Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
ladders are very rarely used in Starfield from what I've seen. that's more cherry picked stuff to make the game look bad. Only place I've seen a ladder is in enemy ships. in dungeons I don't think I've seen one yet. enemies also usually use their jetpack to go up and down levels

Vic

Savant
but yes enemy AI is dumb as fuck. One dude emptied his whole magazine while I was waiting behind full cover, then started reloading without seeking cover himself. I don't think I've seen an enemy try to seek shelter from a grenade yet either.

but mods will fix it right

racofer

Thread Incliner
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a44998288/todd-howard-starfield-interview/

image.png

u-https-media-giphy-com-media-l1-Bg-R565-Dj-EUi-Vsbe-giphy.gif

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Don't give a fuck how based that dude is his voice is fucking horrible. I could never take anything he says seriously. Plus, he is friends with Arch, who is a furfag.
IIRC, I think he was a scalie at one point, which is like a furfag, but with lizards.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The named NPC in this game aren't so bad, but damn, the random "citizens" are an absolute abomination. Hope there is a "Kill 'em all" ending option.
Its “have you heard of the High Elves” again. I’m loving it.

Oddly, it’s actually the first Bethesda game where I’m not quite sure who is a quest giver and who just talks about stuff, because so many NPCs have names. You can run into a complete rando janitor and she’ll give you a quest.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Wtf the game didn't even break 300k? This is half of what I expected.
Gamepass doesn't count because there's no way that M$ will even come close to get even half of money back from subscriptions alone.

Vic

Savant
Gamepass doesn't count because there's no way that M$ will even come close to get even half of money back from subscriptions alone.
Dead game in a month everybody will forget about this shit.

bethesdatards on suicide watch.
it will surpass BG3 in concurrent players tomorrow

Robotigan

Learned
I can't tell if this is a joke, but I think growing Gamepass subscribers by offering free games on the service is the whole point.

Vic

Savant
Not on Steam from the look of it. Starfield can't even beat BG3's current numbers there, let alone its all-time high of over 800k.
it will this weekend I think because people are sheep. Many have been turned off by influencers and the shitstorm on social media. Now that steam has banned refunders from reviewing, the game has a positive score and is #1 top seller and #4 most played on steam. People will look at it, see the positive reviews and will play it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
it will surpass BG3 in concurrent players tomorrow
Not on Steam from the look of it. Starfield can't even beat BG3's current numbers there, let alone its all-time high of over 800k.
it will this weekend I think because people are sheep. Many have been turned off by influencers and the shitstorm on social media. Now that steam has banned refunders from reviewing the game has a positive score and is #1 top soller and #4 most played on steam. People will look at it, see the positive reviews and will play it.
Thanks for reminding me to buy it, review it and refund it lol.

Also "this weekend" isn't "tomorrow". :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom