailers is for marketing, as opposed to story. To my knowledge, many of the recent trailers give a 30 second run down of the story, rather than just advance it. Anyone can get the gist of the story in these recent cinematics, but I think the Diablo and Broodwar cinematics only made sense to fans.

That being said, I did enjoy the Heart of the Swarm and the Warlords of Draenor cinematics, even with the cringe inducing dialogue.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I hate that they made the setting into some Dragon Ball Z shit. For me SC died on UED retreat.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't expect much out of this expansion. Blizzard had a chance to make MP more interesting but decided to go back on the changes instead of pushing them further. Singleplayer is probably going to be more boring shit story.

I bought WoL, a friend let me use his HotS to play SP, I hope I can pirate LotV to play SP and forget I was once a big fan of SC universe.
I still want a Starcraft movie because it just might be better than Starship Troopers ! :)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Release date is weird. The exact same day as Fallout 4? What, they couldn't have waited two, three more weeks? With XCOM2 delayed it's not like there are another 20 big releases coming between F4 and Christmas. Sheesh.
FO4 is just a random small game. FO4 is the one that should change the release date. (It's not like they will not need about 20 patches until FO4 would stop crashing.)

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
This trailer was utter shit.

GjVgB39.png

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Seen first mission from LOTV. Actually that was from that mini campaign that was prequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom