Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Personally, I don't see how it couldn't surpass BG3 at some point. A lot fewer players like RPGs than like FPS games.

If Bethesda fails to beat out BG3 in the long-term, they will have to have majorly screwed up.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Personally, I don't see how it couldn't surpass BG3 at some point. A lot fewer players like RPGs than like FPS games.

If Bethesda fails to beat out BG3 in the long-term, they will have to have majorly screwed up.

imo if the mod scene starts churning and they release the usual expack stuff, it'll pick up. They may even manage to Skyrim it to you 90 times on every platform imaginable, including Smartfridge.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

well, BG3 is co-op for one, DND is also much more mainstream now. but yeah, it was a shitty launch playerwise for them.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
JMugTCZ.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
imo if the mod scene starts churning and they release the usual expack stuff, it'll pick up. They may even manage to Skyrim it to you 90 times on every platform imaginable, including Smartfridge.
They've already given the thing away with AMD processors. I wonder what else they'll package it with.

People who buy a Bethesda game day-one need to reevaluate how they spend their money. I think I spent $5 on my copy of Skyrim, though I was living in another country at the time.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
They've already given the thing away with AMD processors. I wonder what else they'll package it with.

People who buy a Bethesda game day-one need to reevaluate how they spend their money. I think I spent $5 on my copy of Skyrim, though I was living in another country at the time.

Some of them like it. *shrugs*

Ben Zyklon

Educated
I pirated the game to try it out...

Had to download a mod to get dlss3...

Now I just discovered that stealth sucks in this game, it's so fucking bad, it almost feel like the enemies have a random chance to detect you or something, did a quick search and yeah, many people are complaining about how bad the stealth mechanics are.

I also saw that melee combat is dogshit and even melee weapons suck compared to ranged ones.

I read most of the perks and most of them look fucking boring, I think Fallout 4 perks were more Interesting than this, I don't remember much but I remember the perks felt more rewarding.

It really feels like this game wasn't even play tested.

tastywaffles

Literate
View attachment 40920

Ah yes. Sweeping the moon.
It would be funny if his dialogue indicated he was being punished for something.

"What are you hoping to accomplish by sweeping the moon?"
"I have failed great leader. This is my penance."
"What happened?"
"I was caught drinking out of the milk carton in the community fridge."
"Where do you get milk from?"
"What do you mean? From the carton. I've got important work to do, keep your stupid questions pointed elsewhere."
"Your boss sounds like a huge prick. Want I should kill they/them?"
"So you destroy my career, kill my friends, and you think I'd want that?"
"Join me on the USS Consternation and you can have all the milk you can chug."
"*chin-scratching hmmmm* Let's rock."

Also "this weekend" isn't "tomorrow". :M
In my timezone it is, either way, I think it will happen.
auyiiio.jpg

You don't say.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
of course you did, $70 is probably what you make in 3 months in your country

Now I just discovered that stealth sucks in this game, it's so fucking bad, it almost feel like the enemies have a random chance to detect you or something, did a quick search and yeah, many people are complaining about how bad the stealth mechanics are.
did you invest skill points in stealth?

It really feels like you didn't even play the game.

Azdul

Magister
it will surpass BG3 in concurrent players tomorrow
QlGbyrb.png

Not on Steam from the look of it. Starfield can't even beat BG3's current numbers there, let alone its all-time high of over 800k.
1 mln concurrent players across all platforms:

To be fair - 800k for BG3 does not include GOG sales ;).

I can't wait to play Starfield when it will be released on GOG - around 2027. Bethesda improved their technology leaps and bounds in last few decades - so Starfield should be pretty stable by then.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Funny how all the nigger memes have stopped despite more people playing, almost as if that was just a fake news campaign instigated by haters... Curious I'd want to say.

Nah, it's still going. It just felt like the joke was wearing a bit thin here. A lot of them floating around Steam groups and other places. But for you, I am willing to send along a few choice schnigpics. And who knows, maybe some cranky codexers will still get a chuckle.

starfieldnose.jpg

starfieldcacamilk.jpg

starfieldzombie.jpg

Ben Zyklon

Educated
of course you did, $70 is probably what you make in 3 months in your country

did you invest skill points in stealth?

It really feels like you didn't even play the game.
They aren't charging 70 dollars for it in Mexico, it's 95 dollars or 135 and it shouldn't cost that amount considering that Mexico currency is increasing it's value.

More so I won't pay for a game that I will not play much because it's boring, I don't like what I am seeing or what the people that have played it say about it.

So the reasons I didn't pay for it was because: I find the price completely unfair for my country for no reason and because I am really skeptical about this game and how much I will end up playing it if I buy it.

About stealth, I have the first rank since I just begun the game, but I find it unreliable and I have seen people topics about stealth and they agree it sucks badly, people that have maxed stealth say it's bad.

Same with melee, melee mechanics are bad and melee weapons have no variety and on top of that you can't mod them.

It really feels like the game was rushed in many aspects.

I am playing the game, but I just started and don't know how much the game will hook me, for now it has failed to give me a good impression and in fact is the opposite, I don't feel the impulse of keep playing like when playing other games that time flies and I just don't want to stop, so far it feels really meh.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
To be fair - 800k for BG3 does not include GOG sales ;).
And BG3 hasn't released on Xbox yet. It's supposed to in a few months. Not really much of a comparison. We can add its numbers then to get a more accurate picture.

Again, I full expect an FPS to beat out an RPG in sales, but it hasn't yet. Especially considering that Microsoft gave away a bunch of copies with AMD processors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom